Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Oct 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1754752)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Zanardi to test BMW - Sauber F1.06

This seems to have slipped under the radar unless I messed anothe thread, but Alessando Zanardi will test a BMW at the BMW World Finals next month. Good on him!

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/55474
Old 31 Oct 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1754764)   #2
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
This seems to have slipped under the radar unless I messed anothe thread, but Alessando Zanardi will test a BMW at the BMW World Finals next month. Good on him!

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/55474
old news i think. welll i certainly would have thought it would have been posted already. could be wrong though
Old 31 Oct 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1754770)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It hasn't been posted I don't think.

It is good for Alex and nice for the public to see him drive an F1 car again. Alex is an amazing person.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1754791)   #4
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that guy really sets an example to everyone, good stuff
Old 31 Oct 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1754809)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see that Zanardi has all that motivation, such a lesson to many.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1754833)   #6
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it's fantastic.

To be honest I've only ever actually watched Zanardi race in WTCC, where - ignoring the fact he has no legs - his performance isn't stunning... but taking into account his physical situation.. I really admire the chap for the outright determination he has, and the truly unique skills he has when it comes to racing a car.

It's also good to see Mario/BMW motorsport acknowledging Zanardi's effort's in the WTCC - Priaulx got an F1 test as did one (or both) of the Muller Bros.

I'd love to see Roberto Ravaglia (AZ's "BMW Team Italy/Spain" Boss also test the car - as he is a BMW legend also!)
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 02:30 (Ref:1754904)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Nice to see that Zanardi has all that motivation, such a lesson to many.

Exactly right, what a great human being Alex Zanardi is.. He was a sight to behold when he was in Indy cars..
Old 1 Nov 2006, 03:03 (Ref:1754913)   #8
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Taz Q2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=Matski]
To be honest I've only ever actually watched Zanardi race in WTCC, where - ignoring the fact he has no legs - his performance isn't stunning... but taking into account his physical situation.

Geez mate i'd hate to have you as a judge on my driving ability, the balls that man has shown to the rest of the world is an absolute inspiration to any person walking the face of this earth with a debilitating injury of any nature, & you can not ignore the fact he has no legs thats ludicrus.

He's a dead set champion in my books.

Last edited by Taz Q2; 1 Nov 2006 at 03:06.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 05:35 (Ref:1754959)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Zanardi is still motivated into racing open wheelers, shows how amazing his courage is to step back into something which made him lose his legs.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Nov 2006, 07:17 (Ref:1755004)   #10
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
I think it's fantastic.

To be honest I've only ever actually watched Zanardi race in WTCC,
If you've never seen "The Pass"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0srtAuAnF0
Old 1 Nov 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1755072)   #11
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Q2
Geez mate i'd hate to have you as a judge on my driving ability, the balls that man has shown to the rest of the world is an absolute inspiration to any person walking the face of this earth with a debilitating injury of any nature, & you can not ignore the fact he has no legs thats ludicrus.

He's a dead set champion in my books.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing him -

If you judge his performance by effort and dedication he gets 20 out of 10...

but, if you judge his performance by results (compared to the other 320i pilots) he doesn't do so good - 7 out of 10 ? Priaulx and the mullers are usually further up the road than Alessandro --- even Rangoni last race!!

... But like I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
I think it's fantastic.
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1755077)   #12
Matski
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baclightning
If you've never seen "The Pass"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0srtAuAnF0
No, I hadnt, but that is EXACTLEY the way I do it in GT4!!!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1755100)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Illegal by the way...
Old 1 Nov 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1755102)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn that is a nice move... Even if it may be technically illegal...

*cue argument*
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:57 (Ref:1755156)   #15
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another ex-racer on the wrong side of 40 in a modern F1 car? Can't their marketing department come up with something original?
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1755164)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Illegal by the way...
But only because of that pass, it wasn't at the time
Old 1 Nov 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1755465)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be honest, it was a woeful and scruffy pass, but still highly entertaining and dramatic. Which is all that matters.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1755477)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
To be honest, it was a woeful and scruffy pass, but still highly entertaining and dramatic. Which is all that matters.
Woeful and scruffy seems to be the only way it can be done by some drivers.Can you think of another.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1755490)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

OK, it was a pathetic, lame and ignorant attempt at a pass. (Is that better?)
Old 1 Nov 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1755512)   #20
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All Herta had to do was turn in on time and Zanardi would have looked like an A class fool.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1755554)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
OK, it was a pathetic, lame and ignorant attempt at a pass. (Is that better?)
Perfect.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1755733)   #22
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
All Herta had to do was turn in on time and Zanardi would have looked like an A class fool.
But that was what made it great - he didn't have time to.

Before Herta realised what was happening, Zanardi was up alongside and past - he caught him totally off guard at a spot that isn't really an ideal passing place.

It was brilliantly opportunistic and the sort of stuff only a true racer would even try at such a daunting spot.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1755750)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Poor Herta, denied by Zanardi at the end - it wasn't the last time that happened!

Back in the old days racing like that was enjoyed. It is just too damn exciting for 21st century fans.

Oh and he had the faster car and he did it under braking!
Old 2 Nov 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1756524)   #24
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Oh and he had the faster car and he did it under braking!
As opposed to in the pits...
Old 2 Nov 2006, 21:59 (Ref:1756597)   #25
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Another ex-racer on the wrong side of 40 in a modern F1 car? Can't their marketing department come up with something original?
This aint marketing driven - it's a genuine thank-you for a man who's been to hell and back.

Can't anything happen without cynicism any more?