Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jun 2006, 06:23 (Ref:1626558)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who will beat the Heat at the Valley? (R5 V8SCS)

I know it is striaght after the Winton race , but the question is who will bet the heat at the valley in Darwin. Put your placing down.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 4 Jun 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1626565)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#3 Jason Richards
#6 Mark Winterbottom
#11 Paul Dumbrell
Old 4 Jun 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1626575)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
T Kelly
Tander
R Kelly

Dark Horses: Skaife, Lowndes, Jason Richards, Lowndes, Whincup and the FPR Boys
Old 4 Jun 2006, 07:23 (Ref:1626583)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little Jim goes back into the new rebuilt # 4 at this meet.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 07:24 (Ref:1626584)   #5
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
#3 Jason Richards
#6 Mark Winterbottom
#11 Paul Dumbrell
I reckon JR will need a little more grunt to win the round GTR. He will also need to stay clear of the little nudges,bangs, etc that he got into in R1 this weekend. A top 5 finish would be the icing I think.

I reckon Mister Storey will again win the battle of the fishing, little like last year really. A 14Kg jewie for 2 hrs trying put Brighty's efforts to shame, must be five years now and not a jewie scale in the Ford boat!

Realistically you cant go past the TWR empire, triple 8, and probably FPR on current speed. Perkins will probably be in there but consistency seems to be more their go.

I can only hope McConkin has a good engine for the weekend and is not let down again. For a great bloke he is sure getting kicked.

Last edited by sizzle; 4 Jun 2006 at 07:26.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 07:29 (Ref:1626588)   #6
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
I reckon JR will need a little more grunt to win the round GTR. He will also need to stay clear of the little nudges,bangs, etc that he got into in R1 this weekend. A top 5 finish would be the icing I think.

I reckon Mister Storey will again win the battle of the fishing, little like last year really. A 14Kg jewie for 2 hrs trying put Brighty's efforts to shame, must be five years now and not a jewie scale in the Ford boat!

Realistically you cant go past the TWR empire, triple 8, and probably FPR on current speed. Perkins will probably be in there but consistency seems to be more their go.

I can only hope McConkin has a good engine for the weekend and is not let down again. For a great bloke he is sure getting kicked.
I agree with GTR that Dumbrell seems to be coming of age.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 07:36 (Ref:1626591)   #7
observer
Rookie

Australia
australia
observer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On last years performance up there, and the way he is going this year:
TANDER
Old 5 Jun 2006, 03:04 (Ref:1627270)   #8
Sparklehorse
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Perth
Sparklehorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will surely be a different winner so,

Winterbottom, Bright, Dumbrell, Either Kelly, Tander.

Where are the SBR boys, what has happened to the pace setters? Marcos really was a huge loss.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1628424)   #9
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea of Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes (twice) being the 'dark horses.

Surely no-one would have picked them. Well spotted, Greg.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 00:27 (Ref:1628914)   #10
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8
I like the idea of Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes (twice) being the 'dark horses.

Surely no-one would have picked them. Well spotted, Greg.
Well, you'd have to say that Lowndesy's at long odds for winning the round twice this year...
Old 7 Jun 2006, 05:10 (Ref:1628964)   #11
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be the Lowndes and TWR Show as per usual - all HRT front row last year, Tander was quick, Lowndes quali'd 3rd, raced and finished 3rd R1, R2 had a drama with the air jack, came out and gave Ingall a touch up breaking the watts link, started R3 in P34 and finished 10th - he will be no lower than top 4 and will take the lead of the championship
Old 7 Jun 2006, 06:00 (Ref:1628983)   #12
Sparklehorse
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Perth
Sparklehorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes will have a new SBR engine.

As neil said, Queensland raceway must be giving SBR data suggesting their cars are better. But QR is a high speed track, this wouldn't correlate to lower speed tracks and corners. I wonder if we will see sbr revert to something closer to last years spec?

Courtney will look an improved driver racing near the front in a fast car. Look what it has done for Whincup and Winterbottom.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 07:25 (Ref:1629020)   #13
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going for a Lowndes/Tander battle with Steve Richards next best.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1629055)   #14
SRabbit
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklehorse

I was of the understanding the upgrade due for these engines was the new D3 head - and even then I'd heard only 1 out of the 7 in service would have it - if it's untested i hope they DON'T give it to Craig!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1629110)   #15
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#888 Craig Lowndes
#16 Garth Tander
#11 Paul Dumbrell (just signed a deal with HMS, should be in for a good round)
Old 7 Jun 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1629130)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
I was of the understanding the upgrade due for these engines was the new D3 head - and even then I'd heard only 1 out of the 7 in service would have it - if it's untested i hope they DON'T give it to Craig!
The powder room have suggested that the 2 BOC sponsored cars are equipped with D3-headed SBR-prepared engines....
Old 7 Jun 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1629507)   #17
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklehorse

As neil said, Queensland raceway must be giving SBR data suggesting their cars are better. But QR is a high speed track, this wouldn't correlate to lower speed tracks and corners. I wonder if we will see sbr revert to something closer to last years spec?

Courtney will look an improved driver racing near the front in a fast car. Look what it has done for Whincup and Winterbottom.

They actually use the Qld data to provide the base setup for Winton! (They then fine tune for the track condition)
I spoke briefly with Craig on Saturday, and he said luckily it's working for his team, but often, the Winton Based teams come up to Qld, and there base set up doesn't work.
Wven though HRT and Toll fell away during the races at Winton, expect them to be strong at Qld.

Tips for HV
Lowndes (Very strong last year but for a bad pitstop)
Todd Kelly (his luck has to change)
Bright (good HP these days and putting power down well)
Old 7 Jun 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1629562)   #18
SRabbit
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The powder room have suggested that the 2 BOC sponsored cars are equipped with D3-headed SBR-prepared engines....

this does nothing to increase my level of confidence......
Old 9 Jun 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1630479)   #19
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Long straight might be the undoing of Fords here as in past

1. Todd Kelly - likes the place and if he stays away from Silly Tander and BPB Richards, I'll give him agreat chance.
2. Mark Skaife - sneakily doing a bit of an Ingall this year...conservative
3. C. Lowndes - too good to leave out
Old 9 Jun 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1630589)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#1 - Murphy
#2 - Dumbrell
#3 - Winterbottom
Old 9 Jun 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1630864)   #21
ratty021
Rookie

ratty021 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id say Lowndes, Skaife, Kelly Boys, GT, Richo x 2 if JAse gets power. Hopefully the Rat he went well there last year until an engine problem. Hopefully the SCAR boys sort out their problems
Old 9 Jun 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1630867)   #22
ratty021
Rookie

ratty021 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife Lowndes, Kelly boys, Richo x 2 if JAse gets more power, Hopefully the Rat he went well last year until an engine problem, Scar boys, hopefully they get some decent engines
Old 9 Jun 2006, 23:14 (Ref:1630899)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
this does nothing to increase my level of confidence......
The D3 heads are said to be heavier than the current specification, and the balance of where the weight sits in the engine is higher from the ground as opposed to closer to the ground....
Old 10 Jun 2006, 05:06 (Ref:1630965)   #24
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon there will be a few peed off corporates this year. Normally the pits corpies can see up into the valley and vice-versa for the valley corpies down into the pits. This year they have erected a huge marquee (http://www.nt.gov.au/majorevents/v8s...e_monster.html) that will block those views out. Joe Public gets to buy a ticket for his left arm and both legs which doesn't include catering! Can't wait to see the looks on their faces.

Last edited by sizzle; 10 Jun 2006 at 05:07. Reason: Chatter fingers
Old 10 Jun 2006, 14:35 (Ref:1631174)   #25
pink_bits
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
pink_bits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Prediction...

Lowndes
Frosty
Skaife / ONe of thoes annying Kelly boys.

Look out big movers
Steve Owen, Brighty to be well within the top 10 and the JD cars to be up there too!!