Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 24 Mar 2003, 15:37 (Ref:546487)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Treasured Memorabilia, what do you have?

What is your most treasured piece of motorsport memorabilia?

Mine is a race program of the 1994 Touring Car World Cup at Donnington Park, signed by Nigel Mansell, Tiff Needell, John Cleland and David Leslie. Do you think it would be worth much on Ebay, considering its signed by Tiff and Nige, before that accident?

Last edited by Hobson; 24 Mar 2003 at 15:46.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 16:45 (Ref:546555)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't got very much, really, but I guess it would have to be Le Mans-based.

I have the race programme, Autosport results issue and Autosport LM Supplements for every year I've been to Le Mans - 1986-2002. I also have a number of autographs, but nothing truly outstanding.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 16:46 (Ref:546557)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I do have a BTCC/British F3 programme from Thruxton signed by the likes of Coulthard, Barrichello, plus most of the other F3 runners and the BTCC runners, with Win Percy (just a spectator that day) and Jackie Stewart and Murray Walker....
Old 24 Mar 2003, 17:07 (Ref:546578)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a number of signed pics. David Coulthard (loads), Mika Hakkinen (which was also signed by DC) Kimi Raikkonen, and Dario Franchitti (thanks again Liz )
Old 24 Mar 2003, 17:59 (Ref:546610)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My childhood autograph book signed by the likes of Graham Hill, Rindt, Cevert, Stewart, Fittipaldi, Lauda, Ickx, Courage, Oliver, Hailwood, Surtees etc.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:28 (Ref:546724)   #6
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have two of the original Martin Racing/Porsche shaped & multicoloured stickers off the Silver Porsche 917s, nicked for me by Brian Redman who was in a corresponding Ferrari, same race at Brands, wahtever the year. They are b e a u t i f u l!
My right testical I would swop, but not either of ...
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:37 (Ref:546733)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
My childhood autograph book signed by the likes of Graham Hill, Rindt, Cevert, Stewart, Fittipaldi, Lauda, Ickx, Courage, Oliver, Hailwood, Surtees etc.

Mmmmmm. Very nice indeed!!!
Old 24 Mar 2003, 19:54 (Ref:546760)   #8
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a Champagne Magnum signed by the Le Mans Mazda drivers, but the bottle is empty, Herbert drunk most of it but did not sign the bottle

Simon
Old 24 Mar 2003, 20:05 (Ref:546769)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm surprised he had enough strength to drink it after the'd lifted him out of the car......
Old 25 Mar 2003, 23:00 (Ref:548131)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you can call this 'memorabilia' this is what I have:

I've got a huge framed pencil sketching of Damon in his 1997 Arrows which he has signed with Certificate and photo. I bought that as a limited run and it wasn't cheap!

My other is a presentation pack of Isle of Man postage stamps celebrating Nigel Mansell's 1992 World Championship.

But then I do really treasure them!

Last edited by Spudgun; 25 Mar 2003 at 23:00.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 23:45 (Ref:549438)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got a genuine Player's Forsythe mechanics shirt from the season in which Greg Moore died (RIP) and a signed photo of him from the start of the same season. Nothing could part me from it, but the greatest pleasure is wearing it. If it wears out, than I'll hang it up and save it.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 01:15 (Ref:549500)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahhh... now you've gotten me to go back into my dusty old memory cupboard...

I've given up getting autographs these days, but I collected a few a while back. A lot of signed posters (things like Rickard Rydell and Jim Richards Bathurst winners poster). Looking through my autograph book, I've found- Tim Harvey, Jan Nillson, Rickard Rydell, Paul Radisich, John Cleland, Dereck Warwick, Peter Brock, Carl Hass, Mauricio Gugelmin, Alex Zanardi, Gil de Ferran, Craig Lowndes, Dick Johnson, Mark Skaife, Barry Sheene, Alan Jones, Jim Richards, and a lot of other Australia drivers. Also I scored a signed Scott Dixon hat last year.

Clothing wise, just a lot of shirts and hats, but my faves would be the Greg Moore shirt a friend from the state sent to me that arrived the day before he died ().

I've got a truck load of programs and books. Proabably the best programs would be a few old British GP programs, the older Bathurst ones from the 70s, 1949 & 1980 AGP, the program from the first race meeting at Baskerville etc.

Apart from thaat I suppose a truck load of photos... bit hard to tell which ones I like in them, but a couple of standouts form last year were of me moping up a mess at the historic meeting last year on the friday when they were short of broom pushers, and interviewing Marcos Ambrose after he scored pole at the 500.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:45 (Ref:549878)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a sh!tload of old magazines, programme's and video's (mostly been given to me by family members)

I've got abit of Ayrton Senna's front wing that was given to me by a friend who was in Adelaide during the 1990 Australian GP, when Senna crashed out while leading. (although by just looking at it there is no way you would be able to tell)

I've got autographed hats and posters and so on, mostly of Australian drivers.

Might not mean much to some but i've held onto my ticket from last years inaugural Bathurst 24 Hours.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 19:42 (Ref:550351)   #14
Joe Twyman
Rookie

Joe Twyman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have numerous signed photos, but my most treasured possesion is a Russell Brockbank drawing of Graham Hill and a number of other 60's racing legends flying through the woods.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 21:17 (Ref:550443)   #15
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a brake rotor from one of the ORECA Vipers when they came in 1999. I have a rear quarterpanel off of some Mazda RX-7 that was racing in a Grand-Am race in 2000. I also have some other brake component from one of Moretti's 333sp's from 1994(?), and finally, I have a bodywork screw from one of the old Intersport R&S's after it crashed into the wall coming out of the last turn in 1998. All of these were picked up at various Six Hour of the Glen races (except the Viper rotor, which was an FIA GT race) through the years.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 22:32 (Ref:551616)   #16
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO F1 stuff, mostly Amercian forms of racing here. I got old drag racing stuff from the late 60's early 70's when my father was involved with the sport. The most stuff I got however is NASCAR related, in preticular Dale Earnhardt stuff. I got an original Brickyard 400 authographed jacket along with tons of other autographs. One in preticular is a die cast model car that is worth about $500 on its own, let alone autographed.

My uncle that lives in Long Beach has all kinds of things from the Grand Prix there, both CART and F1. HE actually has a tire used in the race by an F1 team that I can't recall right now, I think Shadow.
Old 29 Mar 2003, 01:15 (Ref:551753)   #17
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1989 Australian Grand Prix programma signed by Piquet and Gugelmin. Other than that, just my other rac books, magazines and other bits and piecs.
Old 29 Mar 2003, 14:13 (Ref:552121)   #18
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I recently found out a friend of mine has a rear wing from one of the BTCC Volvo 850s, apparently its from the 850 that Rickard rolled at Brands. I think its signed by him, I am trying to get it from him...
Old 29 Mar 2003, 14:34 (Ref:552134)   #19
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing I have really is a 1999 Badoer Minardi die-cast, sent to me by the lovely LucaBadoer
Old 10 Apr 2003, 06:59 (Ref:564789)   #20
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8/10 driver signatures for the '97 Vancouver rounds of the short lived NATCC. Numerous race programmes from the JTCC, BTCC, ASTC,. Also, manufacturer PR packs from various BTCC manufacturers.

The most valuable is probably the few stickers/patches for the NATCC that said "Supertouring Championship" These were never sold, only given to those involved in the series!

Last edited by kmchow; 10 Apr 2003 at 07:00.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 23:21 (Ref:565686)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
signed JPM diecast car

signed JPM ticket from Silverstone 2001

4 signed Eddie Irvine prints

signed print of Damon Hill winning at SPA 1998 (by Eddie Jordan)

signed Dario Francitti print

and loads of signed cards and photos including Murray walker, Johnny Herbert, Takuma Sato, Eddie Irvine, Jenson Button, Mike Gascoyne (sp), Gary Paffitt and others i can't remember.

Last edited by Mr V; 10 Apr 2003 at 23:22.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 09:03 (Ref:577772)   #22
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
an egg sport hat is mine
Old 26 Apr 2003, 20:39 (Ref:581637)   #23
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but since I just got a digi-cam I thought I may as well use it.

This is my 1997 Damon Hill drawing signed by the man himself. It sits pride of place on my wall.
Attached Thumbnails
hill_small.jpg  
Old 26 Apr 2003, 22:22 (Ref:581716)   #24
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most cherished in my collection are two Stefan Bellof autographs.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 22:33 (Ref:581720)   #25
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the autographs of Alonso, McNish and Trulli around a picture of the new Renault...acquired through my man Hugh Jarce fro my 18th when we met up in widsor - thats on my wall at the end of my bed

the other possession was a JPM cap...not signed or anything, but i brought it and it was the first F1 thing that i ever had. i lent it to my ex-girlfriend and i've not actually got it back

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead