Old 15 Jul 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2727335)   #1
Griff
Rookie

Wales
south wales
Griff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood thank you

Hello
I hope you dont mind me posting this on your forum it is a copy of a mail I sent to Dale Wells at the BARC I dont know why I didnt put it here in the first place !
Many thanks again to all concerned
GRIFF

Dale

I hope you don’t mind me sending you this to hopefully pass on to all concerned.

I would like to say a huge thank you to ALL the marshals involved with Goodwood FOS

Over the three days we were there competing I found every single one an absolute

pleasure to deal with with nothing being to much trouble or effort even when I stalled

the car at the turn round and they had to push me 50yrds up hill !!!

But the main reason for this mail is to thank the guys that helped sort out everything

when we had a rear track rod fail on Sunday morning putting me in the straw bales in

front of the main stand causing quite substantial damage to the Lotus .

At that point I limped off disgusted with myself thinking that it had been my error

that had caused the accident leaving a couple of my team to sort out the carnage and

to say they were impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of your marshals would

be an understatement they gave everybody involved a glowing report ! so if you would be so

kind as to send this on to the relevant people I would be very grateful as I have already said

many many thanks to all of them And if I can do anything to help the marshal fund etc with the

Lotus please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Steve Griffiths
Newport
S Wales

F1 Camel Lotus/Judd 101
Old 16 Jul 2010, 06:42 (Ref:2727419)   #2
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Steve

As just one of the marshals working at the event (but not directly involved in your incident), all I can say on behalf of all marshals is a big "Thank You" for taking the time to put pen to paper in acknowledgement of the efforts made.

Likewise, we appreciate the time and effort it takes for drivers and owners like yourself to bring and run their precious pieces of machinery on the hill, so long may this working relationship continue!!!!

Yours, in motorsport

Steve
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2727691)   #3
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Griff, I wasn't one of the guys who helped you out either - you had just passed my post (Crossing 5) before the bridge where everything seemed to go pear-shaped, leading to a definate "Oh S***!" moment and getting poised to throw the red flag!

I'd like to Echo Steve's words for your taking the time to write. It's really good of you to take the trouble, and I'm sure that all we'd like is to see you back out on track again very soon.

Feel free to come and play with us at Sunny Pembrey if you get the chance! I do believe that several of the Marshals who helped you are Pembrey regulars so you will know some faces already!
Old 19 Jul 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2728971)   #4
Tris1976
Rookie

Wales
Carmarthen, South Wales
Tris1976 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve,

I was one of the marshals that helped you out of bales opposite the F1 paddock and as the others have said it is great to receive a thank you.

Seeing you heading from the track we thought that you had held it and would keep it on the black stuff, but a broken rear track rod explains it.

Not that we ever want to see damage to a car (and God forbid to a person) us marshals are always on hand to help you out. The main thing was that you were able to "walk" away - although we did wonder where you had got to.

I have only been involved in marshalling since March this year and I am finding that there is normally great appreciation from drivers to the marshals.

To echo The STIG; come and visit us at Pembrey, both myself, Ben (who also helped you out) and everyone else would love to see you there.