Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 19 Feb 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1845655)   #1
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Racing What in Ireland in '07

So, as the title says, who is racing what in Ireland this year?? I am leaning towards a few rounds of Global GTs and maybe an historic outing or two if I can find someone to bolt the A35 together. Might give rallycross a miss for a while, the neck is still a bit sore from yesterday!!
So anyone here out in Vee, FF1600, Supercars, Unos/Puntos, Abarths, Historics, Porsches, Globals, Strykers, Libres, Rovers, F5s??????
Old 20 Feb 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1846119)   #2
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As most people already know I'm back in Formula Vee this year. The car is as good as ready so I've just to organise a day to go pick it up!

Alot like Motormouth it will be selected rounds only but It'll still be great to get back racing!
Old 20 Feb 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1846430)   #3
mcullen
Rookie

Ireland
Carlow, Ireland
mcullen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm out in the historics this year in the Davrian saloon, I hope to do all the rounds if the car keeps going, also doing hillclimbs & just might try a rally later this year. These saloon/Gt long distance races also look interesting, I might give them aswell.
Maurice
Old 20 Feb 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1846815)   #4
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Be good to see the Imp out with he historics maurice, lovely car!! As for you, Mr Holywood, who has the car now? Any history on it??
Old 23 Feb 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1849797)   #5
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a '94 Sheane, the story goes that its spent most of its competetive life on the hills. A friend of mine found it in Monaghan where a rallyer had bought it, sat in it once, and decided to go back rallying! That was around three years ago. It sat in a garage in Monaghan until April of last year and then I bought it!

David Sheane is working away on it at the minute and by working away I mean major re-build, he's already replaced the front drums with discs, new master cylinders, brake lines, throttle cable, clutch cable, bearings, stripped the engine and gearbox. He also had to replace a bunch of side impact and roll over bars that the original owner had cut out of the car to lighten it! I dropped down to him 2 weeks ago and dropped off a new set of belts, extingusher and rain light and at that stage he had some work on the engine left to do and he was spraying the chasis.

I hope to pick it up in the next 2 weeks and get the bodywork sprayed etc. It'll probably be 2 or 3 rounds into the season before I race it because I'll want to do testing to run the new brakes and the engine in first. I'd say the 13th May round is most likley because I'm in Brands for the A1GP on the 28th April!
Old 23 Feb 2007, 13:28 (Ref:1849889)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood
I hope to pick it up in the next 2 weeks and get the bodywork sprayed etc.
Well you'll have to keep the major sponsor happy when it comes to graphics! Remind me to give you the new logo file next time I see you!
Old 23 Feb 2007, 14:15 (Ref:1849914)   #7
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Well you'll have to keep the major sponsor happy when it comes to graphics! Remind me to give you the new logo file next time I see you!
No problem! I'll drop over as soon as you have the cheque ready!
Old 23 Feb 2007, 14:22 (Ref:1849917)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood
No problem! I'll drop over as soon as you have the cheque ready!
I do believe that your website - http://www.hooray4hollywood.com/ is already up and running....... :P :P :P
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1850492)   #9
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Might even plug your sponsors in the commentary!!! When are you hoping to collect the car??
Old 24 Feb 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1850650)   #10
PAT MUSTARD
Rookie

PAT MUSTARD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I MIGHT COME OUT OF RETIREMENT IF I CAN GET CASH TOGETHER FOR A RACE OR TWO
Old 25 Feb 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1851304)   #11
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
I heard you were testing in Kirky a while ago Pat!!!
Old 1 Mar 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1854606)   #12
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'll probably give the 128 an airing in those long distance races. My fuel tank has got to be bigger than the Dav/Imp! Mind you its so bloody fast he'll have time to run out, refill and lap me again before the end! Anyone know how long the races are meant to be?
Old 1 Mar 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1854722)   #13
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
No idea, only heard about them recently. Must get into practise for them; if I have to commentate for long periods of time it might be hard on the voice. Maybe a beer or two would help. I'll discuss it with Matt
Are either of you two boys bringing the Imp or 128 out on the HRCA test Day on Sat?? I think they will allow the odd non historic out to make up the numbers; must go down for a look!
Old 2 Mar 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1855436)   #14
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant make it, gotta win my brownie points for later in the year!! Just found that I cant go to Brands in May cos of work too. Not impressed! My season is getting shorter and I havn't even damaged anything yet.
Maybe you could do some commentary from the hot seat in one of those long races Leo. I'm sure you'd fit into my car......Mind you, after seeing your 205.......
Old 3 Mar 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1855955)   #15
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well ill be doing the rallyx this year Still building the Polo and now i personally am building a Bora tdi trackday car.

Money is a bit tight this year, bit of money to be spent on the nova i think the gearbox is the next bit of the car that need attention when its sorted hopefully we wont have to be looking at shafts!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 3 Mar 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1856171)   #16
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Know the feeling! You out tomorrow, yeah?? Bout time someone built a diesel track day car over here 2! What's the Polo for, Juniors?
Old 5 Mar 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1858794)   #17
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
Might even plug your sponsors in the commentary!!! When are you hoping to collect the car??
I was down with David on Saturday. He's just finished with it so next chance I get I'll drop down and pick it up.

I'll run with David for the first few rounds to get set-up and that'll be me ready to go!
Old 6 Mar 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1860093)   #18
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
Know the feeling! You out tomorrow, yeah?? Bout time someone built a diesel track day car over here 2! What's the Polo for, Juniors?
Polo GT TDI S1900 for super mod; My sister is suppose to get out in a Lupo towards the start of next year.

Building diesel is surprisingly in-expensive...

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Mar 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1863535)   #19
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Interesting choice!! Be good to see how it goes? Is your sis joining the Juniors in the Lupo, yeah?
Old 12 Mar 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1865077)   #20
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Well, i have had a go in the Rally TDi golf and a Polish VW Golf Tourer TDi. Very quick!

She will be as soon as we start on the car !