Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 12 Dec 2004, 03:41 (Ref:1177384)   #1
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indy 500 advice please.

It looks like I might be in LA (from Australia) just before the 500 and I might be able to sneak in Saturday to Indianapolis and fly out Monday (I know, I wish I could do all week!). Cheap airfare seems no problem, any tips from the experts - best seats, where to stay, what to do ?

any help most appreciated
Old 12 Dec 2004, 03:55 (Ref:1177389)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Hello, Rick!

I know that a few of our members should be able to prove more-than helpful to you here.

I'm going to copy this thread into our "Trackside" forum, here's a link. Keep an eye on it, too.

In the meantime, the best advice I can give is to check out this website.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 06:10 (Ref:1177408)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah i posted a link in the trackside forum for you too look at Rick , have a read through that thread it may help you or Chat to our own Tim Northcut
Old 14 Dec 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1179447)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Rick!

I live in Indy and go to "The Race" every year....

That site is a good one, but it gives you "optimum" seat locations that are usually hard to get...

Some general rules of thumb to follow:

1. Buy only tickets that are "Double-Lettered" Rows if possible...The higher you sit, the better off you will be...you will see much more of the race itself.

2. I prefer Grandstand E in Turn One, and the Northwest Vista in TUrn Three...you see lots of passing in both places, plus the full straightaways and the short chutes...
My seats are in Turn Three...the best bang for the buck for an Indy Seat...and that grandstand holds almost 50,000 people....try to get section 34 or lower number if you can....they'll be just fine....

Do not buy a "Terrace" seat...they are on the inside of the track and usually do not give you a great view....also, I'm not thrilled with the short chutes

If you want to soak in the full effect of Indy on Race Day, the Paddock across from the pits shows you great action during stops, you see al of the pageantry, etc., but I think they are not so good for the overall action....

Send me a Private Message and let me know more about what you look for in a racing experience, and I can also let you know what to do, where to "try" to stay (hotels are expensive that weekend here!), and the "Best Ways" to Get in and Get out of the place on Race Day itself....a task indeed with 350,000 of your kindred spirits all going to one place for one reason...

Thanks, and I hope you do come to "The Racing Capital of the World"

One American Open Wheel Series!