Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Nov 2001, 17:50 (Ref:180268)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Superweekender

Anyone know how much the Brands superweekender will cost with BTCC, F3 and GT races?
Old 29 Nov 2001, 18:17 (Ref:180275)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know anything about this one Paul. When is it?
Old 29 Nov 2001, 18:30 (Ref:180281)   #3
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its on the 31st march and the 1st April Aysedasi.

PHIL
Old 29 Nov 2001, 18:34 (Ref:180284)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds good, thanks Phil. Maybe one for my diary, I think.
Old 29 Nov 2001, 18:45 (Ref:180289)   #5
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know the answer either I'm afriad, but the Octagon Motorsport season ticket offer in this week's Autosport looks like a good way to get in cheap.

Will they be doing tickets to watch the fight for pit garages too??
Old 29 Nov 2001, 19:13 (Ref:180294)   #6
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's obvious that as British F3 is the top series, they MUST have the garages.

It is actually impossible to get an F3 car from the outer paddock into the pis area at Brands along the access road.

I look forward to some world class whingeing from the btcc people!
Old 29 Nov 2001, 19:16 (Ref:180295)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
At least the fans will be able to get to the cars if they're in the outer paddock! Who cares about meeting the F3 guys ? As long as we can go and wind up the BTCC drivers and teams them that suits me!

And Michael's suggestion of taking up Octagon's offer of a season ticket is a good one... I have two for next year
Old 29 Nov 2001, 19:38 (Ref:180303)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Takuma
i think not, my friend!
Old 29 Nov 2001, 19:55 (Ref:180309)   #9
pb btcc
Veteran

my dad phoned Octagon but there said the phone lines will re open at 9am tomorrow ARSE. lets hope there will have some tickets when he trys tomorrow.
Old 29 Nov 2001, 20:41 (Ref:180333)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks. I might do that season ticket thing, I spent over 100 quid on tickets there last year so it may be worthwhile.
Old 30 Nov 2001, 10:35 (Ref:180481)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I would imagine the super tourers will get garages and then maybe the F3 guys will have to share garages? It would be difficult to get the F3 guys from the paddock to the pit lane without damaging their undertrays.

If your going in March/April make sure you take plenty of warm clothes, Brands on a windy Spring day can be murder. I know, I do it every year!

Stephen.
Old 30 Nov 2001, 18:23 (Ref:180628)   #12
pb btcc
Veteran

My Octagon season ticket is on its way and it was on the 2 for 1 offer EXCELLENT
Old 30 Nov 2001, 18:34 (Ref:180631)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Do you have any friends, or are you going to sell it ?
Old 30 Nov 2001, 18:58 (Ref:180643)   #14
pb btcc
Veteran

my dads having the other 1.
Old 30 Nov 2001, 19:06 (Ref:180648)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
nuff sed
Old 30 Nov 2001, 19:09 (Ref:180650)   #16
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Takuma
Quote:
Originally posted by bella

i think not, my friend!
bella's right. The British Touring Car Championship is clearly the most popular series. They will have the garages. I'm sure that F3 won't be very happy about this, but the majority of people go for Touring Cars, so they're the ones that will get the garages.
Old 30 Nov 2001, 20:03 (Ref:180662)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if they can put f3000 and f.renault cars in the yard without hurting the cars (except for the kids who keep stalling on their way to the track, hehehaha...), then i'm sure the precious f3 boys can take their cars down there. they managed nicely at the grand prix, didn't they?
Old 30 Nov 2001, 23:11 (Ref:180794)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Yes but there is a huge difference between Brands hatch and Silverstone and getting cars to the grid from the outer paddock!
Old 30 Nov 2001, 23:17 (Ref:180798)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
The GT's will have to do it and some of those are HUGE!!!
Old 1 Dec 2001, 00:51 (Ref:180825)   #20
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im gonna estimate a price of £20 - coz its always expensive! but they try to make it out to be cheap!
Old 1 Dec 2001, 12:40 (Ref:180889)   #21
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daft question I know. I'm sure I should know the answer to this, and I could find it out easily, but I can't be arsed, it's easier to just ask...

Are there going to be any of the usual TOCA support races at these superweekener thingies?
And presumably F.Renault are used to not getting garages, so how do they cope with getting around?
Old 1 Dec 2001, 12:43 (Ref:180890)   #22
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
£20!!
youll be lucky.
this is octagon isnt it??

try £50 or 60
Old 1 Dec 2001, 14:23 (Ref:180915)   #23
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelC
Daft question I know.
Are there going to be any of the usual TOCA support races at these superweekener thingies?
They are actually 3-day meeting so will be the normal TOCA supports plus GTs and F3, and maybe some of the GT/F3 supports as well.

Brands Hatch 30/31 March / 1 April
Silverstone 1/2/3 June
Donington 20/21/22 September

What isn't decided yet is what races will take place on what days. I suspect it will be mixed around rather than have say Sun as the normal F3/GT raceday and Mon as the Touring Car/TOCA day. Remmeber that the FTs and Touring Car both need to make pit-stops, although you don't necessarily need pit garages to do that.

BTW what happened to the F3s at Knockhill and Castle Coombe. Din't they have to cope without pit garages there as well.
Old 1 Dec 2001, 19:57 (Ref:181024)   #24
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spoke to Vic Lee today and he thought there was going to be a touring car village in the botton paddock at Brands! Whether this was just wishfull thinking on his part I don't know. It seems the garages are a pain - have to take the tractor unit off the trailers which means you can't power the tail gates (or leave early!) and there is not enough room.
Old 2 Dec 2001, 00:11 (Ref:181084)   #25
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 cars been run from team's awnings is NOT the problem, if fact with the small garages at some circuits it is possibly an advantage.

What is impossible is to drive an F3 car from the outer paddock at Brands Hatch into Pit Lane, due to the low ride height of F3 cars and the dreadfuly bumpy condition of the pit access road, Formula Renault cars have a higher ride height.

However I that due to commercial problems the "super weekends" may not take place.

Hopefully the touring cars communities ego's wont suffer too much from making way to a higher level, more professional series for one weekend!