Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 23 Jun 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1338593)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Woody's can of Whoopass

After flicking quickly past the predictable Autospurt furore over the US GP debacle, then the 150 page "oooh that Tom Christenson's a bit good the sportcar lark" review of Lemons. I noted one result in the club section with great interest and delight.

At first reading, I was a bit crestfallen to see Mr A Fleetwood had had a tough weekend. However he just about kept it on the island, brought it home and didn't come last, which was probably way more than I could hope to do, so was satisfied that on reflection it was a good start for the lad.

Then I noticed that young Woodpecker had actually opened a huge can of whoopass over a cirtain Mr Timothy Harvey. This in my book makes Adam god for the week.

I laughed like a drain
Old 23 Jun 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1338731)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nope, can't find it. Where am I looking for it?

Anyway, Adam had an interesting couple of days. Two spins at Knickerbrook on the second set of tyres spoilt his qualifying when he'd been running a solid P5 - pretty impressive since he'd seen niether car nor circuit before Friday and both are considered challenging to drive. He was then running very well right on the pace of the pack. Could probably have been further up if he'd ever had experience of trying to pass a car before. I note he says he had an error at the chicane, but I think that was a reference to quali as he had an off at Druids on the last lap, losing a place, but keeping it out of the wall.

Sunday was just unfair. Incredible rain assisting him into a huge spin over Clay Hill which we only saw the end of, after which they sensible threw the red flags.

Despite a few errors, I think it was a pretty impressive performance for a first go at cicuit racing and in a car completely unlike anything he's used to. If he managed to upset Mr harvey too, then even better! Well done, Adam.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1339328)   #3
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is stated elsewhere that Tim Harvey had electrical problems so didn't figure in the race, although he was listed as the final finisher in 7th. Good result for adam to be on a similar pace though even with a diminished field.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1339884)   #4
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Lets not get distracted from the essential detail here.

Tim Harvey came last, that makes me happy.