Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2001, 17:53 (Ref:94068)   #1
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If RB's ahead...

If RB is ahead of Michael at Monaco:
1. How many times will he have to be told to move over?
2. How much longer will his pit stop be than MS's?
3. How much longer does he have at Ferrari?
4. How much longer will his face be than MS's?
5. What is RB's theme song from the Beatles White album?

Last edited by slicktoast; 18 May 2001 at 18:00.
Old 18 May 2001, 18:09 (Ref:94070)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. How many times will he have to be told to move over? 1,415. Give or take.

2. How much longer will his pit stop be than MS's? Two weeks.

3. How much longer does he have at Ferrari? When will Toyota be on the grid, again?

4. How much longer will his face be than MS's? Given that chin, that would be a physical impossibility.

5. What is RB's theme song from the Beatles White album? I don't know this one, but I would suggest as an alternative "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister; or Johnny Paychek's "Take This Job and Shove It."

Thank you.
Old 19 May 2001, 01:48 (Ref:94179)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Thats a HUGE if

Quote:
Originally posted by slicktoast
If RB is ahead of Michael at Monaco:
This is a very big IF. With all this team orders cr*p, lets not forget that Rubino is slow, and only luck or misfortune on TGF's part will have this happen. Stop sooking Rubins and go back to the mid-field where you belong.
Old 19 May 2001, 02:17 (Ref:94182)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Get back. Was that on thwe White Album????

Personally I'd love to see RB really use the car instead of just sitting in it. He was using it in Austria. So I guess he'd not only have to be in front of just TGF but in front of everybody else as well. Otherwise he'll just have to move over anyway.
Old 19 May 2001, 03:24 (Ref:94194)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett

Personally I'd love to see RB really use the car instead of just sitting in it. He was using it in Austria. So I guess he'd not only have to be in front of just TGF but in front of everybody else as well. Otherwise he'll just have to move over anyway.
Peter, I saw on the news yesterday the floods in Siberia; are you OK?
Back to Rubens, no he isn't slow, and TGF admitted that in the post race conference that Rubens was in fact faster than TGF.
Let's be honest, DC had this race lined up by carrying extra fuel at the start, which made him slower than the Ferraris initially, but when the Ferraris went into the pits, DC put in some really fast laps before pitting himself (shades of Ross Brawn's pit stop strategy). This put David well into the lead ahead of the two Ferraris and he was never going to give this up.
Both Martin and Murray never seem to be able to figure out that a car on a two stop strategy is inherently faster than cars on a one stop strategy. It was obvious that Jos was two stopping, and the only cars left in the equation, once JPM had his off, were the two Ferraris and DC. The excuse that had Rubens been leading, the "move over" call would not have come is lame, simply because had Rubens been able to pass DC into the lead, his moving over would only have handed the lead back to DC.
Old 19 May 2001, 03:37 (Ref:94196)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Huh?

VB I replied to you but it appears to be lost in the ether.

Thanks for asking but the floods don't appear to be affecting my bit of Siberia. At the mo anyway.

RB needs to have at least one car between him and TGF before the team allows him to beat said driver.
Old 19 May 2001, 03:41 (Ref:94198)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
The excuse that had Rubens been leading, the "move over" call would not have come is lame, simply because had Rubens been able to pass DC into the lead, his moving over would only have handed the lead back to DC.
Yes VB, but thats the point is'nt it. If Rubins was a racer, or faster than TGF, he should have passed DC and won the bloody race. Then he would have been smiling from ear to ear in the press conference.

If Rubins & DC were in reverse positions, or Rubins & TGF for that matter, we would have seen a fight for 1st place. TGF and DC would have attempted to pass the leader.

Rubins failed himself. I feel sorry for him, really I do, he is now finding out that he's not the best driver in the world (as I'm sure all 22 of them believe), and it would be tough. But hey, he had a good ride while it lasted, and is obviously exceptionally talented, just not the BEST.
Old 19 May 2001, 03:51 (Ref:94201)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Huh?

VB I replied to you but it appears to be lost in the ether.

Thanks for asking but the floods don't appear to be affecting my bit of Siberia. At the mo anyway.

RB needs to have at least one car between him and TGF before the team allows him to beat said driver.
Good to know you are safe, Peter.
OK, I am still skeptical about this. Suppose Rubens was in the lead, and JPM was second (and with no hope of winning the WDC at that point of the season), and TGF was third and desperately needs points to overhaul DC who is fourth in that race and catching TGF fast; what would be going through John Toad's mind then?
Old 19 May 2001, 03:56 (Ref:94202)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sacre bleu, merde, mon dieu and other French sayings no doubt.

But I think you'd need the cooperation of JPM to allow TGF through and then RB could be asked to defer to his team mate.
Old 19 May 2001, 04:02 (Ref:94205)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Sacre bleu, merde, mon dieu and other French sayings no doubt.

But I think you'd need the cooperation of JPM to allow TGF through and then RB could be asked to defer to his team mate.
Sorry, wrong answer. Rubens would be told to let both JPM and TGF through, and then instructed to hold DC back.

I'm learning how to play chess. and this is called the Barichello sacrifice.
Old 19 May 2001, 07:25 (Ref:94222)   #11
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No, it wasn't.
Neither was "Drive my car".

I guess he means "Don't pass me by".
Unless it's Ruben's birthday...

Don K.
Old 20 May 2001, 11:44 (Ref:94449)   #12
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Don K
Congratulations you selected the correct song!