Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Sep 2007, 13:15 (Ref:2024391)   #1
steveng
Racer

England
Beverley East Yorkshire
steveng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With whom to race?

Suggestions please...
I have an ALfa Romeo GTV6 (first available on the market in 1981). It has been raced in Alfa Club races for many years. It is currently being returned to a more acceptable level of modification for Historic racing. I have decided that I have had enough of clubbies, I have a Formula Renault for those, I fancy using it for some nice European events. Spa, Nurburgring and the like. It is not welcome in Top Hat and too young for Swinging Sixties. What do you suggest? I have thought of Youngtimer and Future Classics.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 15:12 (Ref:2024458)   #2
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recommend Future Classics, great organising team, very friendly, I understand that in 2008 it will be for '70's & '80's cars only (best check on that) and from what I've heard may well be doing some Euro events next year.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 20:46 (Ref:2024667)   #3
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Moose man is spot on! The CSCC guys organise good races, value for money and good driving standards! Plus we are all a friendly bunch in the paddock. Seeing a GTV6 out with future classics would be great. Hope to see you out next year
Old 28 Sep 2007, 10:38 (Ref:2025015)   #4
steveng
Racer

England
Beverley East Yorkshire
Thanks Mr Vacant. Now I will have to fit a second floor in the truck so I can put the Formula Renault over the Alfa so I can do Formula Free as well as Future Classics. I like the idea of 70s and 80s only. Some of the more recent stuff is very rapid and might make the older cars look very slow.
Should be fun.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 11:22 (Ref:2025041)   #5
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveng
Thanks Mr Vacant. Now I will have to fit a second floor in the truck so I can put the Formula Renault over the Alfa so I can do Formula Free as well as Future Classics. I like the idea of 70s and 80s only. Some of the more recent stuff is very rapid and might make the older cars look very slow.
Should be fun.
You will be very welcome Steveng. We have just returned from the Nordschliefe and the race was fantastic - in fact awesome!

The ADAC want us back next year and we will take as many cars as we can! Also we look like having a Spa round in May as well as October - keep in touch!
Old 28 Sep 2007, 11:23 (Ref:2025042)   #6
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Hey Pretty Vacant - we missed you at 'Ring - make sure to come in 2008!
Old 28 Sep 2007, 16:19 (Ref:2025249)   #7
steveng
Racer

England
Beverley East Yorkshire
I was under the impression that 80s cars were not welcome on the recent 'Ring jaunt. Will Future Classics be invited next year?
It is exactly the kind of thing I want to do, I have done a lot of racing there but after two 24 races I think I would like to stick to daylight in future. Hans Stuck or Pedro Lamy up your chuff at 190mph on a wet, dark night is perhaps for younger men than me.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 16:34 (Ref:2025256)   #8
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Can't promise post-81 cars can go, but we will do our best!

Have a committee meeting Wed evening to discuss 2008 calendar.

Cheers,
Old 28 Sep 2007, 21:20 (Ref:2025390)   #9
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC meeting in conjunction with ADAC rocked! It would be fantastic to get future classics to the 'ring as part of a race package - now here's a radical thought - what's the chance of getting formula free there as well or have the open wheeler bunch withdrawn from the green hell?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 07:55 (Ref:2027607)   #10
steveng
Racer

England
Beverley East Yorkshire
Thanks Sarah, ADAC seem to run lots of 80s cars in their races. Many of those 'Carlos Fandango' wide-arched and winged 911s are 1980s, surely?
By allowing Future Classics into those foreign races I would hope that it would swell the grids and presumably provide more financial leverage in your negotiations.
I hope the committee make a favourable ruling.