Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Sep 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2289540)   #1
no fences
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
no fences should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason Bright to SBR???

There was a rumour going around at PI today that Jason Bright would be moving to SBR. Has anyone else heard anything that might confirm or deny this rumour?
Old 14 Sep 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2289546)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There has certainly been noise that Britek may become a major customer of SBR chassis and SBRE engines... not sure swapping the driver around would pay that kind of bill

Britek did well this weekend... looking to have genuine pace...if they had a hotshot in the 2nd seat... arguably they may have placed a little further forward..
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2289578)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
credit to Britek they had pace and surely SBR chassis would do wonders. i can't see Bright moving though, although you do have to pay the bills some how.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 03:06 (Ref:2290503)   #4
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think brighty happy to be driving his own car for a while longer.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 04:42 (Ref:2290543)   #5
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see him back at the Stones, but I think Will has that #4 seat.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 05:24 (Ref:2290551)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why cant #25 be an SBR-prepared car, as a 3rd SBR unit?
Old 15 Sep 2008, 07:25 (Ref:2290575)   #7
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where does that leave Marshall though?
Old 15 Sep 2008, 07:44 (Ref:2290591)   #8
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably more importantly... Where does that leave his Sponsor/Money??
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2290658)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The sponsor and 2008 car licence may just appear for the crew currenty looking after Jonathan Webb's development series car (and also last season cared for the ill-fated TKR venture) could get the wheels on the road.

Fujitsu is allegedly a contributor of around $2.5m per season (including allegedly a payment for a Fujitsu branded car in the development series...) on top of which would be the licence income and other sponsors such as CAT, Penrite, Coffey Ford and co.

The wondering may be whether these deals are contingent on continuing to be a part of the official Ford factory supported family..
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2290849)   #10
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Fujitsu is allegedly a contributor of around $2.5m per season (including allegedly a payment for a Fujitsu branded car in the development series...)
I highly doubt that they are putting $2.5 mil in Britek and the dev car..

If you said $2.5m for the Britek Sponsorship, the car in the DVS and the naming rights holder to the Development Series that would make it more believable..

I just find that a bit hard to believe....

Brighty to SBR?.. He's been there before so who knows..
Old 4 Nov 2008, 07:59 (Ref:2327617)   #11
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's real
From their press release...

"In a bold announcement Fujitsu Racing’s Jason Bright has revealed that he will be setting his sights on winning the 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Series behind the wheel of a Stone Brothers Racing (SBR) prepared Ford Falcon.

Bright’s #25 Fujitsu Racing entry and key staff from his Britek Motorsport operation will relocate to SBRs Queensland based facility, and equally as boldly, create a three-car “Superteam” to take on the likes of the Holden Racing Team, Triple Eight Race Engineering and Ford Performance Racing."

Kramer
Old 4 Nov 2008, 07:59 (Ref:2327618)   #12
Chelsea FC
Rookie

Chelsea FC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gloat, gloat gloat ... this site seems to be all about who said, I said, she said, I said, you said ... et al - and while everybody looks for a small win in a field of massively predictive losses they miss the critical point.

Britek is not a customer team, the SBR move is a joint venture and one that SBR want and need. Jim and Ross Stone rate Jason as the single best development and engineering driver they have ever had and right now that will be a very important comodoty with the new FG and E85 fuel coming on board.

SBR with Bright, Van Gis (how much better will he be with Bright's direction) and their new driver (V8 experience and a race winner in everything he has done, but not a regular driver) will all benefit from this.

Ford will be delighted that they now have a three-pronged attack to take on the (for sale) Prodrive owned FPR - who, if you look closely have not managed a Bathurst or championship win despite their bold predictions and PR spin. Frosty and Bright both in the top five in Bright's last year (2006) and this year no improvement.

Things are getting interesting.

And, there's more to come ... very soon in fact.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2327627)   #13
JustASupporter
Racer

JustASupporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea FC
and their new driver (V8 experience and a race winner in everything he has done, but not a regular driver)
And the winner is .......
Old 4 Nov 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2327631)   #14
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Owen?
Old 4 Nov 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2327642)   #15
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They couldn't lure Phil Keed up there to reunite with Brighty could they?
Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:39 (Ref:2327801)   #16
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With this deal done and dusted I guess Mr Bright will now how no excuses for poor performances. We will now see if the poor results where man or machine.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2328286)   #17
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jim and Ross Stone rate Jason as the single best development and engineering driver they have ever had and right now that will be a very important comodoty with the new FG and E85 fuel coming on board.

Geeeez, with some of the characters that have been through their stable, that's a BIG statement!

I've always had a little question mark in my mind over Bright's racing, but you can't argue with his results and he has always had a more cerebral approach to the business of motorsport than the average bear. I see him as very much like Skaife in that sense.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 00:43 (Ref:2328342)   #18
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could 1 of the stone's cars have the irwin sponsor as a part of the deal?.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 02:27 (Ref:2328369)   #19
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
Geeeez, with some of the characters that have been through their stable, that's a BIG statement!

I've always had a little question mark in my mind over Bright's racing, but you can't argue with his results and he has always had a more cerebral approach to the business of motorsport than the average bear. I see him as very much like Skaife in that sense.
He played a big part in the development of the HRT racers when he was there too! They were rocketships in the ch/ship that year even though Skaife won the title [again].
Old 5 Nov 2008, 02:40 (Ref:2328372)   #20
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
He played a big part in the development of the HRT racers when he was there too! They were rocketships in the ch/ship that year even though Skaife won the title [again].

I seem to recall him being hired by HRT after Skaife had made comments about having another top driver in the team. Maybe I've overestimated Skaife's contribution at the time?

The answer can probably be found in that they both had a big hand in it, thus the performance advantage, coupled with the fact that it was only really the Holden Teams (and SBR, to get back on topic) that had their acts together.

To divert again slightly, was it 2004 he was in the championship hunt until Rick Kelly took him out at Surfers?
Old 5 Nov 2008, 06:12 (Ref:2328416)   #21
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OT 2004. I know but worth a look here
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 5 Nov 2008, 06:36 (Ref:2328420)   #22
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a very long bow !!!

Quote:
Gloat, gloat gloat ... this site seems to be all about who said, I said, she said, I said, you said ...

SBR with Bright, Van Gis (how much better will he be with Bright's direction) and their new driver (V8 experience and a race winner in everything he has done, but not a regular driver) will all benefit from this.

Apology

Last edited by cavvy; 5 Nov 2008 at 06:38.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 06:37 (Ref:2328422)   #23
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a very long bow !!!

Quote:
Gloat, gloat gloat ... this site seems to be all about who said, I said, she said, I said, you said ...

Nothing rubbed off on the barge drivers from Brighty ... Gis should stick to his current path , onward & upward.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2328469)   #24
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe the problem was the barge itself, not the drivers......
Old 5 Nov 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2328568)   #25
JustASupporter
Racer

JustASupporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a heap of posts missing from this thread ?