Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Nov 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2330025)   #1
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry bags CAMS!!!

larry perkins just called CAMS incompentent over sending the safety car out............havent we know that for ages???????? i wonder if he will cop a fine?
Old 7 Nov 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2330055)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thast was just plain wrong what happened today with the safety car and then to make it worse with the penalty.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2330073)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was fuming at that incident and LP is 100% right but maybe he should of kept it to himself as i feel he will find himself handing over some loose change from the piggy bank.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2330079)   #4
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is an absolute (expletive deleted) joke. Stuff up the safety car deployment and then dish out a penalty because you sent the saftey car out at the wrong time. Isn't there a fine for bringing the sport into disrepute. It should be leveled at the officals. But as per usual Larry will cop a fine for telling the truth.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2330100)   #5
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know about you lot but did Larry have that "I'm getting out of this game soon, so I don't give a fig who I upset" sound in his voice??????
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Nov 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2330133)   #6
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
I don't know about you lot but did Larry have that "I'm getting out of this game soon, so I don't give a fig who I upset" sound in his voice??????
Thats what i read into it when he was on.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2330362)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Classic Larry Perkins, telling it how it is!!
Old 7 Nov 2008, 22:50 (Ref:2330364)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Mr Perkins was so adamant he was right, why not refuse to take the penalty and put a bomb (figuratively of course) under race control at the conclusion of the event?

That Mr T.Kelly almost wiped out the safety car may have influenced the decition to penalise...
Old 7 Nov 2008, 23:42 (Ref:2330397)   #9
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see what Larry's complaining about.

Kelly's move was the most blatant overtake of a safety car since Scott Goodyear's fumbled restart during the concluding stages of the 1995 Indy 500.

Sure the deployment of the safety car was late but you don't drive door handle to door handle with safety car.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2330400)   #10
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that saftey car incident was an embaressment (like my spelling) lucky there was nobody there to see it
Old 7 Nov 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2330401)   #11
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Even tho I am not a big Larry fan I reckon good on him for his serve,it is what is need in this class, everybody has being to scared to speak there mind against the pathetic CAMS/VE$A Stewards. Bar for Larry, Kim Jones and Garry Rodgers no will speak out.
Now some will disagree with me here, but there is nothing wrong in speaking up for you driver/team with some of the stupid choices the stewards have made over the last decdade.
Now if Larry gets fined or not I say good on you LP.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Nov 2008, 02:02 (Ref:2330457)   #12
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha, it was only a matter of time before Larry made his way on to the screen to stick it up 'em.

It will cost him but to cop a penalty from race controls **** up is wrong.

At no point would have Todd been expecting to be picked up by the SC, he wasn't leading the race! Confusion sets in, Todd makes a choice - just happened to ruin his race. Good on ya Larry, I thought you did will in restraining yourself
Old 8 Nov 2008, 02:39 (Ref:2330468)   #13
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you expect when the race directors only claim to fame was racing back in the days when the words 'safety car' didn't even exist and, even now, he only seems to recognise the word 'car'
Old 8 Nov 2008, 03:36 (Ref:2330484)   #14
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please excuse my ignorance in this. But I missed the race last night, as well as Larry's comments? What did he say and what exactly what happened?

Thanks.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 03:42 (Ref:2330485)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
have alook for yourself
Old 8 Nov 2008, 04:26 (Ref:2330496)   #16
skaife2
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
skaife2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whincup and lowndes went past safety car aswell, there penalty??i know they dident overtake like t.kelly.but no penalty my oppinion.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 04:31 (Ref:2330498)   #17
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Todd did pass the safety car, I thought it was dodgy when I saw it, the 888 cars were clear when the safety car came out.

However what Larry said was spot on, I reckon Mick Ronke and Bob Jane will have that taped and use it for on-hold music when you ring Winton or Calder -
Old 8 Nov 2008, 06:38 (Ref:2330505)   #18
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard it for the first time. Mr. Perkins, how true your statements are. This sport is a joke when you have situations like that.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 06:50 (Ref:2330507)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaife2
whincup and lowndes went past safety car aswell, there penalty??i know they dident overtake like t.kelly.but no penalty my oppinion.

while lowndes is touch and go, there is no way Whincup went past, the safety car was still in pit lane wehn he went past.

But the real question we should be asking was why was the safety car such a shimozzle why did it take so long to come out and why wasnt it out in time for the leader.
whatw e heard on the telecast suggested it was scrambled (maybe) (meaning it came out becuase there was a issue on the track that required to be field to be slowed quickly) but it clearly wasnt scrambled as it was for one car that had been there for minutes and it was in a sand trap.

Something went astray (maybe a language barrier) and we need to fix this
Old 8 Nov 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2330509)   #20
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Peckster it doen't have to be out for the leader:

Quote:
D 11.4 Deployment of SC During a Race

11.4.1 The SC will be deployed to neutralise a race upon the decision of the Race Director. It will normally be used if Competitors or officials are in immediate physical danger but the circumstances are not such to necessitate stopping the race.

11.4.2 When the order is given to deploy the SC during the race, all flag posts will display a waved yellow flag and a SC board which will be displayed until the intervention is over.

11.4.3 When notified of the SC intervention (by the flag signals and SC boards), all Cars will reduce speed and line up behind the SC maintaining the same speed as the SC. Overtaking of the SC is forbidden unless signalled to do so by the observer in the SC, at which time the Car may overtake the SC and continue at reduced speed until the Car reaches the line of Cars behind the SC. The SC will be used at least until the leader or other relevant Car is behind the SC.

11.4.4 During the race, the SC with its flashing lights on, will start from the Pit Lane and will join the race track regardless of where the race leader may be.

11.4.5 When ordered to do so by the Race Director, the observer in the SC will use a green light on the rear of the Car (or other signal) to signal individual Cars between it and the race leader (or other relevant Car; e.g. should the leader stop, the next Car in the line will take that position this Car may not necessarily be the second place Car) that it should pass, and such Cars will continue at reduced speed and without overtaking until they reach the line of Cars behind the SC.

11.4.6 The SC will be used at least until the race leader (or other relevant Car) is behind it and generally when all remaining Cars are lined up behind it.

11.4.7 All Cars must maintain the same speed as the SC whilst in convoy and the same speed as the Car in front. All Drivers must maintain a maximum distance of five (5) Car lengths from the Car in front. The Stewards may impose a penalty upon any Driver who is considered to have gained an unfair advantage (inadvertently or not) from a breach of this Rule; and should a Driver breach this Rule for the benefit of another, both may be penalised.

11.4.8 While the SC is in operation, Drivers may stop at their Pit Bay, but may only rejoin the Race Track when the Pit Lane exit is open. Pit Lane exit will be open at all times except when the SC and the line of Cars following it are about to pass, or are passing, the Pit Lane exit; and also after a restart. A Car rejoining the Race Track must proceed at reduced speed until it reaches the end of the line of Cars behind the SC.

11.4.9 Under certain circumstances, such as the pit straight being blocked by an incident, the Race Director may ask the SC to drive through the Pit Lane. In these cases, and provided it's orange lights remain illuminated, all Cars must follow it into the Pit Lane without overtaking. Any Car entering the Pit Lane under these circumstances may stop at its designated Pit Bay.

11.4.10 When the Safety Car boards / yellow flags are displayed and the Pit Lane Exit is open, the position of Cars exiting the Pit Lane relative to those on the Race Track will be determined by the order of the Cars as they cross the painted line that crosses the Race Track and the Pit Lane Exit.

11.4.11 When the SC Boards / yellow flags are displayed, Drivers intending to enter Pit Lane must maintain track position until they cross the painted line that crosses the Race Track at the Pit Lane Entry.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2330549)   #21
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
exactly Trev.....and kelly would have been told to go pass the Safety Car anyway so i dont see what all the fuss was about. Maybe the delay in sending the Safety Car out was if they were using a local yokel as the driver like they do at other racetracks he was probably out chatting to one of his mates behind it and ran to the wrong side to get in,them having left hand drive over there and the safety car being right hand drive
Old 8 Nov 2008, 09:52 (Ref:2330551)   #22
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Were the SC boards being shown when the T8 cars went past tho (more specifically whincup, lowndes would have clearly seen the SC, but i doubt whicup could have)
Old 8 Nov 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2330568)   #23
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Just had a look, and the SC call was given way before they were even on the back straight.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2330615)   #24
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY
Just had a look, and the SC call was given way before they were even on the back straight.
They may have known it was out but they probably didn't know where it was. Lowndes was level with the safety car as it came out of the pits but going about 150kph faster whereas Kelly swerved and accelerated around it.

Kelly was in the wrong but a bit of common sense by the officials would have been nice.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 00:40 (Ref:2330872)   #25
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Larry and some others have a forgetful memory, THe Marshalls and other officials do a great JOb, but one man makes a decision of the safety Car.

CAN YOU GUESS WHO THAT IS. TEFLON .........

Larry has just F***** in regards to all the hard working Cams Officials. As a Team Owner, Larry have a look in your backyard.

Welcome Larry, to the Club of V8 ego's who have offsided volunteer Marshalls.