Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Feb 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2387040)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Lola B09/00 2009 spec .

http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L...aLMP2_2009.jpg

I found this pic on Endurance-Info .

Its the new Lola B09 . I thought it might be an idea to have a dedicated thread as the discussion would get lost in the LMS thread .

The wing doesnt look as bad as I first thought , but it is still horrible .

Could this version be the KSM car with the single intake on the left rear ?
Old 3 Feb 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2387044)   #2
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm pretty sure it's generic for a turbo 4cyl car, so it could just as easily be any Mazda car - Dyson or RML for instance.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 00:55 (Ref:2387045)   #3
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dyson doesn't have the new wing...
Old 3 Feb 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2387050)   #4
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But you and I know they'll have the rest.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 01:26 (Ref:2387054)   #5
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dyson doesn't need the new wing as they're in P2 in the ALMS.

On a side note, remember when the GTPs first started? They all had wings shorter than the width of the car.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 01:41 (Ref:2387058)   #6
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
That's exactly why they'll have the rest. One '09 spec Lola and one '08 that has been mentioned many times as awaiting its ''09 updates. The aerodynamic benefits of the rest of the rear bodywork surely mean it will be included. Not sure I'm wild about the looks of it, but if it's faster...
Old 3 Feb 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2387064)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plus Dyson's 2nd chassis, the new non BK car, if in 09 spec will still be eligible for an auto-invite to Le Mans in 10'. Mazda and Dyson have said they would like to go. I think we will see both in 09' spec for Sebring. Also as cmk pointed out, it has been stated that the ex-BK chassis is awaiting 09 updates.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 3 Feb 2009 at 02:06.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2387065)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I'm pretty sure it's generic for a turbo 4cyl car, so it could just as easily be any Mazda car - Dyson or RML for instance.
Yeah , thats what I ment . Meaning it looks like a mazda version to me too .
Old 3 Feb 2009, 03:03 (Ref:2387075)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Plus Dyson's 2nd chassis, the new non BK car, if in 09 spec will still be eligible for an auto-invite to Le Mans in 10'. Mazda and Dyson have said they would like to go. I think we will see both in 09' spec for Sebring. Also as cmk pointed out, it has been stated that the ex-BK chassis is awaiting 09 updates.

L.P.
Cool, I hope they do end up with at least 1 09 spec chassis. If Dyson and Fernandez are the only P2 entries for alms this season, and only 1 car is in 09 spec, then auto entry for LM 2010 here they come!
Old 3 Feb 2009, 03:07 (Ref:2387076)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why the difference in the air inlets for this versus the over the windscreen intakes I've seen on other Lolas? Is there a P2 rule for the single intake, or is that a turbo requirement?
Old 3 Feb 2009, 03:11 (Ref:2387077)   #11
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turbo inlets are closer to the turbos...
Old 3 Feb 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2387081)   #12
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
Dyson doesn't have the new wing...
Although by the time Sebring comes around they will.

I think the Lola is so far the best looking narrow wing LMP.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 03:43 (Ref:2387085)   #13
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Although by the time Sebring comes around they will.

I think the Lola is so far the best looking narrow wing LMP.
The Zytek looks pretty nice too. As for Dyson, running the '09 updates (which I'm sure they will) with the '08 rear wing will upset the balance won't it?
Old 3 Feb 2009, 03:50 (Ref:2387086)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan
The Zytek looks pretty nice too. As for Dyson, running the '09 updates (which I'm sure they will) with the '08 rear wing will upset the balance won't it?
Huh? Why would you think 09 updates would not include a new rear wing? Only the cars in the ALMS can run with the old wing, so why would Lola create an aero update for 2 chassis? I'm pretty sure that all 09 updates will include a rear wing!

L.P.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 05:00 (Ref:2387103)   #15
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Huh? Why would you think 09 updates would not include a new rear wing? Only the cars in the ALMS can run with the old wing, so why would Lola create an aero update for 2 chassis? I'm pretty sure that all 09 updates will include a rear wing!

L.P.
I meant '08 spec wing, not the actual '08 wing, should have been clearer. But if the Dyson Mazdas with the '08 spec wing get the updates Lola WILL need to make 2 aero updates (1 for ALMS, 1 for Le Mans/LMS). The bodywork in the ALMS would need to be different as the larger rear wing will obviously have different aero effects than the narrower one for the LMS/Le Mans is what I was trying to say. Just like Peugeot with the 908 isn't just throwing a smaller rear wing on, they are re-doing the aero for the entire car as the balance will be different with less downforce at the rear.

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 3 Feb 2009 at 05:04.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2387107)   #16
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, let me try again. I do not think there will be an update in aero for the old style wing! All effort will be put forth on the new rules spec wing and the aero adjustment to optimize it. Once again it will only be for a single P-2 chassis (ex-BK) unless Dyson bought an 08 spec chassis, which I doubt.

L.P.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2387170)   #17
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder why Racing Box got B08/80 chassis then.. Cheaper?
Old 3 Feb 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2387319)   #18
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L...aLMP2_2009.jpg

I found this pic on Endurance-Info .

Its the new Lola B09 . I thought it might be an idea to have a dedicated thread as the discussion would get lost in the LMS thread .

The wing doesnt look as bad as I first thought , but it is still horrible .

Could this version be the KSM car with the single intake on the left rear ?
There's a rather significant difference in the rear end bodywork. I also understand the Lola has been struggling with cooling issues and that some of the updates will address that.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2387477)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
They could very well be B08/80 chassis but with the 09 spec aero package on them. They do not even have the cars yet I believe. One would think that if they were to 08 spec that they, Lola, would of had most all the ancillary parts in the bins already as spares. It all depends when they went into build I guess, or maybe it is when they were put on the books? I am not sure exactly when then next year model is designated, either built or bought or some fiscal break?

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 3 Feb 2009 at 14:49.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 16:35 (Ref:2387542)   #20
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They could very well be B08/80 chassis but with the 09 spec aero package on them. They do not even have the cars yet I believe. One would think that if they were to 08 spec that they, Lola, would of had most all the ancillary parts in the bins already as spares. It all depends when they went into build I guess, or maybe it is when they were put on the books? I am not sure exactly when then next year model is designated, either built or bought or some fiscal break?

L.P.
Are you trying to answer my question or make it even more confusing?
Old 4 Feb 2009, 05:26 (Ref:2387905)   #21
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.
I would think that they are 08 spec, I dont think Lola has the 09 serobits ready yet. However Dyson did test their 08 car with a new front.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2388232)   #22
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Probably just reflects when the tubs were laid down, rather than the actual bodywork that will be on them. Lola tubs tend to be upgraded aerodynamically during their lives without re-designation.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2388334)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

I wouldnt say there was much price differance between a B08 & a B09 .
Old 7 Feb 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2390506)   #24
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
As seen in these larger pictures posted by deggis in the LMS thread ,
http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L...LolaRML_01.jpg
http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L...LolaRML_02.jpg
http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L...LolaRML_03.jpg

It seem that the larger rear fender opening is completely screened already. I am guessing that it will recieve an eyebrow tail light assembly, ala the ARX-01's, to maximize pressure relief under the wing to maximize the downforce created by the smaller wing (?). According to Art. 8.3.2 b1 & b2 pg 13 the tail lights must be as wide as the rear track and as high up on the car as possible.

L.P.
Old 8 Feb 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2391191)   #25
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like theres a second, smaller intake below the main turbo intake on the RML car. That's a new development for 09 I think.