Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Aug 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2528169)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Help requested with translation of regularity rallying terms

Hello all,

Im currently translating into English the sporting and technical regulations for the 'Trofeo de España de Rallyes de Regularidad de VehĂ*culos Clásicos'. (I believe this is commonly found in English as the Spanish Trophy for Historic Regularity Rallies).

http://www.rfeda.es/docs/dpto_tecnico/regularidad.pdf

It is mainly sporting regulations. Firstly, I wish to clarify job titles.

Is Technical Delegate (Article 6.2) used to refer to the technical chief of the federation? Likewise, does the term 'Technical Chiefs' exist to refer to the 'Comisarios Tecnicos' found in the original text? ('Comisarios Deportivos' refers to 'sporting' stewards).

In 10.4, I've used the generic and more open 'official', as I was unsure whether this did regard stewards specifically, or any official on duty. Do you know to whom it would refer?
'Unless it has been authorised by an official in charge, any correction or change made to the time card will entail 10,000 penalty points'.

10.7.- Post Marshal- the best title?

17.2.3.- The car may only stop several metres beyond of the timing committee/desk, indicated by the ‘Stop” board’. The Spanish 'mesa' literally means a table, but would you refer to a timing committee?

Questions regarding regularity rallying terminilogy:

8.2- I have thus far used 'speed event' to refer to 'prueba de velocidad', which basically refers to an event at which the faster time in better, i.e. special-stage rallying. Is 'speed event' odd in English?

Article 15- can anyone please explain the exact role of gravel cars, chase cars, and the difference between support cars and assistance cars?

17.2.1- is 'starting cell' used?

Many thanks for any help you can offer, even just for any suggestions or knowledge you can impart.

Also posted in the Rallying & Rallycross forum.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 05:42 (Ref:2528319)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So that you don't need to reinvent the wheel suggest you call up the regs from Tour Auto,Tour Espana,Route des Alps which are all translated in several languages and then you can use the normal terms used within the Regularity World.