Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 21 Jul 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2929647)   #1
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Roy Winklemann

I today heard from Bob Winklemann that his brother Roy passed away peacefully last Saturday night, you can Google Roy's name to find out about his achievements as a racer and team owner, one of which was to discover Jochen Rindt.

Roy Winklemann 1930-2011
Old 22 Jul 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2929712)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you, Tim; a great contributor to the racing scene, with his Winklemann Racing Team, particularly in the 1960's in UK and Europe with his F2 team. Alan Rees also drove for him.

RIP, Roy
Old 30 Jul 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2933473)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
For anyone who is interested there are a couple of pages about Roy in a pdf copy of German GP issue 86. I'm not sure about the copyright for a direct link but if anyone wants to see it PM me and I'll email it to you. It's a fascinating read.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 30 Jul 2011 at 18:01.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2933567)   #4
vjay48
Racer

vjay48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I lived near burnham in my youth, Roy Winkleman built and owned Burnham Lanes 10 pin bowling alley,one of the first in the uk,Racing team was based in the basement below the lanes and ball/pin machines very noisy,he also opened a club in the building,great to drink after the pubs shut,dont forget drink driving had not been invented!!! Bob the barber had his saloon in the foyer and Frank Williams was about a mile away,what with .Lola etc this was a real motor racing hot spot. Many top names in grand prix passed through the Bowling Alley doors!!
Old 5 Aug 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2936328)   #5
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad, I remember his motor racing exploits so well.

This is a fascinating read of a remarkable man.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...ann-1930-2011/

RIP Roy