Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 31 Oct 2001, 23:46 (Ref:168165)   #1
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Lisa Davidson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport Awards

So who do the people out there think should win the Autosport British Club Driver of the Year Award?

I see the "recommendations" that they list in Autosport are absolutely laughable! and yet another poor excuse for the writers of Autosport not to have done any proper journalism this year again!

I mean, since when has the British GT Championship become a Club series!? And the same with PowerTour events such as the TVR's and Fiesta's (although perhaps they deserve to be in here considering the lack of finances the drivers are able to get their hands on) and also the Clio's? Surely these drivers should be voted in the National Racind Driver of the Year category and this section should be left to drivers racing in series like the Super Classic FF1600 series or the Kent County Formula Ford championship?

And what about the Formula Palmer Audi series too? These drivers have had it hard this year battling against not only themselves but those off track who mock, quite wrongly, the series claiming "it's nothing more than a Club Series now".

It just goes to show that Autosport get to this time of the year and put forward the categories for nomination and then forget that they have actually done no reporting of any significance on any proper Club series so to hide their own ignorance, they try to cover it up by putting down the names of those that don't have a place here.

And then when the people look down the list for ideas on who to vote for, they go "Oh yeah, I've heard of him. So I'll vote him" when of course they've heard of that driver as he's on TV and in the magazine every other week - driving in a National Series.
Old 1 Nov 2001, 12:18 (Ref:168304)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're right, I propose we all vote for Chris Yates
Old 1 Nov 2001, 12:25 (Ref:168306)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Me too, or Andy F...
Old 1 Nov 2001, 18:36 (Ref:168428)   #4
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Why thank you

Autosport probably haven't heard of Mighty Minis though - they have devoted probably 7 lines of write up to that series all year. Same for just about any other club series What a joke for a 'national' publication
Old 1 Nov 2001, 20:20 (Ref:168463)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Know what you mean Chris. That's why I stopped buying Autosport over a year ago, it was all F1 and no National series worth speaking of.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 00:03 (Ref:168559)   #6
Gideon
Rookie

Gideon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only buy it in the slim hope that after winning 3 races this year that I may get a photo of my car or even a decent quote that I can use in my racing profile. Fat chance eh! The only photo of my car I've seen this year was behind 2 others, even though I passed one of them by the end of the race so it wrongly pictured the finishing order. But I did get 3 pictures in the Formula Palmer Audi advert in the centre pages last week! Oh I did get one quarter page black and white photo in Motoring News where you can't see any of my sponsors! Yippee!!.....

VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!

www.gideoncresswell.com
Old 2 Nov 2001, 08:38 (Ref:168625)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Nice one Gideon and welcome to Ten-tenths. Did I detect the picture as the pack going through Paddock Hill bend at Brands?

Good luck for next year, what do you have planned?

Stephen.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 08:41 (Ref:168627)   #8
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Me too, or Andy F...
Hmm, Stephen, you seem a little confused!! I am no racing driver (unfortunately). Hopefully some time in the future, but am only a journalist at present!
Anyhow, I mirror your thoughts of Chris Y...

Andrew
Old 2 Nov 2001, 10:11 (Ref:168646)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Ahhh, sorry mate, cock up on the memory front! Something to do with old age probably hahaha
Old 2 Nov 2001, 11:05 (Ref:168676)   #10
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ahhh, sorry mate, cock up on the memory front! Something to do with old age probably hahaha
Surely Not!!
Old 2 Nov 2001, 13:02 (Ref:168729)   #11
Gideon
Rookie

Quote:
Nice one Gideon and welcome to Ten-tenths. Did I detect the picture as the pack going through Paddock Hill bend at Brands?

Good luck for next year, what do you have planned?
I'm the second car in that pack going round Druids in the FPA advert - the one in front of me I passed by the end of the race. (Stunning move around the outside of Paddock! Ha!)

I'm also the driver on the top step of the podium getting coated in champagne and also my car is the second one down on the right hand side - the blue & white QuickAddress car.

As for next year - usual story, looking for money... Hoping to continue sponsorship with my current sponsor but now that I've joined the list of Britain's unemployed, I wouldn't be able to afford any damage if I had an accident...

If anyone needs a test driver for their car, please contact me........
Old 2 Nov 2001, 13:43 (Ref:168750)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I hear that repairs to Mr Palmer's cars are not cheap either!

Do you remember the guy who did the 'one off' race at Brands a few months ago? It was his first and only race. He popped in to see me on the Saturday at Surtees and then the wrecker guys stuck the jib through the top of his engine cover. The poor lad nearly went through the roof thinking of the bill! On the Sunday he finished the race and got a rousing cheer from all us marshals on his slowing down lap.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 14:03 (Ref:168762)   #13
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Lisa Davidson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know I'm voting for your anyway Gideon!

Last edited by Lisa Davidson; 2 Nov 2001 at 14:05.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 14:09 (Ref:168767)   #14
Gideon
Rookie

Ony cos I made you Lisa!

Anyway, Stephen, was that the black car at Brands of Chris Tebbutt? There were a few new cars doing their first races at Brands. Poor bloke!
Old 2 Nov 2001, 14:30 (Ref:168777)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes that was him, he didn't make a fool of himself either on the Sunday and I think he earned quite a bit of respect. Ha actually came round to see me on the Sunday after the race to say thanks. Thought he was a really nice guy.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 17:27 (Ref:168884)   #16
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we're talking about marshalls...

*big* thumbs up to the UK flaggers. You guys amazed me. I thought the top line US corner workers were something, but you guys are in another league. I lost one of the FPA cars pre-apex in Coram at Snetterton and some of your guys were literally at the impact point before I was finished breaking the car.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 19:16 (Ref:168923)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
They must have been having a good day hahaha. I'll probably be at Druids at Brands this weekend so see you there if anyone's going from here.