Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Feb 2002, 20:33 (Ref:209167)   #1
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michelin Porsche Cup news

This Just In............

Michelin Porsche Cup news

2nd February 2002

Rice bids for title with Parr Motorsport

Nigel Rice is launching an all-out bid for the Michelin Porsche Cup after signing with Parr Motorsport for the 2002 season. Rice will race a brand new Porsche GT3 Cup car as part of a multi-car line up for the team headed by experienced Porsche preparer Paul Robe.

Before Christmas, Rice underwent further surgery on his knee, which was injured in a shunt at Donington in October 2000. The surgery has been aimed at straightening and strengthening his leg.

"They've sawn through the bone and I've now got three hoops round my leg. I've had to adjust the thing three times a day," reports Rice, who intends to start physiotherapy in early March. "The leg injury regularly cost me time last year, but it should be sorted for the start of the season this time," he adds.

Having sold his existing GT3 Cup car to a newcomer to the championship, Rice's 2002-specification car will be entrusted to Parr Motorsport. "I want a serious crack at the title. It should be a very good season with big grids and lots of close racing," he says.

The team is also eager to help Rice challenge for the title. "We're very upbeat about having Nigel on board," says Robe. "We know he's got the pace and he certainly has championship winning potential."

-ends-