Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 Apr 2002, 15:38 (Ref:264899)   #1
Christian S
Rookie

Christian S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photo of Rodriguez in Mullers Ferrari 512 M Norisring 1971

Hi everybody

I have been looking for a photo of Herbert Muller’s Ferrari 512M #1008 and Pedro Rodriguez (before the accident) at the 200 Meilen von Nürnberg, Norisring back in 1971. Can somebody help me out here.

Christian
Old 19 Apr 2002, 18:41 (Ref:265032)   #2
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting question. I looked for details about Rodriguez's - one of my all time heroes - last race for years... Try to get in contact with Juan Gebhard, who runs a very good site about the Porsche 917. There is a small bio and a description (*) of Rodrigues accident in one of the pages.

(*) this description does NOT go in line with what I read in other fonts though. It says that Rodriguez's Ferrari 512 lost a wheel, and that that would have triggered the crash. I read elsewhere ("Grand Prix Requiem" book, if I am not mistaken) that Rodriguez would have tried to overtake a backmarker, and then the drivers misdjudged each other.

The address of Gerbhard's site is http://www.porsche917.com.ar

Good luck,

Muzza
Old 19 Apr 2002, 19:19 (Ref:265056)   #3
Christian S
Rookie

Hi Muzza

The story with the slowe car don't hold I have ben looking into the matter for quit some time, Among the things I have done is to requerer an article from Nürnberger Nactrichten and here it is the Quote from Fritz Hössinger a trackside marshal

Quote from Fritz Hössinger (Trackside marshal) “I stood direct behind the bridge wall then the red Ferrari came up towards us. Suddenly just before the bridge the right front wheel locked up and the car turned to the right where it hit the guardrail and the front wheel was thorn off. From there the Ferrari was throw back on the track but it turn to the right once more where it hit the edge of the bridge wall. After that the car was throw across the track spinning around itself once before coming to rest at the trackside”.

It must it, But my German is not perfect.

The address of Gerbhard's site is http://www.porsche917.com.ar

His web side is very good, but my spanish is not that good.

But anyway thank you for your respond, please return with any kind of respond you may have.

Christian
Old 19 Apr 2002, 20:02 (Ref:265079)   #4
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Christian,

Thanks for sharing this valuable piece of information. I have never had access to anything like that. Hopefully other Ten Tenths members will jump into this conversation and bring some more elements.

Please clarify one thing: I have a book home (I'm not in California presently) that pinpoints Rodriguez's crash to the first leg of that double-90o turn (the "Esse" or "S-Kurven") beside the Steintribune. Is that correct?

I speak Spanish, and later I will post here a translation of an extract of Juan Gebhardt's website.

Regards,

Muzza
Old 20 Apr 2002, 09:23 (Ref:265531)   #5
Christian S
Rookie

Hi Muzza

It not quit right but it come close. Yet he never reach the 90° right-hander. Rodriguez was coming from the U turn and was just coming though a "soft" left hander then he the right wheel collapsed. The double 90° comes after the bridge where the accident happened. You can see a god map at http://www.norisring.de/ the bridge is not mention but you can clearly se the road going under the circuit just before the double 90° I hope this will help. Otherwise please let me know.

Christian