Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 May 2002, 12:33 (Ref:282519)   #1
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying question

The better teams seem to always have their drivers close together, barring disaster. Then there are teams like Toyota, Jordan and BAR. Somehow there is always one driver on these teams that seem to be able to put the car mid pack whilst the others languish. I am starting to feel this is not a driver as much as a team problem. If OP can put his car in the top ten then why couldnt the "team leader" JV? I would think there would be more info shared between the two drivers on a struggling team.
Old 11 May 2002, 12:36 (Ref:282531)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year JV and Panis were one of the closest driver pairings in the field.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 11 May 2002, 12:45 (Ref:282552)   #3
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My view is that if the teams drivers have put their cars close together then they have performed to the best of the cars ability. If the drivers of a team are seperated one of them have had probs or one is a better driver.

eg.. Minardi - Webber has outqualified yoong in every race by a long margin, So I assume that webber is a very good driver or yoong is a poor driver(I like to assume that Webber is a very good driver) but with Williams their driver always qualify together showing that they are both very close in their abilities,

Also one must look at the track, at San Marino the driver matters little and there for you get the Noahs arc effect on the grid and in the race likewise at Spain (this is where all the teams test) so you also get the noahs arc effect as again the cars are nearly perfect and the drivers matter little.

Just my view and I may be wrong
Old 11 May 2002, 12:55 (Ref:282570)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the other hand, it could just be a very bad car, like BAR last year, especially towards the end of the season the car was so inconsistent that you'd go out to do a couple of laps, and then do it again with all the same characteristics and you'd get a very different time.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 11 May 2002, 13:16 (Ref:282584)   #5
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are way to many variables aren't there and then every driver says "I could have done a better time if, I did not have understear, Did not have traffic, Got paid better, Etc.....
Old 11 May 2002, 13:55 (Ref:282608)   #6
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most drivers share information freely with each other. BAR has always stated that JV and OP are very open with one another.

Villeneuve's performance this weekend in comparison to Panis has been appalling. Jacques needs to get his head straight and get on with it. I like Oliver but there is no way he should be ahead of Villeneuve by such a margin.