Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 Nov 2002, 23:54 (Ref:425346)   #1
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL dll files

i've recently brought a new computer, and was obviously lookbf forward to playing GPL n a high-spec machine. However, when I installed it it said that it couldnt find a dll file wininet i think it was called. Now the game doesn't load after the initial "logo" screen. Does anybody no what the problem could be? Is it just that my CD is faulty?

Thank you.
Old 10 Nov 2002, 00:58 (Ref:425407)   #2
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh god I never understand these stupid things. Bring us the geeks!!
Old 10 Nov 2002, 11:47 (Ref:425659)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had that too when I installed the game on my new high-spec machine.

I can't remember how I fixed it, but it was quite easy. Let me have a trawl around and get back to you - unless someone beats me to it!
Old 10 Nov 2002, 11:49 (Ref:425661)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Firstly, you can get the mising file from here:-

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl....shtml?wininet
Old 10 Nov 2002, 11:56 (Ref:425665)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This may be a better explanation I found on another site:-

****** is an internet-aware program and depends upon the existence of necessary operation system files. If you are missing this file (i.e. wininet), install a recent version of Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator, then ****** should work.

The asterisks are in relation to another "internet-aware" game. Of course, GPL is an "internet-aware" game (I like the description!), so installing or re-installing IE or Netscape may solve the problem.

Alternatively #1, you can download wininet.dll.

Alternatively #2, any one of us can probably e-mail you the file, as it sits in the Windows System folder.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Nov 2002 at 11:57.
Old 10 Nov 2002, 22:19 (Ref:425956)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A programme for GPL that's ALSO a rude word!!! Ohhh RAPTURE!!!
Old 10 Nov 2002, 23:41 (Ref:426024)   #7
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
Thanks a lot guys, I think I'll download it from the link Aysedasi gave me.
Old 10 Nov 2002, 23:46 (Ref:426029)   #8
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
Also, Aysedasi you've inspired me to add my GPLranks to my signature, so here they are...
Old 11 Nov 2002, 00:56 (Ref:426056)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im sure everyone here knows www.racesimcentral.com?
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:43 (Ref:426388)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by ozywoodwards
Also, Aysedasi you've inspired me to add my GPLranks to my signature, so here they are...

You only did that to make me realise how slow I am - didn't you?!!

Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:44 (Ref:426389)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
im sure everyone here knows www.racesimcentral.com?
The forum there is an essential daily visit as far as I'm concerned.