Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2002, 20:53 (Ref:454490)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Jaguar e-launch

Reading on Ceefax that Jaguar have dispensed with the nig formal launch, viewing it as inappropiate given that they've laid off something like 70 workers.

As a result, according to Nav Sidhu [spelling?], it'll be launched on the 21'st January - on the internet!!!

Wonder if that means we can gate crash it?

Last edited by Asp; 20 Dec 2002 at 20:54.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 01:23 (Ref:454636)   #2
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
translation: We wont have the car finished in time for the launch, so we are gonna put a fake one there and broadcast it on the web so nobody can tell
Old 21 Dec 2002, 02:34 (Ref:454666)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well seeing as they are shaking down the car that day, I don't think so.

A very smart move IMO. Firstly, if I were laid off and then had to watch the champaign flow that would annoy me. Also, they are doing the smart thing - put the money into the car.

It would appear to me Jaguar are actually getting serious.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 04:45 (Ref:454705)   #4
Cpt. Moose
Rookie

Cpt. Moose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, if the money for the launch is going into the car, thats a good thing!! I'd love to see Jaguar pull a rabbit out of its hat and have a top-flight car next year amidst all these "jaguar's going down...man the lifeboats" stories. Will it happen? I'll tell you next May
Old 21 Dec 2002, 04:49 (Ref:454708)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Welcome to Tem-Tenths Cpt. Moose

Yes, the 'sky is falling' stories are getting a bit much are'nt they. Constructive critisism is fine, but a positive outlook does'nt hurt either.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 05:31 (Ref:454717)   #6
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And they got rid of Lauda. He must have been drawing some HUGE sum, for what? Team direction? Ehh... I'm not super sure what direction Jaguar's HAD. I dunno who they're gonna get to replace him but hopefully someone focused.

Yeah, if Jaguar wants to succeed now, they're gonna have to get super vicious real quick and this bodes well.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 13:38 (Ref:454869)   #7
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
plus if you think about the Irvine and Dela Rosa money, compared to the Webber Pizzonia money....well!

(that will almost make up for the money Antonio will spend on crashing the car)
Old 21 Dec 2002, 15:07 (Ref:454904)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I notice the 'almost' there twig.

The only problem is - what if the car is more dog than cat, again?!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 21:30 (Ref:455048)   #9
Cpt. Moose
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome

If the car's more dog than cat, I have only one recomendation. Take the entire Ford Focus WRC team and promote them up to Jaguar. They've kept a car that should be too heavy to be competetive in the champ hunt, and they're a real force. And put Sir Jackie back in the mix as an adivsor or PR guy. He's just got something about him which can push a team.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 04:42 (Ref:455269)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
I would love to see Sir Jackie back in charge, but I imagine his response would be similar to an invitation from Jauguar to Michael Schumacher. I can see whats in it for you, but why the hell would I want to do it?

PS Happy Birthday Cpt
Old 22 Dec 2002, 05:45 (Ref:455287)   #11
Cpt. Moose
Rookie

Btw: today, the 22nd, is also my real world Bday. Thanks all.

I disagree the Sir Jackie would turn down a spot in the team. he didn't want to leave in the first place, and he hovers around the Jag pits on a regular basis. I think he'd welcome a chance to be back in some official capacity.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 14:18 (Ref:455498)   #12
MrPress
Rookie

MrPress should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is more media spin, they probably had all their big wigs in a room for hours saying things like "We've got to send a signal that we mean business this year"

"Yets get back to basics yeah!"

etc..

When they should have been trying to make the car faster. Maybe I'm just cynical.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 21:39 (Ref:455732)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And I thought this thread was about Geneva, 16th March 1961...
Old 21 Jan 2003, 20:48 (Ref:481568)   #14
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Part 2

I'm not posting this in the actual launch thread, because this is more about the style of launch.
The website has been revealed and launched, being:
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/jaguarlaunch
There's a piece by Jackie Stewart, the unveiling itself, and testing; plus press releases etc. Quite impressive for a new idea!