Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Mar 2003, 00:54 (Ref:548213)   #1
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Final BTCC signings

The Media Day will be an opportunity for Drivers and Teams that have not announced their 2003 plans to do so. Any guesses as to what they may be?

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 26 Mar 2003, 07:55 (Ref:548380)   #2
maplex
Rookie

maplex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could we see the return of Joanna Clarke?

from the Joanna Clarke web site:

With the 2003 season approaching Joanna Clarke is in discussions with potential sponsors to help fund what she believes will be her best year ever.

She said: "I've had a season away from competition and am feeling really strong. I've been working hard on my fitness and focusing all my efforts on next year and my sights are set on bettering the achievements of 2001 in the British Touring Car Championship.

"I've not got a drive yet but negotiations with sponsors are going well, however I'm yet to secure a major deal with the kind of company I'd be really enthusiastic about lending my name to."

With preparations going well and support growing, 2003 looks like it could be the promising season Joanna is hoping for.

Talk of her return is already stirring some excitement in the pits and a number of teams a rumoured to be following her form.

"I am exploring a number of avenues," she said. "But the most likely option at the moment is to find a suitable sponsor who I can work with and who will get the full benefit from becoming involved with the team."
Old 26 Mar 2003, 16:59 (Ref:548910)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could all just be talk though. Nothing much there indicates what she'd be driving etc...

I don't expect there'll be many suprises, but I think VLR will finally let us know what's going on.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 17:25 (Ref:548937)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year the Media Day saw no new announcements, the only taljking points were the people who didn't show, and then didn't compete. Sadly I think the cars announced so far represent all we'll get, but I hope I'm wrong.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 21:38 (Ref:549286)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
VLR / Team Halfords sprung a suprise last year at the media day, from what I knew I was never expecting that.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 21:40 (Ref:549290)   #6
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to let u know, Annie Templeton is reportedly driving a viper in the British GT championships this year so that rules her out of anything.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 21:49 (Ref:549302)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
No, Annie is rumoured to be under consideration for the Viper drive. Slight difference there.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 21:51 (Ref:549307)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Step up from a Pug anyway...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 21:57 (Ref:549310)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
No, Annie is rumoured to be under consideration for the Viper drive. Slight difference there.
That news has been confirmed today.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 22:32 (Ref:549346)   #10
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well hey! Good for her! From a humble 306 to a Viper....not bad!
Old 27 Mar 2003, 09:15 (Ref:549717)   #11
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joanna Clarke

Joanna Clarke may be driving eh? That would give snetmarshal something to smile about Perhaps we shall go in search of once more......
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:49 (Ref:549881)   #12
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Without wishing to be too much of a jobes comforter, I'll be surprised too see all the cars we currently know of, on the grid in Mondello, let alone more on top of this.

In motorsport news it said that GA Motorsport (for example) 'hope' to announce their BTC drivers next week, which is hardly encouraging when the race is only a week down the line.....
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:55 (Ref:549889)   #13
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Without wishing to be too much of a jobes comforter, I'll be surprised too see all the cars we currently know of, on the grid in Mondello, let alone more on top of this.

In motorsport news it said that GA Motorsport (for example) 'hope' to announce their BTC drivers next week, which is hardly encouraging when the race is only a week down the line.....
I agree, and even if they do make it, can't see them doing the full season.