Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Mar 2003, 10:18 (Ref:525435)   #1
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clucas leaves Mygale

Seems that Ben Clucas has left the works Mygale Formula Ford team due to "financial problems".

Will have the full story up on site later but it's a huge blow to the series. The new works Mygale team is now on the brink of folding as it has two cars sat in the workshop but no drivers.

Doesn' make sense to me really as Clucas is stating that he still hopes to land a seat in single seaters perhaps in Renault or F3 Scholarship. Won't these two formula's be more expensive than FFord though? and considering he says he's quit Mygale due to "Financial problems" hows he planning on raising a budget and if he does why doesn't he stick in Ford? Wouldn't like to be controversial but could the real reason be he's running from the competition? He was facing risking a lot this year by sticking in Ford after his successes last season and so if he had failed and with the competition so strong this year it was a real possibility his reputation could be on the line. Especially considering the new Mygale isn't proven against the Van Diemen's.

As I say real blow for the series though as it seems it's going to be near enough a one make formula again in the top class. Hope Mygale can find a couple of decent drivers but off the top of my head this late in the day I can't think of any top line single seater racers looking for race seats.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 10:45 (Ref:525462)   #2
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Clucas leaves Mygale

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
Seems that Ben Clucas has left the works Mygale Formula Ford team due to "financial problems".

Gaz dont read to much into this. I think this was the diplomatic way of saying that he didnt like the terms of the drive, but I am sure John Clucas will correct me if I am wrong.

Ben will no doubt be racing this year and will be competitive in whatever formula / car he decides to drive.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 16:08 (Ref:525775)   #3
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've known and watched Ben, and competed against him in karts, for years. Whilst I couldn't categorically say he's the best, I haven't seen any better, all round. The last thing I could imagine would be Ben Clucas 'running from competition'!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:14 (Ref:526125)   #4
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
From what I've read he says he's pretty gutted about loosing the Mygale seat so not so sure he's just being polite.

No doubts I think he's a fantastic driver but in answer to the last post he has got a lot to lose in 03 if he raced with Mygale. A very talented grid of drivers this year and racing a new car against the well established Van Diemen's if he didn't win the title as expected all the hard work done last year on building up his reputation would go to waste i.e Steven Kane in Renault last year, although I believe Clucas to be much better than Kane.

Just it didn't make sense to me that he says he has financial troubles and then in the next breath that he's looking at possibilities in F3 and Renault where budgets are much higher
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:41 (Ref:526142)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
steven kane is pretty good. whether ben is faster or not i don't know.

if mygale were to be left without drivers i think it'd be a good time to start panicking about the cost of the series. i can think of a good few ford drivers from last year who simply can't find the funds to race this year talent or no talent.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 00:06 (Ref:526162)   #6
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Name names Bella! I've got a blank as to any drivers still looking for drives. Certainly Mygale will want a top line driver to lead their attack otherwise they won't bother. They want to return at the very top after last year so any old driver won't do which is why Clucas was signed up in the first place.

I agree Steven Kane is good and his Scholarship pace so far in F3 testing has proved that, it's just I think Ben has that little bit more proved by his display at the Festival. Suppose we won't know unless Ben signs up for Scholarship though. I suspect there will be several top line teams in all three major categories battling for his signature in the next couple of weeks.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 00:14 (Ref:526171)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think ben's had a chance to prove himself and he's done so. unfortunately for steven he got in the way of himself when he had a chance to prove he was any good. let's just hope he's learnt his lesson.

gaz - i believe darwin smith is still without a drive and without any funding to get one. that's one 'big' name to start it off.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 04:49 (Ref:526292)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mygale driver too
Old 6 Mar 2003, 08:35 (Ref:526389)   #9
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Ah, Darwin! Forgot about him! Yeah he's certainly the type of driver Mygale will be after. Wesley Godwin came to mind last night after I posted as well. All gone quiet with him since he ran in the Renault Winter Series and after he ran strongly with Jamun last year he could be another.

It will be a real shame if Mygale don't make the grid with some decent drivers. My worry is if they get any driver in now theyre going to struggle because Van Diemen have been up and testing for a while now whilst Mygale have yet to even have a UK shakedown of their new motor.

Lets hope it sorts itself out anyway
Old 6 Mar 2003, 08:52 (Ref:526399)   #10
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wesley Godwin has got his eye on a Renault drive for this year. I think another year in FF would be better for him though.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 10:10 (Ref:526439)   #11
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben Clucas is also a finalist in the Tim Sugden Clio Scholoship
Old 7 Mar 2003, 09:43 (Ref:527520)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the Mygale drive looked a good drive for Ben , Its getting a bit late to start looking for a good seat surley.