Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Dec 2002, 23:10 (Ref:440790)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Model MG's

Can anyone tell me if any model car makes have built models of either the MG EX257 (Le Mans) or MG ZS (BTCC) cars, as I am trying to track one down for a christmas present and I have searched the net and I can not find a thing.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 00:34 (Ref:440826)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.sparkmodels.com/en-us/dept_33.html
Old 2 Dec 2002, 10:40 (Ref:441009)   #3
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are no MG ZS cars in the pipeline, mainly because the cars are only used in this format in this country. ETCC cars are more likely because the Super 2000 rules are being adpoted by more countries. Having said that, the DTM is only a single country format too, but there you go!
Old 12 Jan 2003, 13:13 (Ref:472035)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was told yesterday at the Autosport show that the 2002 cars should be in the country at the end of the month - so do not hang around they are going to go very quickly.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 23:44 (Ref:493328)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The modals of last years MG EX257 are now in the country and are on sale on the Trax website , its kust a shame I can not afford £60 so I can buy them

Last edited by rdjones; 1 Feb 2003 at 23:44.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 14:52 (Ref:493807)   #6
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could always buy the Scalextric version.

Only £26.99.

Old 14 Feb 2003, 19:46 (Ref:506826)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
and have now seen them both and I can just not afford them at the momment..........
Old 16 Feb 2003, 02:13 (Ref:508255)   #8
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
There are no MG ZS cars in the pipeline, mainly because the cars are only used in this format in this country. ETCC cars are more likely because the Super 2000 rules are being adpoted by more countries. Having said that, the DTM is only a single country format too, but there you go!
Not quite true. Apparantly Hot Wheels will be making the MG ZS EX259/260 models.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 17:10 (Ref:508645)   #9
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CC have u got a link with some piccys or anything?

cheers
Old 17 Feb 2003, 12:49 (Ref:509440)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I picked up one of each of the 2001 LM MGs at Le Mans last year. Cost me an arm and a leg. They were pretty good but I can't remember who they were made by. (Not for me, pressies for my two lads).
Old 17 Feb 2003, 18:53 (Ref:509780)   #11
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody know if they will do any large scale versions ie 1:18. Ive seen the smaller 1:43 ones but at 20 quid each cant justify it, for their size.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 20:26 (Ref:510895)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well it is pay day next week so I am stright down the model shop to get mind, 1:43 is fine by me, not heard anything about 1:18 versions.......
Old 19 Feb 2003, 08:26 (Ref:511362)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1:18 is too big for me - the 1:43s take up so much less space

I did buy my oldest lad a couple of gorgeous 1:43 models at Le Mans back in the late 80's. A Jagermeister Porsche 956 and the 4WD Porsche which ran in 1986 and 1987. I think they have long since been lost to the mists of time......
Old 7 Jun 2003, 21:48 (Ref:624102)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Finally got one - got the number 26 as a leaving present from work, will have to get number 27 at Le Mans next week. They will look really nice next to my two Bentley's from 2001......
Old 8 Jun 2003, 00:15 (Ref:624177)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Rob, I bought the models of the 2001 MG's at Le Mans last year. They cost me several arms and at least 5 legs.....
Old 8 Jun 2003, 18:40 (Ref:624817)   #16
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i saw a 1:10 MG somewhere! Big. Costs 44 arms, 77 legs, and one straw hat....
Old 8 Jun 2003, 19:38 (Ref:624871)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, at least the straw hat will keep the sun off at Le Mans next weekend....
Old 8 Jun 2003, 20:52 (Ref:624968)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did you ever see that guy that Jeremy Clarkson went to see in France somewhere in a piece for Top Gear, who had made a 1:4 scale Ferrari 512 Le Mans car?
it was an exact working replica, except a quater of the size. It was thought that the minature copy of the engine that he built could be producing as much as 80bhp! it even sounded like a proper Ferrari V12...
Old 9 Jun 2003, 01:48 (Ref:625232)   #19
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I hope Tamiya offers a kit of the MG sometime soon. Help me, email them the idea! Tell them to do the 2001 Bentley also (unless one of the 2003 ones is a winner this time next week. Then I want one of those!)
Old 14 Jun 2003, 19:53 (Ref:631507)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Did you ever see that guy that Jeremy Clarkson went to see in France somewhere in a piece for Top Gear, who had made a 1:4 scale Ferrari 512 Le Mans car?
it was an exact working replica, except a quater of the size. It was thought that the minature copy of the engine that he built could be producing as much as 80bhp! it even sounded like a proper Ferrari V12...
I saw that, absolutely years ago wasn't it?
They started it up and it sounded gorgeous - just like a ferrari V12 and just as noisy.

I'd have it.