Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 5 Sep 2000, 20:11 (Ref:35171)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was amazed once again to hear announcers bringing up yet another episode of a hung throttle. Why hasn't NASCAR put their foot down and forced the teams to permanently correct this situation? Bobby Labonte was thankfully uninjured in another stuck throttle tank slapper not dissimilar to some recent headline grabbers in the past. Is it a case of the drivers being stubborn or the teams being reluctant? Surely with all the engineering might at NASCAR's quick and easy reach they could come up with some sort of throttle closure device. I cannot imagine that any driver or team would argue against a throttle return, no one wants another Adam Petty or Kenny Irwin incident.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:27 (Ref:35194)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
maybe it will take the death of an even bigger winston cup name before nascar do anything....i hope not ofcourse
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:37 (Ref:35199)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cause if Nascar mandates something, it means they were wrong not to have done so earlier
Old 6 Sep 2000, 09:15 (Ref:35304)   #4
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did you guys miss this thread I posted awhile back?
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3366

I don't understand what is going on with these throttles. Robby Gordon claimed his throttle stuck at the last Michigan race too. I am no expert but it seemed to me that NASCAR had solved the stuck throttle problem with these mandated rule changes.
Old 6 Sep 2000, 15:54 (Ref:35354)   #5
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's why this is so disturbing. Nascar mandates its solution and low and behold it doesn't work in most cases(it did work with ROb MOrgan, however). Which begs the question, why doesn't Nascar just nadate the system used by the mods. I dont understand the differences, but someone over at racecomm said that the mods' system was far superior to what Nascdar mandated and what Roush has developed.
Old 7 Sep 2000, 01:33 (Ref:35478)   #6
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully, a solution will be found soon, I'd hate to see us loose someone else. Intresting what Bobby LaBonte said (or didn't say) after the stuck throttle at Darlington, "this place has a little more room, the turns are not so sharp, much more sweeping. If this had of been at New Hampshire, I would have been uh...worse off than I was here!" He stopped just short of saying, dead!
Old 8 Sep 2000, 03:07 (Ref:35660)   #7
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

How exactly do you test these improvements anyway? It must be similar to the 1960s, when drivers were deliberately blowing tires for Goodyear and Firestone. Not the way to get favorable insurance premiums........
Old 9 Sep 2000, 04:15 (Ref:35919)   #8
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

That, John B, is a fact!