Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Aug 2003, 22:58 (Ref:702235)   #1
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your Dream Internations Lineup

Well Guys,

Just over a month till crunch time to see who gets picked where, and who enters!

Alot of uncertainty over here in ireland as to an internations team, alot of drivers not prepaired to go over and nobody to run the team however who do you think would be the ideal team irish/british or whatever your decide!

My Dream Team (irish)

Chris evans -Micra (2000cc)
Eugene Cahill - Puma (2000cc)
William Coyne - Nova (1600CC)
Christy Grimes - Nova (1600cc)
and Myself in a Nova! (1600cc)

You Decide!
Attached Images

Last edited by Cryos; 28 Aug 2003 at 22:59.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 28 Aug 2003, 23:06 (Ref:702239)   #2
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My English team would be:

Dave Bellerby (Vauxhall Nova)
Mike Turpin (Vauxhall Nova)
Des Wheatley (Metro GTI)
Gordon Rogers (Vauxhall Corsa)
Another car that is left standing.

Last sunday i would have said Mike Dresser or Mike Howlin as the fifth driver, but now with there cars in the state they are that is not likely. Perhaps Iain Muir might now get a shot or Phil Collard. Maybe even Dave Ward if his new car arrives on time.

in a dream team i would persuade Tony Bardy to not let evans drive the Micra and then have Bardy in the Micra as my fifth driver. But that is unlikely to happen.

Who ever races then it is going to be hard to beat the Norwegians and Swedes.......maybe even Germans if they bring some of there supernationals.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 08:19 (Ref:702420)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'd have to go with the same lineup as you I think Peter, there's not a lot of other competitive cars still running, the fifth car would have to be between:

Muir (who I was quite impressed with at Lydden, he seems to be getting quicker)

Collard (still not convinced that a Ka is a good idea)

Tapscott (usually a consistent performer).

Bellamy (not sure if he's got to grips with the 206 yet)

Rose (not sure if the car has the reliability or performance - but it looked ok while it lasted at Lydden)
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:12 (Ref:702484)   #4
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the internations team, i'd have to go with:

Gordon Rogers
Dave Bellerby
Des Wheatley
Mike Dresser
Mike Howlin

I say this because Turpin's machine is far too unreliable and it won't be able to compete in the power race with the big Volvo's in the drag to turn 1. Last year most of the Supernationals were not much, if at all faster around a lap, it's just off the line they had more power and traction. Dresser's Lotus is the quickest car off the line in modified now and Howlin's Fiesta is quicker than the front drive cars when he gets it right. We need to compete off the startline as best we can with the Supernational machines.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:19 (Ref:702490)   #5
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
I would agree with the Dresser thing, but will we see him out again in 2003? The same applies to Howlin. There is only around 6 weeks to Internations Cup, so it will be race against time if the cars are to be ready. The damage that both cars suffered was pretty big.

There is now also question marks over Mike Turpin as his VAuxhall suffered terminal engine failure before Lydden Hill. I know he had plans for a new car in 2004, so maybe he might not be bothered about a new engine. If so this will probably create another space in the team.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:35 (Ref:702500)   #6
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is we haven't really got anybody else. The top few of modified are of top notch quality but as we've seen throughout the year we're so few on numbers. If only we could convince Mike Bourner to rent his Porsche to someone!!!!!.....now that would compete off the startline!!

If i had to choose a few more, it would probably be Bellamy, Collard and probably Muir after his show at Lydden but none of those are bang on the pace which is what we'll need against the Scandinavians! We can't really rely on Dave Ward's new car to be ready in time or to be competitive straight out the box.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 11:02 (Ref:702523)   #7
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
What we need is tony proctor to get bring back his old Sierra! that will sort the supernational boys out.

Rogers is one driver who always struggles at Croft. Turpin won at Croft at the start of the year and Bellerby is pretty quick around there to. Maybe the Mini of Binks can impress at Blyton in a couple of weeks...or maybe someone should just borrow a Volvo S40 for the event.