Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:19 (Ref:755736)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Heinz-Harald Frentzen : german driver of the year

From F1-live.com

According to ADAC (the german automobile club) Heinz-Harald Frentzen is the German driver of the year. It seems that Michael Schumacher's sixth world championship title didn't impress the ADAC that much.

I just cant work out how those German fella's think. :confused:
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:29 (Ref:755751)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's just crazy, really. A sixth world title winning campaign brushed aside by a season of mediocrity.

Still, could have been worse. Heidfeld could have won it.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:35 (Ref:755759)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He still nocked the pants off hiedfeld, as some one said - showed that who ever hires NH chose the wroung ex-Sauber driver.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:49 (Ref:755771)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably wanted to give it to someone else as MS must be winning it every year!!! But its still odd...................
Old 19 Oct 2003, 11:02 (Ref:755782)   #5
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How bizarre - I would like to see their reasoning
Old 19 Oct 2003, 12:45 (Ref:755863)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they wanted to give it away to someone else than TGF they should have given it to Ralf or Bernd Schneider,Jorg Muller,Franck Biela or maybe a young German talent, but certainly not to someone who has shown nothing this year with a 50% Ferrari car.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 13:17 (Ref:755885)   #7
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Extremely bizarre.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 15:01 (Ref:756044)   #8
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Is Michael from Austria?

Could that be it?

Did he stop during a race to help someone's granny cross the track or something?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 15:03 (Ref:756049)   #9
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
No, Michael is German, from Koerpen I think.

But he lives in Switzerland so maybe that's the reason??
Old 19 Oct 2003, 15:06 (Ref:756052)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Did he stop during a race to help someone's granny cross the track or something?
Well that would explain HH's race pace
Old 19 Oct 2003, 15:08 (Ref:756056)   #11
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Well that would explain HH's race pace
Hahaha yes... in a half-Ferrari.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 15:32 (Ref:756078)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol .... this indeed is funny .. probably they wanted to make him a retirering present ...

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Oct 2003, 16:24 (Ref:756111)   #13
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi is german, all right, but did you know, that H-H is half spanish (from his mothers side)?

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 19 Oct 2003, 16:32 (Ref:756118)   #14
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
If they wanted to give it away to someone else than TGF they should have given it to Ralf or Bernd Schneider,Jorg Muller,Franck Biela or maybe a young German talent, but certainly not to someone who has shown nothing this year with a 50% Ferrari car.
Try actually watch a whole season, or at least more than 50% of it, before you get all judgemental.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 16:49 (Ref:756129)   #15
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did watch it all and only saw HHF in Indianapolis.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 17:30 (Ref:756154)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I only remember Frentzy from his 3rd place at Indy and his uhm... mistake at Monza.
I don't think that i remember Heidfeld doing anything special at all this season apart from that 4th place at Indy.

Boy, those Sauber drivers do live up to their teams reputation of being invisible....
Old 19 Oct 2003, 18:31 (Ref:756194)   #17
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
What do you expect from a team that has a colour scheme that makes it blend into the background?
Old 19 Oct 2003, 18:38 (Ref:756204)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, he's not German driver of the year, but he was doing something.

Remember Sauber admitted they had gotten the wind tunnel readings wrong, so the chassis was wrong. The C22 in Australia was very different from the one in Suzuka, for example. Impressively, some members did not see Heinz finishing 6th and 5th in the first three races. His only big mistake was Monaco, since he had to retire often with mechanical failures, notably Monza, where he had to retire from 7th with 2 laps to go.

Also, the blocking of Montoya is being greatly exagerated. JPM hadn't passed Schumacher in the early part, so what are the odds of him passing MS after that. It is also one thing to get close and another to get past.

So, Heinz was maybe not the best German driver, but he certainly was there, and some of us will definitely miss him.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 22:38 (Ref:756400)   #19
maxell
Rookie

maxell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi won that in 1995 or so I heard. Schumi has never been IN within german sports awards. He has only been German sportsman of the year ONCE, in 94-95. Now he is lucky if he get's 3rd place in that awards!
Old 19 Oct 2003, 23:36 (Ref:756446)   #20
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sure that the award wasn't for " The Most Boring German Driver Of The Year"? Because he certainly earned that!

Danica Patrick
Old 20 Oct 2003, 00:32 (Ref:756464)   #21
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe when choosing the winner they take into account more than on-track results. Things like sportsmanship, fairness and off-track behaviour, areas that Michael is extremely lacking.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 07:12 (Ref:756598)   #22
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe MS is not forgiven for contributing to the glories of a competitor country.
After all, thanks to him, the most important german F1 actors (BMW, Mercedes) have been toughly defeated by italian Ferrari.
One could argue that HHF has raced for a swiss outfit (which is, in the german opinion, even worse) but who knows?
From this standpoint Schneider would be way better, but, GDA probably didn't want to interfere in the harsh competition among german makes that reigns in DTM.