Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Which is your international F3 Driver
Ryan Briscoe 11 31.43%
James Courtney 4 11.43%
Christian Klien 3 8.57%
Robert Doornbos 0 0%
De olivera 2 5.71%
Timo Glock 1 2.86%
Jamie Green 2 5.71%
Alan Van Der Merwe 5 14.29%
Nelson Piquet 5 14.29%
Ernesto Viso 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Nov 2003, 11:06 (Ref:770632)   #1
Dangerous games
Racer

Dangerous games should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whos your international F3 Driver

Hello!
I saw most of the people on the threads opinions and they wanted to vote outside of British F3 So here you are guys! An international poll!
Old 2 Nov 2003, 11:20 (Ref:770637)   #2
Dangerous games
Racer

Dangerous games should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
saw most people opinions on the other thread so decided to give you a poll where you could vote for any F3 driver If they arent in the list write him down! the above thread doesn't make sense i not english!
Old 2 Nov 2003, 12:31 (Ref:770705)   #3
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks DG....Courtney for me and he will win in Macau and Korea too!!
Old 2 Nov 2003, 12:38 (Ref:770712)   #4
The Zuschauer
Racer

The Zuschauer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Briscoe. Euro Series champion. Really, what more can he do to prove himself?

I also rate Klien. Some dominating performances this year.

De Oliveira destroyed the competition in the German Cup this year. He even started one race from pit lane, and won it. Problem is, he's been hanging around Formula 3 too long (though I doubt he's happy about that).
Old 2 Nov 2003, 16:50 (Ref:770824)   #5
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one is much more difficult to call - VDM, Briscoe, Courtney and de Oliveira were all the best in their respective Championships, but given the differences in the level of competition they each faced, I'd say that VDM and Briscoe come out of it ahead.

My money's on Briscoe for Macau even though he hasn't been there before and Courtney has.

I say this purely because, having been to Macau the last couple of years, and given how superbly Briscoe drove round Pau this year when he'd not been there either, I feel that he could just pull it off.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 11:01 (Ref:771374)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know who's going to win Macau - and to be totally honest it is irrelevant to this poll.

It simply has to be Briscoe. He dominated the toughest F3 series on Earth, with incredible depth throughout the field and strong manufacturer support. This is now the premier F3 series in the World, and Briscoe controlled it in a Schumacher like manner.

I maybe biased, but Courtney's thoroughly dominating season in Japan, despite the lesser field earns him second. Yes, the competition might not have been up there with the Euro series, but there were still some good racers involved, and James never looked like flinching. Just hope he doesn't end up in IRL or GT cars.

Van der Merve's championship puts him 3rd, and Klien's totally impressive rookie season puts him 4th (I expect big things from this guy). de Oliveira rounds out my top 5.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 13:18 (Ref:771529)   #7
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's probably early days in Ernesto Viso's career to put him up in this poll, but I've voted for him out of this selection because:
(a) he's a brilliant and entertaining driver who deserved to win this year's British F3 scholarship class (as he indeed did) despite the ignominious end to the final race at Brands Hatch, and against bl**dy stiff competition from the almost equally brilliant Steven Kane and the highly experienced Karun Chandhok, and
(b) he's also a really nice guy.

I'm going to annoy my old mate The Zu, and Mac, here, but erm, philosophical point: my definition of a great motor racing series is one where it's not possible for someone to dominate it (especially in a Schumacher-like fashion - eurgh!). But I guess I've shot myself in the foot there, cos Alan van der Merwe kind of dominated British F3 this year (though you wouldn't believe it, cos all the headlines were about some Brazilian bloke called Piquet). Ah well.

Roll on Macau!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 14:36 (Ref:771637)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by aussie_f3
Thanks DG....Courtney for me and he will win in Macau and Korea too!!
talk about blinded by nationality
Old 3 Nov 2003, 16:26 (Ref:771740)   #9
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
Quote:
Originally posted by Mathias
Roll on Macau!
I know this is off topic, but will you be there Mathias?
Old 4 Nov 2003, 12:36 (Ref:772635)   #10
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly not, lollipops. Would love to, but finances simply will not permit. I'm hoping to find that someone shows it on telly, but otherwise I'm going to be glued to MST's website for a weekend! Sad git!
Old 4 Nov 2003, 13:43 (Ref:772718)   #11
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
If I can make the dratted connection work this year I'll be posting while I'm there!
Old 5 Nov 2003, 20:02 (Ref:774153)   #12
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Briscoe is the best without a doubt followed by the other Aussie Courtney & hopefully they'll finish 1-2 at Macau.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 22:53 (Ref:774304)   #13
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seriously biased opinion: Alex Margaritis

His season was way better than even him would ever dare to expect.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 09:00 (Ref:774558)   #14
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
Quote:
Originally posted by Go_For_Pole
Seriously biased opinion: Alex Margaritis

His season was way better than even him would ever dare to expect.
Except for Pau!
Old 6 Nov 2003, 13:04 (Ref:774785)   #15
John Weed
Rookie

John Weed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Briscoe, Van der Merwe and Oliveira are seriously top drivers. Briscoe won the most tough championship knowing how to make the best use of his top team, as did so Van der Merwe, making all his teammates look like fools. Instead De Oliveira is for long in F3, but he has never driven for a top team, he drove swiss racing team in 2001 and won races in germany, they never won again I think. Then he drove for Kolles in 2002 and scored a few good places before quit, now look at kolles with Jamie Green and Zwolsman, and this year all he had was JB for the german series, and he made it a playground. I would love to see this man where he deserves to be, in a top team.