Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Nov 2003, 20:44 (Ref:778161)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordan miss out on Lubrax deal

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns12140.html

The rumoured deal between Lubrax (owned by Petrobras??) and Jordan has come to nought it seems.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 21:09 (Ref:778180)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this the end of the de Ferran - Jordan link?

Although I didn't particularly think that would happen.

On a general note it isn't looking good for Jordan (or Minardi). Hmmm.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 22:21 (Ref:778248)   #3
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing seems to be going Eddies way recently...wonder how much he can take before he packs it in, not more than two bad seasons i recon.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:16 (Ref:778517)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's looking tricky for EJ, no doubt he will be as bullish as ever though.

You can't help wondering if he's regretting turning silent at THE press conference (presumably when he though he had some cheap Merc engines coming his way..??), as the fighting fund that Stoddart was hoping for (and Jordan in reality) - seems to have gone the way of all things in F1, along with the 'cheap' engine deals.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:19 (Ref:778651)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing seems to be going for EJ!! and now his top driver FISCO has left......... they probably will get few points... unless Ej pulls some deal outta the bag!
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:33 (Ref:778668)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jordan isnt a spent force just yet... but they cant keep going without a proper budget for development, or they will go as well as a Minardi which has a similar engine
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:40 (Ref:778673)   #7
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Jordan is seemingly locked into the small team vicious circle. Without cash you can't get results and without results you don't attract big backers.

Jordan has gone from well sponsored team with paid drivers, to tail end team requiring pay drivers - that's a difficult cycle to break.

We need to see some announcements on the sponsor and driver front soon, so they can start some meaningful testing and car development, if EJ is to better this years performance. IMO.

I can't understand's EJ's swipe at Sauber either, all their deals and drivers are in place and their 2004 car will soon be whirring away in their own wind tunnel....That's how you run an F1 team.

Another last minute effort from Jordan for 2004, could see a repeat performance of 2003.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 10 Nov 2003 at 10:41.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:49 (Ref:778753)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems strange a Lubrax deal since Petrobras is working with Williams.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 13:00 (Ref:778767)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When did Jordan start to go down hill? when they got rid of Frentzen?
Old 10 Nov 2003, 13:06 (Ref:778774)   #10
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically yes! Perhaps thats why EJ wants him back, although Frentzen wants Jordan to pay him, whereas Eddie wants the driver to pay for the drive, so theres a little conflict of interest....
Old 10 Nov 2003, 13:13 (Ref:778783)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazza
When did Jordan start to go down hill? when they got rid of Frentzen?
To tell the truth, BOTH of them started to go down hill
Old 10 Nov 2003, 18:09 (Ref:779055)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
not only that they took DAMON down the 'HILL' as well (ok roll those eyes in disgust at this 'joke')

In all seriousness... I'd say MIKE GASCOYNE's loss severely dented them!!! i just hope the same doesnt happen with RENAULT!
Old 10 Nov 2003, 18:17 (Ref:779059)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think all these things are symptoms of the general slide. I don't think you can attribute the decline to one particular person/incident.

All have contributed, some could have be a knock on from the others.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 18:18 (Ref:779060)   #14
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think eddie should go back to paying for Mugen-Honda engines instead of ford might be cheaper than the fords