Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 20 Jan 2004, 11:28 (Ref:843853)   #1
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What your car says about you... apparently

This originated in Australia, but it's about as accurate anywhere else... feel free to add your own for marques not mentioned!

Alfa Romeo - Passionate and romantic, you fancy yourself. A bit unreliable, and can be eccentric too. You hate BMW drivers, but think and act just like them.

Audi - You would like to believe you are part of the new generation that is caring, environmentally conscious and family-orientated. Actually quite boring; nothing more than a glorified wuss. Will one day probably drive a Merc, but you still sometimes wonder if you shouldn't have bought that Bee-Em.

BMW - Self-centred, ambitious, dynamic and assertive. Can be a big show-off pig. Likes impressing too. Buppies and kugels past sell-by date. ( :confused: Eh? - Ed.). You think you will be CEO one day. Actually an office weenie who thinks you are God's gift.

Daewoo - Faceless, subservient and demure (except for Matiz drivers). To you, a good deal is to work from nine to five, get nothing for it, and still say thank you. And then you wonder why you don't have money for a good time out of hours.

Fiat - Cute self-confident girls climbing the corporate ladder with ball-breaking as their hidden agenda. Will take everything you own if she divorces you.

Ford - You still live in the 70's, trying to cope with the 90's (don't even mention the millennium). A loyal, diligent worker, but baffled by office politics and labour policies. Next car will probably also be a Ford.

Holden - You are the ultimate on-road . You think your 80s model Commodore is a V8 supercar, OR you think by owning a Barina you’re a true Holden fan. You’re either a redneck or a way-too-standard family parent – but either way, you most likely drive like you’re the only person on the road. You’re even ignorant enough to argue that the new Commodore is better than the new Ford.

Honda - You aspire to drive a BMW. You are an opinionated pain-in-the-butt. The ultimate suffragette, or the boss's girlfriend (male or female!).

Isuzu - You like the smell of diesel and have secret fantasies of being a truck driver.

Hyundai/Kia - Quite progressive, intelligent and practical. But misguided. The kind of person who will suggest a sub-committee to find solutions to what the committee couldn't. You will always maintain that a Korean car is better than any Japanese model.

Jeep - You would like to believe you are living the American dream and just love the great outdoors. The closest you get to it is by watching Days of Our Lives and the Adventure Channel.

Land Rover - You are a designer person with a designer life, who always pays too much for everything. Designer mud comes free with the badge. You're a closet colonial racist and have fantasies about the Queen. If you have a Freelander, it was probably a break-up gift from your ex.

Mazda - A Ford driver with less money. Mostly staid boring with no image and less imagination. Lots of retired people drive Mazdas. You're in the way and should get off the road.

Mercedes-Benz - Responsible, immaculate and conservative. Boring CEO clones with too much money, or the office super-geek who can't remember what it's like to have fun. Definitely not dating material.

Nissan - Good, solid, responsible, loyal office-fodder. You like to travel and maintain that you can sell ice to the Eskimos. Favourite answer: "It's a company car."

Mitsubishi - Not as label-conscious as your Land Rover counterpart, but still suckered into believing in the ultimate Paris-to-Dakar, African adventure. You drive through puddles to create your own designer mud. You believe you've made the grade, but everyone else knows you've got a long way to go.

Peugeot - Thinks France is the best country in the world and bores everybody with your limited French knowledge and tales of the Louvre and the Sourbonne.

Porsche - Small and/or mid-life crisis. ( I beg to differ! - Ed.)

Renault - An eccentric who likes doing things the wrong way around. Usually the one who asks all the silly questions at staff meetings. You fervently believe you have flair, but it's less than that of a French cookbook. Most probably gay.

Ssangyong - A make-believe fool, because you'd like a Pajero but can't afford it. Don't actually know that the engines are made in India and not in Germany.

Toyota - Although there are thousands of them, you mostly can’t spot them in their zero-image cars. Toyotas are good, reliable cars and are bought by a wide variety of people who have zero personality to go with their cars and are basically perpetually scared people who will never take chances and will therefore be driving Toyotas forever. The most zero-image car in the world?, ... a white Corolla

Volkswagen - Highly overrated for dependability cars since the days of the Beetle, but they do have a good re-sale value. Usually practical, sensible people who like to drive fast where nobody can see them. They are usually loyal to their brand to the point of irritation due to the fact that they lost their virginity on a Beetle's back seat.

Volvo - As square and safe as the car.

(So, to summarise, you're either weird or boring. Go figure! - Ed.)

Last edited by garcon; 20 Jan 2004 at 11:29.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 12:59 (Ref:843973)   #2
Hybrid
Racer

Hybrid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would comment, but owning a holden and a toyota I am a way-too-standard family parent who has zero personality and is perpetually scared of taking chances, therefore, I won't.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 14:08 (Ref:844076)   #3
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I wouldn't worry too much about the list, needs work I'd say!

For example, I drive a Peugeot, but I'm not a fan of France (except Le Mans) and don't know much about it (except Le Mans!)
Old 20 Jan 2004, 14:29 (Ref:844100)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want an Audi S4, if it has an S in the type does it make you less boring.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 07:48 (Ref:845078)   #5
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I cant see that my Audi RS6 falls into the described category above!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 09:38 (Ref:845176)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't know that i was passionate and romantic? :confused:
Old 21 Jan 2004, 20:32 (Ref:845850)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i did NOT lose my virginity on the back seat of a god damn beetle!

(but i do like to go fast where no-one can see me.. and i'm sensible... oh heck i'm boring)
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:37 (Ref:845920)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you own a Dino you are (1) waiting for the prices to go back up so you can make a fortune; (2) argumentative; and (3) paying way too much in insurance.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 01:38 (Ref:846296)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What if you own a Ducati?

And Bella, how did you manage to loose it in the front seat of a beetle? Years of yoga?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 03:13 (Ref:846368)   #10
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehehe
Old 22 Jan 2004, 10:56 (Ref:846641)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AMoffat is a Ducati classed as a Fiat? I presume thats what a Ferrari is in this list

Mine is talking about a Pajero/Shogun... I have neither, although the engine is found in them...

So what is a sexy car in all of that? Nothing from the look of it...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jan 2004, 11:20 (Ref:846657)   #12
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, very negative I thought it was too

No mention of colour options on said cars

What does a brown Volvo/Hyundai/Daewoo say about you?

Doesn't like Fords or Holdens much either

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 25 Jan 2004, 12:22 (Ref:849936)   #13
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Spanish speaking friend told me that Pajero is slang for 'I ' (no not 'I work') Surely this means that someone at Ford has a sense of humour?

Last edited by Bluebottle; 25 Jan 2004 at 17:32.

Steve McQueen.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 17:10 (Ref:852529)   #14
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
holdon. it didnt even mention vauxhall, so what does that say about vauxhall owners, it doesent look to good.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 16:20 (Ref:853837)   #15
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Holden, not holdon. Ah, hold on!

That's cos it's Australian. For Vauxhall drivers, just read what it says about the Holden Barina - especially if you're a Nova/Corsa driver...
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:10 (Ref:854176)   #16
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Holden, not holdon. Ah, hold on!
ah so it is thanks for pointing it out

and theres nowt wrong with the nova, especialy when its this cold and you need some old rubbish to keep you warm, ie burn it.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 03:10 (Ref:854579)   #17
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Porsche but they left a bit out on Volvo.
You have no idea where your going and you are the only person who should be on the road anyway.Bloody Volvo drivers

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 29 Jan 2004 at 03:11.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 18:49 (Ref:855456)   #18
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
I agree with Porsche but they left a bit out on Volvo.
You have no idea where your going and you are the only person who should be on the road anyway.Bloody Volvo drivers

The Grumpy1
Is that all Volvos, or just the white ones with flourescent stickers and blue lights?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 17:40 (Ref:856660)   #19
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by daz90
holdon. it didnt even mention vauxhall, so what does that say about vauxhall owners, it doesent look to good.
Being one myself, and having had many over the years, I can't comment, but I'm glad I haven't been catogrized and filed under Stupid.

I think the list should be more what model you drive. Sorry, fun thread and I'm being serious perhaps, but a Vauxhall Corsa driver has little in common than a Omega driver. Then there are those still driving around in Viva's, Nova's and so on. I'm an estate man at the moment but until recently was a twin exhaust man....

I've also driven Ford, Rover, Austin, and a few I won't mention. Am I skitso or a very intersting and diverse person?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 02:08 (Ref:862156)   #20
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that all Volvos, or just the white ones with flourescent stickers and blue lights?

No all of em.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 4 Feb 2004 at 02:09.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 13:35 (Ref:862662)   #21
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What it doesn't say is that all of us who own "Peril's" and his cousins are perfectly normal!