Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Jan 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1193963)   #1
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross Videos

Have been trying to build up a collection of videos of all rallycross but am particularly interested in the 86 - 92 stuff. Anyone got any ideas about where the more obscure titles can be located.
Old 5 Jan 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1194033)   #2
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The main source for any motorsport videos is Duke, I know they still have some older rallycross ones.
You also have to keep an eye on e-bay rallycross videos often pop up on there, there was one a couple of weeks ago I didn't know existed it was the 1990 Lydden euro round & the 1990 Internations Cup, unfortunately I just missed out.
You could also try The Rallycross Trust they may still have some old ones in stock.
I have a few rarities in my collection but I'm still looking for anything from the 1995 Internations at Essay in France (one of the last proper Internations Cups)
Old 5 Jan 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1194039)   #3
fullcircle
Racer

Yeah have got most of the ones from Duke and am always looking on ebay. Have managed to geta few from there.

I am not sure they produced a video from 95 as wasnt it the year of the fatalaties in Alencon?

I am struggling to get some decent footage from 87. Also interested in anyhting form Sweden. I was there 3 years ago and there was nothing like the Rallycross trust at all just a lot of ****ed people!
Old 5 Jan 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1194052)   #4
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was at the 1995 Internations it was a top meeting, brilliant racing, brilliant facilities & what a party on the saturday night!
The fatal crash happend a few years later & I think it was a French Championship round.
I have the 1987 Internations Cup video done by Croft Video Productions, it does'nt get watched much now as I don't want to wear it out. I am going to try to get it transfered to DVD if I can find someone round here to do it.
The Swedes as I remember were always up for a party.

Last edited by silver bullet; 5 Jan 2005 at 22:28.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1194310)   #5
fullcircle
Racer

Yeah sounds like I have got my dates and years mixed up. I mechanic for Tony Bell and 1995 sounds like the year he did it. At Mayenne? (I wasnt there though) It may have been 1997 at Alencon as I know Dermot was there when it happened.

I have got the same video for 87 although its not mine! I would be interested in getting a copy of the DVD though
Old 6 Jan 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1194442)   #6
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know of any RallyX video files online, which are available for download? If so please can you put links up
Old 6 Jan 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1194448)   #7
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.revs.tv/index.cfm?method=content.keyword
has some vids dont know if you can download tho,

http://tbk.fameflame.dk/phpBB2/
great videos forum search to find the clips im sure there are some

http://www.manicmotors.com/
is also good, might be some rallyx stuff on there
Old 6 Jan 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1194544)   #8
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks btcc-thunder, I didn't realise using the first link you could view the British Rallycross Championship programmes as aired on Men and Motors! I am still looking out for more rallycross movies, I want to build up a collection to convince my mates to go with me. I am so looking forward to the new season. More links gratefully appreciated! Ebby
Old 6 Jan 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1194637)   #9
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.rallycrossireland.com/vids/

some more being added at the moment

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1194654)   #10
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a thread some time ago also requesting video footage. Worth checking the archive, all my footage went to Barry. He could probably do a copy if you want it.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1194661)   #11
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also strongly suggest keeping an eye on ebay, a number of rallycross videos have been advertised on there over recent months
Old 7 Jan 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1195212)   #12
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ebay is my favoured haunt for Vids. You'll know when theres a rare one up there though. I was bidding for the 98 British Review recently but bottled it at £31 !!!

There must be a BBC archive somewhere full of the stuff. It would be nice to have access to that lot!!
Old 7 Jan 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1195236)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
There are quite a few rallycross videos available on ebay at the moment, from 1991 to 1997 I think (tried checking but ebay keeps chucking 'page not responding' erros at me for some reason)
Old 7 Jan 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1195337)   #14
fullcircle
Racer

Seen quite a lot and got probably all of them. The rarest being the 92 and 93 ERC. Its all the other stuff which you see clips for which I am after. Norwegian and Swedish championships, the other internations (have got 87 and 92) etc...
Old 7 Jan 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1195359)   #15
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
http://www.rallycrossireland.com/vids/

some more being added at the moment
some great videos there, thanks!
there are some photos of the rallycross events i've been to at brands on my website if anyones interested under photos and other motorsport photos
Old 7 Jan 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1195462)   #16
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As regards a BBC archive, Ive looked into this for quite a few years now and still no joy, even tried to get Arthur Debenham interested. There is an archive, I was given the address (National Film and TV archives, 21 Stephen Street, London, W1P 2LN), if anyone gets lucky please contact always intersted in pre 85 rallycross, BBC, ITV World of Sport. Carrera still watching tape you sent me, fantastic stuff. Ive been told best collection of rallycross footage is a certain John Welch, hes supposed to have a major collection.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1206274)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

How's your German?

There's a German Rallycross DVD for sale:

http://www.visualfactory.de/index.html

I presume its coverage of the 2004 German championship...?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1206620)   #18
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its just from the estering i think.

The second one is photos

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..