Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 23 Feb 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1530097)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you a "pusher"?

Go on - admit it!

Inspired by a thought on the Corgi Donington Collection thread, I'm going to invite people to come out of the closet over their model collection.

Do you, have you, might you ever get your model cars out of the box and actually push them?

I'll freely admit - there's a little red Lola which lives on the top of my computer monitor. Just occasionally, whilst searching for the bon mot or waiting for a page to load, the little car will come out and do a quick spin round the desk. Perhaps it will clip the apex of Mousemat Corner or get the perfect line through the Desk Lamp Complex. After a bit, it will go back to Parc Ferme on the top of the screen until the next test session beckons.

So go on - dare ya!

Own up!
Old 23 Feb 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1530115)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh no, I don't have that many models but they are all still in there box and on display in verious parts of my bedroom.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 23:14 (Ref:1530198)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Habitual (ab)user here, .

It is what they are made for!

However, in younger years it was an altogether more regular and an integral part of leisure; it is done far less now, but still happens periodically.

I guess my point is none of them are in boxes. I don't think I even have the boxes anymore. In fact, now I think about it, I don't. They were gathering dust in the loft, and I got rid of them as part of the clear-out prior to moving to Canada.

I don't have a huge number, but those I do are all in perfectly reasonable order IMHO. Not mint condition mind, naturally, but then I'd be sad if they were.
Old 23 Feb 2006, 23:41 (Ref:1530220)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD
I'll freely admit - there's a little red Lola which lives on the top of my computer monitor. Just occasionally, whilst searching for the bon mot or waiting for a page to load, the little car will come out and do a quick spin round the desk. Perhaps it will clip the apex of Mousemat Corner or get the perfect line through the Desk Lamp Complex. After a bit, it will go back to Parc Ferme on the top of the screen until the next test session beckons.
Truly young at heart, Tim; an admirable trait!

Sadly, I cannot admit to such activity, although I do have a fairly large collection. Many are out on display though, in cabinets, to the amusement of some of my non car loving friends!
Old 24 Feb 2006, 00:16 (Ref:1530247)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Laugh at their shoes.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1530478)   #6
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
And I thought I was the only one! Got a small but focused (otherwise my OH might sue for divorce!) collection of 1/18s, but around the PC and out of reach of my 3 year old are a few nice historic Hot Wheels. The sharknose Ferrari does quite a good Monza oval around the keyboard although the lack of banking does slow lap speeds.

Also with you Dutton, boxes, even for collectible 1/18s are straight in the bin. No room for storage, I want to see the models and have no intention of selling them.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1530759)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, I used to have a couple of large models that were made for it though!

All the rest stay in cabinet / their boxes