Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Feb 2001, 02:09 (Ref:65479)   #1
FREAKSFORUM.COM
Rookie

FREAKSFORUM.COM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today was to be a great day of racing, and it ended in tradgedy. To see Waltrip end the 0 for 462 streak, son Dale finish in Second, and a proud teammate blocking the way to ensure it all happened.

The way it ended is like a fairytale, almost too true to believe. Yet it is reality and is part of life. These drivers put their lives at risk every race for the love of the game, for the fans, for entertainment.

Today's events bring reality back to life, in how short it really is, Dale Sr, was my introduction to racing, without him, I never would have started watching or taken in a interest in the sport.

Now he is gone, and the breath of fresh air, I had through him taken. He will certainly never be forgotten, and certainly will always be a part of me, as he will many of you.

Life is full of uncertainties, live today as if there is no tomorrow. Life springs eternal......

Rest in Peace Dale.......

FREAK
Old 19 Feb 2001, 17:53 (Ref:65562)   #2
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 19 Feb 2001, 23:56 (Ref:65650)   #3
FREAKSFORUM.COM
Rookie

FREAKSFORUM.COM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Follow Up

It's now been 24 hours later, after all day news specials, talk shows, and everyone talking about Dale's death. To me it is totally something I don't want to believe.

I never met the man, never saw him in person, never came close to him at all but through television and listening to races at work via the radio.

He certainly brought inspiration to me, and I will never ever forget him.

Dale was certainly the michaelangelo of the NASCAR world.

If anyone taped the race yesterday, please contact me, I really would appreciate getting a copy. I will pay for the tape and shipping costs.

my e-mail address is freak@freaksforum.com

Thank you

FREAK