Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Mar 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1543827)   #1
ppparkinson9
Rookie

ppparkinson9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mladin takes Daytona

Despite the predictable result it was a good race. Ben Spies stuck to Mladin like glue through the race. He was outfoxed by Mladin at the end though. I reckon Spies has got the speed to beat Mladin, but maybe not the guile.

The other are way behind, the Kwakkas started fast but dropped back. Hodgson was slowly catching Duhamel for third but ran out of laps.

So I reckon it'll be another Yoshimura Suzuki whitewash this year, but it looks like Mladin has something to worry about.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1544038)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I really think Mladin should try and get back to europe , he has been totally awesome in the USA for about 10 years now.

surely someone in europe has noticed this ?????

but then again maybe he is quite happy to stay states side and earn decent money and win races but hey that europe vulture would always be lurking in the back of his mind wouldnt it ?
Old 12 Mar 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1545228)   #3
ppparkinson9
Rookie

Mladin I think is very happy where he is. They pay him well and so he's not inclined to move. He's said I think that he wouldn't do MotoGP or WSB unless it was well paid and on a top bike. It's odd that Nicky Hayden got a Repsol Honda ride for winning the AMA once, yet the man who wins it every year tends to get nothing.

But it would take a pretty good deal to get him to move.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1545434)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats because Hayden is ambitious, young and marketable!

Mladin has been in Gp's before you remember and was treated very badly by Cagiva who didnt really help him much and basically got rid of them when Kocinski became available!

Hayden was riding for Honda aswell remember and all they care about is marketing really as far as US is concerned, thats why Hayden has been given so much time despite only winning one race, he is marketable. OK he is good aswell but aint challenge Vale any time soon.

Mat is a clever guy and a good businessman, why should he take less or equa pay to ride a rubbish bike in GP, he will never do WSB, what would be the point!! In his eyes he is in the best superbike series and is the daddy there.

I think the only way you would get him into GP is to offer him a Honda or Yamaha and the pay he wanted, otherwise he will stay in the US, he gets paid a phenomenal wage and wins at ease, though Spies did run him close at Daytona.

Also worth a mention was Duhamel who wsa catching them near the end and Hidge who made some silly mistakes but was catching Miguel near the end too after passing the Kwaks and Zemke with ease. And also trouncing Bostrom to no-ones great susprise!!
Old 13 Mar 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1547353)   #5
ppparkinson9
Rookie

If in his eyes he thinks the AMA has a better quality field than BSB or WSB he's kidding himself. Look at the gaps in lap times.

One thing I will give Mladin credit for. No one cuts through lapped traffic better than him.

I don't know how ambitous Hayden is. I've lost track of the times I wished he'd at least try to pass people in a race. He takes forever where Melandri and obviously Rossi are far more decisive.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1547767)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, maybe he just cant pass certain people!
I think Mat is really only doing what he can, he would have left AMA if someone like Hoinda came in with a deal where he could win races and get decent recognitiion.
I am still not sure even now that if Rizla came in and sai OK Mat we want you to go to GP, we will pay you more and give you a motorhome!
He is winning races every week which he likes and is settled, why move!

It would be good to see if he could beat the best guys but we had the same deal over here with Fogarty, everyone knew he was good enough to be in GP, but why should he leave a winning envoronment and ride a rubbish bike where he was down the pecking order for parts!
Same deal really