Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Aug 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1387264)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radical entries at Donington - 28 Aug

According to final instructions there are only 4 cars entered for the 50 min Radical Enduro round and 7 cars for the 2 x 20 min Biduro rounds. What's going on? I have not followed the series this year but is this norm or are there loads of late entries?

And they have been allocated the garages too!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1387274)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andy - yes, the Radicals have been very, very bad at getting entries in this year (and the same goes for many other classes, actually). I wouldn't expect anything much above the mid-teens in either class though.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1387439)   #3
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the radicals race at Oulton this year and I was very surprised by the low numbers. I would imagine that the two series will have to be combined for next season.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1387817)   #4
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many have "gone over" I think to Britsports - better value for money?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1389740)   #5
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the large amount of cars built there are virtually none in the radical championships. May be due to some of the drivers spending huge amounts especially in the Enduro series.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1389913)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not an expert in Radical racing but possibly one problem is/was that Radical thought in their wisdom to continue to find more upgrades and more powerful verisons to race. With The net result being smaller grids due to people not wanting to forkout extra amounts just so they could continue to be a front runner. Plus the introduction of newer, faster, more expensive models. Had they left things as they were from the begining it would still be a flurishing series as there was huge grids of equally spec'd cars. As the series got bigger I understand also that apparently the series registration fees and the entry fees for the Radical package got very high. I'll ask one of the Britsport teams as to why they now race in that series and not Radical in a few weeks time for the correct answer. Perhaps Ian S' might know the reasons?
Old 24 Aug 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1389921)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What, me? I guess you could be right - Radical might have what you could call "Eurocar syndrome". Trying too much, too soon.

Incidentally, entries over the two types of Radical have now swelled to... 25 for this weekend.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1392158)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
agree with that ian....like palmer audi too with the eurocup
Old 27 Aug 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1392403)   #9
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Garages should be allocated on the numbers of entries, how many times have you been to a meeting to be in the paddock when the series with the smallest grids and usually the most boring get the garages.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1392519)   #10
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same thing happend at Cadwell for the Radical Festival Loads of late entries.
Makes it a nightmare for the organisers, trying to plan a meeting, getting programmes printed etc. then find you have another 20 odd entries.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1392701)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Topwelshman...changing the subject slightly!...Autosport was asking if I had a mug shot of you this week as they wanted one...unfortunately all my pictures seem to be of half naked women and aeroplanes and stuff so didn't have any of you!! If you have something maybe ring them Monday and ask for Richard Asher though you might be a little late?