Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Nov 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1458288)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedro Del a Rosa to Super Aguri Racing?

I came across a post on this at another website.

I think that it makes a lot of sense for a new team to hire Pedro who is obviously fast and also technically experienced.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1458294)   #2
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Alex Wurz? I'd say he's more worthy of a race seat than de la Rosa is. he was more impressive for Mclaren last season when racing, and is equally fast in testing.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1458303)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But it looks like Super Aguri will run Sato/Davidson if they make it on to the grid for 2006.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1458319)   #4
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedro or Alex could both be good choices, Perhaps as a young team they would benefit from an ex-Mclaren driver for all sorts of info.
I know Davidson has loads of development experience but that's with Honda, which is where this team will get most of their technical input from any way.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1458352)   #5
racebusiness
Rookie

Monaco
Monaco
racebusiness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great for Pedro and don't forget the relationship built up around Gotenba in his Nippon days!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1458459)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
What about Alex Wurz? I'd say he's more worthy of a race seat than de la Rosa is. he was more impressive for Mclaren last season when racing, and is equally fast in testing.

Well, Pedro outqualified Kimi, did the fastest lap and overtook several drivers during the race... I'd say it was quite a performance. I wish he drove; people only seem to know about Alonso but De la Rosa also won everything he raced in before F1, just like Alonso. And PDLR has got an attitude and isn't afraid to tell things like they are.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1458463)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pedro went off the track about 3 or 4 times though - he was lucky to be racing at a track with big run-off areas, so he could rejoin and use the car's superiority to regain the positions he squandered. If Wurz is available, hemight be the better choice, especailly as he's been with McLaren longer.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 23:57 (Ref:1458503)   #8
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Pedro was probably closer to Kimi's pace than Alex was. He made some great moves and set fastest lap, yeah maybe he made heavy weather of the result but that can be explained by lack of practise, he hadn't raced since 2002. Alex made less mistakes but if I was picking one of them it'd be Pedro for raw pace over the race weekend, he was a revelation.

Though I don't know why it should have been. He finished 6th in his first ever GP, beat Takagi and matched Irvine when the second Stewart/Jag traditionally struggled compared to the lead car, and has done some great stuff in testing for McLaren.

He deserves a race seat, but at what 35, 36 I have a feeling the chance has realistically slipped away already through no fault of his own.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1458504)   #9
mike_slh
Rookie

Denmark
Plymouth
mike_slh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would wurz fit in the car though? Theres quite a bit size difference between little Sato and him,that is if Taku gets the drive
Old 12 Nov 2005, 00:50 (Ref:1458516)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the team is on the grid, the drivers will be Sato and Davidson. Definitely.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 03:40 (Ref:1458603)   #11
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato for sure, Davidson maybe. De La Rosa is a good choice, but would he leave McLaren?
Old 12 Nov 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1458678)   #12
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
Well, Pedro outqualified Kimi, did the fastest lap and overtook several drivers during the race... I'd say it was quite a performance. I wish he drove; people only seem to know about Alonso but De la Rosa also won everything he raced in before F1, just like Alonso. And PDLR has got an attitude and isn't afraid to tell things like they are.
But had less to show from it.

It's unlikely that either would actually get a seat, but Alex Wurz is a good driver and I think it's a pity that he has gone 5 seasons without racing. He's better than that.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1458863)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The team would need to design a car around Wurz, and it is not ideal to have two drivers of very different builds, simply because the cars will never handle exactly the same. It's unfortuante for Alex, and is surely part of why he hasn't been an F1 regular in recent years despite his considerable talent.

For a time Pedro was matching Eddie at Jaguar, but throughout 2002 he was rarely close to his team-mate's pace. That point on his debut came form a race in which only 7 cars had trouble-freer aces - Takagi was the only man he really beat that day.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 13:32 (Ref:1458868)   #14
safc_fan89
Veteran

Same goes for Justin Wilson, he's even taller than Wurz I think.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 07:39 (Ref:1460100)   #15
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wish he will drive, but i do not feel optimistic, altough he deserves this last chance, he´s been heavily under rated.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1460414)   #16
Kev_205
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Kev_205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Wurz has moved from Maclaren to another team for 06???
Old 14 Nov 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1460415)   #17
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You thought wrong.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1460557)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's two things people will always say about Pedro I fear

-he went off 3 or 4 times at Bahrain

-Irvine scored points at Jaguar in 2002 and Pedro didn't.

Well, I think that he fully knew Bahrain wouldn't punish him if he went off and that's why he pushed it to the maximum. I mean, he surely wouldn't have done the moves he did in Monaco, because he knows the risk factor of putting a wheel wrong is much higher. (Didn't Kimi go off in a corner as well, overtaking no one?) We demand overtaking and when a guy gives it we remember the times he's been off the track.

And Jaguar 2002, damn. I don't think anyone could have escaped with a brave face from that team that year. Yes Eddie did have a podium placing at Monza, where was Pedro in that race? Taken off by Massa...
In all his full years of F1 he's always been slightly above his teammates; with Irvine, he was on a par with him, they normally ended up having outqualified the other the same number of times. What I think is that Pedro's career doesn't deserve to be always burdened by 2002, and that he certainly is good enough to win races.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1461066)   #19
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well said, Jordi. And we should not forget that he was FASTER than Jos Verstappen in the arrows too, himself regarded as a very quick driver. Ok, we´re not saying he´s Schumacher, Alonso o Raikkonnen´s class, but, speed, race craft, tech-wise, he deserves his place at the grid, whetever he´ll get it is another question.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1461129)   #20
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He does deserve a place on the grid - that's absolutely right but so does Davidson, Wurz, Wilson, Bourdais and probably another 10 drivers who may or may not get rides next year. Not enough seats for non-pay drivers these days and not enough cars anyway.