Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jan 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1503255)   #1
The Fat One
Rookie

United Kingdom
Valencia, Spain + Greater Manchester
The Fat One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valencia Testing in February

Do any of you chaps ever attend the Formula 1 testing in Valencia, Spain?
The circuit has announced 9 days testing next month where the public are admitted, 6 days this month for only McLaren-Mercedes and 3 more days in March.
I thought that the number of test days was to be reduced, but it sounded like they were out today as well (I'm only about 6kms from the circuit so can normally hear them!). the circuit website is showing 15 days testing just for the McLarens, is this correct?
I'll probably go along anyway as it's only 5 euros entry!
I also don't understand why the circuit never gets a mention anywhere, as it's a wonderful place and only seems to be used for the F1 testing, SuperBikes and MotoGP. It's crying out for track days or similar. Mind you, there is a rumour locally that they are trying to bag the Spanish Grand Prix in the not too distant future!
Don't know if I can post the link, but the calendar is on the circuit valencia website.
Tim
Old 18 Jan 2006, 17:19 (Ref:1503880)   #2
Bazaboy
Rookie

Spain
Pedralba
Bazaboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your right Tim it is a wonderfully circuit with good access and parking, where else can you watch F1 testing for 5 euros, and world touring cars for free.
Baza from Pedralba