Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Feb 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1530860)   #1
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Spyker Squadron 2006

After the confirmation of two Spyker cars for this years race, will we finally see something other then a porsche victory in the second division?
After the promissing results of the second half of 2005 and with these quality line ups and Michelin tires i can't wait for June.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1530893)   #2
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
After the confirmation of two Spyker cars for this years race, will we finally see something other then a porsche victory in the second division?
Be sure, no
Old 24 Feb 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1530916)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I think the Spykers and the other non-Porsches aren't reliable enough.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1530928)   #4
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that if people want to break Porsche's domination this is the year to do it. Next year they'll use the 997 and it's bye bye again.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1530937)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The real question will be what does Scudiera Ecosse brings to the table as a team.

I love the Spykers, but the Ferrari ought to be faster out of the gate.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Feb 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1530953)   #6
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker has a definite chance in the 1000km format, the longer races have not been their strong point. Let's hope they prove me wrong in 2 weeks!!!
Old 25 Feb 2006, 06:15 (Ref:1531161)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
I think that if people want to break Porsche's domination this is the year to do it......
Agreed (in theory anyway!). The big advantage Spyker have this year is that second entry. They can send one car out to battle for the lead and hope it doesn't break, with a reserve car driven with a little more restraint to guarantee a respectable finish (or pick up the pieces if everyone else breaks!). I think they've got a chance, but I believe Panoz have a better chance, and I also think a Porsche will ultimately prevail.

But I'd love to see anything other than a Porsche win GT2..........
Old 25 Feb 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1531279)   #8
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Agreed (in theory anyway!). The big advantage Spyker have this year is that second entry. They can send one car out to battle for the lead and hope it doesn't break, with a reserve car driven with a little more restraint to guarantee a respectable finish (or pick up the pieces if everyone else breaks!). I think they've got a chance, but I believe Panoz have a better chance, and I also think a Porsche will ultimately prevail.

But I'd love to see anything other than a Porsche win GT2..........
Agreed on the Panoz, this year is their chance for sure. But I'm also very interested in how the F430 will do. Will it be fast, will it be reliable? I heard sounds about the received cars being struggled with by the teams who got them already, that there was still quite a bit of work left to do. But we'll see
Old 25 Feb 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1531328)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im certainly rooting for Spyker this year . Looks great , sounds great , driven great ..... fills a lot of pre-requisits for me already . Hope they get that Orange mobile phone sponsorship again !

Any news on Seikels plans ?
Old 25 Feb 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1531363)   #10
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Im certainly rooting for Spyker this year . Looks great , sounds great , driven great ..... fills a lot of pre-requisits for me already . Hope they get that Orange mobile phone sponsorship again !

Any news on Seikels plans ?
Actually I prefere the Spyker as it is now over the black/orange Orange livery. Never really liked that one.

Seikel was on the LMS entrylist with Collins and Burgess as drivers if I'm not mistaken.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 07:24 (Ref:1531736)   #11
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't count out the LNT Panoz.