Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1668843)   #1
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carroll leaves Honda

Apparently, Adam Carroll has decided that he wants to try and get into F1 with a different team, so will leave the Honda Driver Development Scheme.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Car...~id~134731.htm
Old 31 Jul 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1668974)   #2
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
best news ive heard all year. they gave no testing (unless you are either willing to kill your career on some salt flat or have a big sponsor called, um celerant or something...), they also gave basically sod all in ways of a decent drive in a lower formula. van der merwe didnt get any drive at all, carroll scraped into a super nova team which he nearly had to give up this time last year if it wasnt for david sears saving the day and now drives racing engineering without whom he wouldnt be racing at all but at the same time are a midfield team. rossiter tested gp2 but got no drive, but he did get the pons seart in WSBR and has brought honda that all important sponsor.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1669044)   #3
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest i can't understand what the F*** Honda means by Driver Development program. One thing is to be a regular test driver, like ever-testing Davidson. The other is to be linked to the team only for promotional stuff and fitness activities.

I can't see any of "suppoused" Honda Jr. drivers having a future ahead. Honda was not paying for Carrol's seat in GP2 (who is, BTW?).

Dirani (is he still with Honda?) is trying his own luck in America. And the others are all making it their own way. There is no planning, there is no money, there is no support, AFAIK.

I have not many information about it, but i think that even in Japan they are not investing that much to make a new (and better) Takuma Sato.

It is a shame. Driver development programs are really important for young drivers. But most of them are embarassing.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1669046)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's taking a brave decision, but I'd agree with f-f that the opportunities just don't seem to be there with Honda, when you look at the drivers their 2 teams have given drives to this year.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1669047)   #5
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its a shame you didn't look at the press release forum as it was reported in there this morning, rather than linking to crash.net.

Good luck to the boy is all I can say.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 06:14 (Ref:1669610)   #6
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels
To be honest i can't understand what the F*** Honda means by Driver Development program. One thing is to be a regular test driver, like ever-testing Davidson. The other is to be linked to the team only for promotional stuff and fitness activities.

I can't see any of "suppoused" Honda Jr. drivers having a future ahead. Honda was not paying for Carrol's seat in GP2 (who is, BTW?).

Dirani (is he still with Honda?) is trying his own luck in America. And the others are all making it their own way. There is no planning, there is no money, there is no support, AFAIK.

I have not many information about it, but i think that even in Japan they are not investing that much to make a new (and better) Takuma Sato.

It is a shame. Driver development programs are really important for young drivers. But most of them are embarassing.
yeah. they only guy making use of it seems to be rossiter but he did after all have a big sponsor already and that sponsor is now a honda sponsor. dirani is in america trying his best, van der merwe has shot off the motorsports map and carroll was left to struggle along in gp2 with no budget. the opnly reason carroll is racing at all this year is because repsol and telefonica saw enough talent in his to put him in racing engineerings car for this season so he is fine for this season. dont know about next though.

i think the 'programme' was BAR's baby and honda didnt want it.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1669672)   #7
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
What happened to Bernoldi? He was testing for them at some stage..
Old 1 Aug 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1669775)   #8
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
What happened to Bernoldi?
Enrique Bernoldi was only contracted to be a test driver on account of his F1 racing experienced and wasn't intended to form part of a long term future driver line up, with some of the names mentioned in this thread being tried out for those roles.

Last I heard, Bernoldi was trying to put together a deal with Antonio Pizzonia and Rocketsports to run in Champ Car as Team Brazil, but this failed to come to fruition.