Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jul 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1645829)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FIA GT Rnd 3: 30Jun-2 Jul Oschersleben 2006

No thread on this yet?

Bartels/Bertolini on pole from that speedy Saleen again (no, not Balfe!) - Chevy 3rd.

Piccini fastest Aston again, Phoenix doing a great job there over the Race Alliance & BMS cars.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1645856)   #2
Viper GTS-R***
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Viper GTS-R*** should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualification results: http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?eve...Qualifying%201
Here on this article you see the GLPK Corvette flying over the curb's at the second practice! That brings a lot work for the macaniciens but car is allright for the race! http://www.racingworld.be/nieuws/356...e-+-foto).html
Tree cars may winn for me: GLPK C6-R, Phoenix DBR9, Zakspeed Saleen
Old 2 Jul 2006, 06:35 (Ref:1646007)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper GTS-R***
Tree cars
Sounds like a new hippy-team or a Greenpeace entry!

Seriously, it's good to see the penalties given to the Zakspeed Saleen haven't punished it too much - yes they'll have to fight for the win but it would have been unfair to render them completely uncompetitive. I was fearing that they might put it was back to Balfe levels... And it seems that 'Vette was really flying, too!
Old 2 Jul 2006, 07:06 (Ref:1646019)   #4
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's not penalties ...
they got a break last season with bigger rear wings .. and now .. as the car is competitive again .. it doesn't "need" it anymore

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jul 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1646121)   #5
Viper GTS-R***
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Viper GTS-R*** should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Sounds like a new hippy-team or a Greenpeace entry!
LOL ive tiped to fast i see
surplus my english is not so up to date
Old 2 Jul 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1646122)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
No thread on this yet?
I get the impression there's less interest in FIA GT compared to previous years. Last year the FIA GT topics had 2, 3 or even more pages. In my opinion the main reason is the lack of free TV coverage (Eurosport) and/or live video stream. Today it's for the first time I can see live coverage of FIA GT this season.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1646156)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race started .
T&S here
http://www.mstworld.com/live/livetiminggt.html

Bartels leads from Zackspeed

in GT2

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jul 2006, 14:31 (Ref:1646252)   #8
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
1-2 for Maserati ahead of Piccini
Zackspeed had the pace . but not the consistency

GT2 ..

Scuderia Ecosse ahead of AF Corse and JMB

now i have to wait for a couple of days till i get to actually see it..

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jul 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1646278)   #9
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I get the impression there's less interest in FIA GT compared to previous years. Last year the FIA GT topics had 2, 3 or even more pages. In my opinion the main reason is the lack of free TV coverage (Eurosport) and/or live video stream. Today it's for the first time I can see live coverage of FIA GT this season.
Yes, thats true. But if you look on the paul richard race without normal spectators, the teams and SRO maybe even dont want the interest of the fans???
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1646549)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another good race today, quite a lot of incidents and another MC12 win. Good to see Scuderia Ecosse getting 1st and 3rd in GT2 they finally delivered on their potential.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1646618)   #11
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Sorry but I didn't see it as a good race at all I'm afraid - Yes there was incident but I wasn't at all gripped by it - GT1 in particular was pretty routine
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1646633)   #12
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One rather odd event did occur, though - the cancellation of the Romanian street round. Seems like a very strange case to me - all is on the FIA GT website...
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1646676)   #13
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it just me or was the Commentary almost comletely inaudible. It seemed very low down in the mix to me and the sound for the onboard shots was completely irrelevent and spoiled the coverage.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1646682)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The commentary seemed fine to me, didnt get any problems on that side of things. One thing I did notice from the commentators was the mention of the Spa 24hrs, I got the impression that the race will be shown live in its entirety. That wasnt actually said, but it was hinted at. IMO.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1647205)   #15
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Missed the race due to it being on Player.

Switching around the Sports channels Moto GP and the DTM were on, as a result I didn't even realise FIA GT was this weekend.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1647385)   #16
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

I was hoping to watch the race on Player TV after recording it on my DVD-R but, one of my daughters had watched another channel and when she finished put it back to Channel 122 rather than 123. If you want to know where they show old "Blankerty Blank", "Who wants to be a Millionaire" and other game show crap I can tell you.

I managed to see the funny side of it eventually Perhaps I will catch the highlights on MOTORS TV or something?

Nick
Old 3 Jul 2006, 15:23 (Ref:1647396)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Looks like the first highlights programme is at 18:30BST on Wedensday on Motors TV...
Old 3 Jul 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1647416)   #18
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers

Nick
Old 4 Jul 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1647747)   #19
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No mention of the GT3 races I see which is too bad as there was a lot of controversy because of the difference in speed between the cars. After Silverstone where things were pretty fair, in Oschersleben the Vettes, Vipers and Ascaris unexplainably had a couple of seconds faster than the Porsches and Ferraris which left a lot of drivers and teams with quite a bitter taste...
Old 4 Jul 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1647816)   #20
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jan Vonka has put up his Porsche for sale Hopefully he'll keep on doing FIAGT while it isn't sold, but I don't expect too much.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/cars/d...id=38714&cat=0