Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Feb 2001, 15:25 (Ref:66817)   #1
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit of a general question here, but who do you think is going to be the next "big thing", in you're favourite junior class this year. Is there one driver you really expect ot stand out from the crowd?

Let us know what you think.
Old 27 Feb 2001, 18:41 (Ref:67016)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato. 'nuff said.

(or perhaps me, depending on how much I can shave off my Winchester to Combe time... bring on Salisbury Plain!!)
Old 27 Feb 2001, 20:33 (Ref:67046)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to say but I'll be keeping my eye on the Jag boys and Mark Taylor too, to name but a few.
Though there are a lot of newcomers and new teams too with huge financial backing, so it might be wise to reserve judgement till the first few races are over at least - do you realise how excited I am - been waiting for this since October!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 Feb 2001, 20:35 (Ref:67048)   #4
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
I don't think I posted enough rotating smilies...
Old 27 Feb 2001, 20:37 (Ref:67049)   #5
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
hey, that's almost as good as an A1 dance routine!
Old 4 Mar 2001, 08:20 (Ref:68053)   #6
Rob Hogenmiller
Rookie

Rob Hogenmiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time Magazine thinks it might be.....

2000 Karting Formula A Champion Lewis Hamilton

There is a story on www.nationalkarting.com that gives a little more detail.

Thanks Rob
Old 5 Mar 2001, 10:56 (Ref:68421)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Davison in Australian FFord. After a stunning performance at the GP support races, he looks destined for bigger and better things.

For some perspective, he is old GP driver Lex Davison's, grandson.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 12:05 (Ref:68433)   #8
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got to agree with you there Elephino. My question is what the heck is he doing racing FF1600 in Aus, I can't understand why they didn't send him straight to UK FF Zetec.

Ryan Briscoe may be another one to watch, Toyota have just signed him up for a multi year deal on the route to F1. I think the news said he was racing Italian F3000 this year.
Old 23 Mar 2001, 19:18 (Ref:73959)   #9
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The next big thing?

Next few years: Pizzonia, Cochet, Sato, Massa, Davidson, Rossoni, Garcia, Fogarty, Newton-John & Giebler.

Next 5 years:
Rafael Sperafico, Ryan Briscoe, David Fore, Colin Brown and Christian Szymzcak.
Old 24 Mar 2001, 18:40 (Ref:74171)   #10
farcnield

Here does anyone know when the first Fnippon race in japan is?

I have a feeling you`ll be hearing alot of talk after the first few races of Richard Lyons.

A highly under rated racing driver! Glad that he managed to ditch the Porsche drive although i`m not sure weither Mr Woolgar was too pleased, his drivers having lost the seat to Richard and then Richard deciding he`d rather do Nippon!

So whats the story with Kircaldy and German F3?

Old 24 Mar 2001, 21:31 (Ref:74218)   #11
Rob Hogenmiller
Rookie

Rob Hogenmiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Nippon race is today I believe. Qualifying times are posted on www.nationalkarting.com in the Net News section.
Old 25 Mar 2001, 10:34 (Ref:74328)   #12
pv27uk
Racer

pv27uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by farcnield
So whats the story with Kircaldy and German F3?
Supposedly, Andrew is close to a drive with the Swiss Racing Team. According to a quote in Autosport, "It's not looking too bad, now I just need to put the money together."

Was the Swiss racing team the one Ken Grandon drove for last year, alongside Marino Spinozzi? If so, then they were pretty near the back of the grid, with Fiat engines. I hope either my memory is wrong or the engine is better this season.
Old 25 Mar 2001, 13:49 (Ref:74348)   #13
farcnield

I see you mentioned Ken Grandon!

Is that the Irish Driver????
Who used to do alot of kart racing!

Old 25 Mar 2001, 14:32 (Ref:74357)   #14
pv27uk
Racer

I don't know that much about Ken Grandon, but he is Irish.

Came into German F3 a few races into 1999 and stunned everyone by qualifying 4th on a wet track. Got a few top tens in 99, then had a pretty unspectacular season last year, held back by his Fiat engine.

Re Formula Nippon - Richard Lyons came a very impressive 8th on his debut, and Ralph Firman finished 5th.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 13:53 (Ref:74551)   #15
Steve Day
Rookie

Steve Day should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The next driver?
Ok , everybody same the same thing , all the same guys from british F3 .I just have one name , Joao Paulo Oliveira , who is now driving for a swiss team in german F3 championship.I don't know very well the team , but if the car is good it will be a big surprise.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 17:26 (Ref:74585)   #16
pv27uk
Racer

If it's the Swiss Racing Team, the one I've mentioned before, then I'm not convinced how well they'll do. Not sure if they still have Fiat/Novamotor engines, if they do then don't expect too much.

I don't know whether it is this team though. I've heard good things about Joao.
Old 28 Mar 2001, 08:49 (Ref:74908)   #17
explorer
Rookie

explorer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry pv27uk,
but Grandon was driving in the team Ravarotto and not Swiss Racing Team.
Swiss Racing Team is driving with Opel Spiess engine and Tomas Scheckter did in Macau last year 6.place with this team.
J.P. de Oliveira did last week fast lap in Varano during the offical Test and Andrew Kirkaldy was 7 (both Swiss Racing Team).
Old 28 Mar 2001, 13:06 (Ref:74946)   #18
Fraser
Rookie

Fraser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read a lot about Lewis Hamilton and he seems a popular choice in the media anyway.

I think we should let the current 'big thing's ie. Raikkonen and Button prove themselves first before we go predicting the next ones
Old 28 Mar 2001, 17:11 (Ref:75003)   #19
pv27uk
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by explorer
sorry pv27uk,
but Grandon was driving in the team Ravarotto and not Swiss Racing Team.
Swiss Racing Team is driving with Opel Spiess engine and Tomas Scheckter did in Macau last year 6.place with this team.
Thanks for that. It's good news, means J.P and Andrew have been testing for a better team than I thought. The Spiess engines should be good too.
Old 29 Mar 2001, 21:48 (Ref:75331)   #20
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fraser
I've read a lot about Lewis Hamilton and he seems a popular choice in the media anyway.

I think we should let the current 'big thing's ie. Raikkonen and Button prove themselves first before we go predicting the next ones
Lewis Hamilton is basically the favourite because he's in with McLaren. Therefore he's bound to be the next thing, whether he's any good or not.

Although he does seem to have a bit of talent, I must say...
Old 6 Apr 2001, 16:41 (Ref:78144)   #21
Vrooar!
Rookie

Vrooar! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Marshal
Bit of a general question here, but who do you think is going to be the next "big thing"?
I'd say Rudholm (if he does not loose himself in worrying too much about Goranson this year) and Danielson.
Old 7 Apr 2001, 18:17 (Ref:78433)   #22
farcnield

I think you really have to watch out for Sato, at silverstone his aggressive driving was masterful to watch, a little bit more control of it could see him as one of the next big stars.

I do think that Richard Lyons, probably not that well known in Britain, is a very under rated driver and should flurish very well in Japan. Finished 8th in his first ever race after having to start at the back, and dispite having to drive through the field managed top 5 lap times,and to finally to finish not far from Kartha and Ralph, i think thats pretty good going!

Old 9 Apr 2001, 12:24 (Ref:78899)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
tomas schekter's going to be in f1 soon, even if it is because his dad's who he is.

i'd love to see the sperafico twins in f1. that would be very interesting indeed. sato would be dangerous. he needs time to grow up, like juan montoya and nicolas minassian needed and got.

antonio pizzonia has amazing car control, which helped a lot in the lower series, but whether it'll help in f3000 is anyone's guess. he seems to be doing nicely