Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1733432)   #1
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, what will happen...

I really enjoyed So, what will go... thread and I don't think we should give up. So...

Damon Hill said: "Don't ever write that guy off. It's not over 'til it's over. He's going to go into that last race thinking: 'Now, how can I win this and Alonso not score anything?' That's the way he's going to approach it. Otherwise, he's not Michael Schumacher."

I remember Schumacher battles with Hill and Villeneuve for the title.
Why we should think that this time will be different.

'Now, how can I win this and Alonso not score anything?'
So let's help Michael. What would be the most rudiculus way to eliminate Alonso by MS or Ferrari or...
Old 9 Oct 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1733443)   #2
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher can't "eliminate" Alonso, as he also needs to win the race himself.

In 94 and 97 he could play dirty because he was already ahead in the points.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1733449)   #3
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it will be a clean race and Alonso gets the points required although a win would be good to prevent any non -deserving champion comments about equal wins with schumacher. I think the Ferraris will again be dominant in qualifying and Massa will be encouraged to drive aggressively with Alonso in the race.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1733450)   #4
2fast
Rookie

2fast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa. But I doubt he'll risk his reputation. Is Alonso on same engine or brand new?
Old 9 Oct 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1733479)   #5
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Beat me to it eh?

Gnats.
Puking in helmet.
Paris Hilton.
Lump explodes!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1733483)   #6
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I reckon Michael could be as subtle as he wants. I feel he could squeeze him wide into the 1st and 2nd corners or make him touch the wall at the final corner!

Id rather see Michael winning the championship in a dirty way than seeing Alonso win another "dull" championship! I have alot of respect for MS because he makes the racing more exciting!

I worry, the next few seasons will be dull, dull, dull! Kimi walking everything, Alonso n Hamilton not winning a single race in McLarens, Massa maybe getting a look in if Kimi trips up at all.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1733507)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Id rather see Michael winning the championship in a dirty way than seeing Alonso win another "dull" championship! I have alot of respect for MS because he makes the racing more exciting!
Extraordinary. But honest, I suppose.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1733515)   #8
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the start of the race, while Alonso is heading to the first corner, a sniper in the crowd will shoot at Alonso, and miss. Schumacher, starting at the back of the field because of a penalty (he ran onto the track nude to stop drivers setting a time) will see the bullet go over Alonso's head and think "Ah nuts, I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way."

Which we all know he can't do.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 10 Oct 2006, 01:14 (Ref:1733534)   #9
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktoast
Paris Hilton.
In for Sato at Super Aguri?
Old 10 Oct 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1733539)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alonso will find himself starting from the back of the grid,having suffered two mysterious engine failures.The stewards disallow the three best times of all the other drivers for failing to show the correct number on their car (which is of course number five).Pole position has now been positioned half way around the track (apparently,according to the FIA,this will ease congestion going into the first corner).Should it be a wet race all the cars except the pole position car (whomever that may be) will start behind the safety car.And Jean Todt will still not be happy about something.

Last edited by Marbot; 10 Oct 2006 at 01:36.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1733810)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Hmmm, so if Michael were to win the WDC it would be exciting, if Alfonso wins it's dull ?

This year has been exciting because of both Michael and Fernando.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1733818)   #12
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All going well Alonso will spend enough time waving his fist at third drivers in friday practice that he crashes and breaks something.... say his arm or his facial hair.

Then we would have a deserving champion!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1733864)   #13
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Id rather see Michael winning the championship in a dirty way than seeing Alonso win another "dull" championship!
and that way TGF can finally ruin his reputation and prove without doubt that he is a cheating ****.

Whoever wins this championship it definately hasn't been 'dull', the best for many many years, why would it be dull if Alonso rather than TGF wins? we've all witnessed TGF winning many dull championships 2002 & 2004 spring to mind. Last year wasn't dull and this year has far surpassed that.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1734220)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nothing dull about this championship at all, although it did threaten it at one stage!

I doubt Michael will try anything, he has nothing to gain. It is his last race and he will want to go out on a high with a win. Colliding with Fernando would jeapordise that aim.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1734277)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think MS will ever try a a repeat of '94 or '97 as that will be what he is most remembered for. And even he, for someone who says they are not interested in statistic and whatnot, will not want to be remembered for taking out his rival as his lasting image.

He will try his hardest, there is no doubting that, but he will be clean (or as clean as can be while pushing that envelope...)
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1734279)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
His clumsy tactics have always came when he has been defending something. Defending slender championship leads at Jerez and Adelaide, defending pole at Monaco etc...

He has nothing to defend this weekend except his last race and the image it projects.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1734287)   #17
ANT1...
Rookie

England
Medway, North Kent
ANT1... should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt Michael will try anything, he has nothing to gain Knowlesy
Nothing to gain?? Does the title not count?
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1734294)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

My point was that a dodgy move would result in a permanently destroyed image and probable loss of the race win, which would mean no title for Ferrari or Michael.

Would he risk that? I don't think so. Not at all, unless he is stupid.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1734307)   #19
ANT1...
Rookie

England
Medway, North Kent
ANT1... should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its possible
Old 10 Oct 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1734331)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He has to win...so if he tries to push Alonso off the road there is a good chance that he himself will be knocked out and he wont gain anything except a permenantly damaged reputation. Nope i dont think Ferrari will try anthing dirty....most likely Schumacher will look to sign off his career on the top step
Old 10 Oct 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1734417)   #21
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktoast
Beat me to it eh?

Gnats.
Puking in helmet.
Paris Hilton.
Lump explodes!

Good point Slicktoast. Just to make sure, let's have Paris and Nicole...... That should do it.

Cheers,

RT
Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1734508)   #22
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc H
All going well Alonso will spend enough time waving his fist at third drivers in friday practice that he crashes and breaks something.... say his arm or his facial hair.

Then we would have a deserving champion!

Alonso not a deserving champion?

The man had the most dominant first half to the season in F1 history and has been faultless pretty much all year.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1741196)   #23
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just read about dogs chasing F1 cars 2 years ago.
Maybe this year TGF will bring some... say german sheperds "kamikaze" instruated to chase and disrupt run of blue-yellow cars.

Or by the way "Kamikaze" maybe Todt will promise Sato a race seat in the second Ferrari team if ever created for ignoring blue flags and some dirty fights.

and that's not a bashing post. I personally think that the best TGF can do is to be fair to the last corner.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1741307)   #24
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outflat
Alonso not a deserving champion?

The man had the most dominant first half to the season in F1 history and has been faultless pretty much all year.
But he threw it away the rest of the championship!

Somewhere on this thread or on another thread it says Alonso is winning the championship because MS's engine blew up! Fact! In anybodys book that is no way to win a championship!

I reckon Massa will pick-up a puncture and drive into Alonso in the process!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1741316)   #25
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most ridiculous way for Schu to win? Gotta be the Ferrari-powered Doornbos driving into Alonso at some point during the race, probably at the end, and then made to look by the FIA that Alonso, in no uncertain terms, was at fault, despite the fact that Doornbos came half way across the track to hit him. What would be even funnier (as a pro-Alonso, anti-Schu guy) is Schu either getting passed by Massa, an engine failure, or Rubens beating both of them, waving his middle finger at Schu in the process