Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 May 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1623006)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Hungaroring challenge

Here's the challenge ... turn this awful track in to something at least good.

Here's my entry...

1) Turn 2 bypassed with a fast 90 degree.
2) New hairpins.
3) Last corner approach now faster, and it's a 90 degree.
Attached Thumbnails
hungaoring.PNG  
Old 30 May 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1623157)   #2
Helicon_One
Rookie

Helicon_One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this?

I didn't mean to make it look like a bird taking off, honest!

Potential overtaking spots at T1, 5 and 11, and a few fast sweeping corners.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Hungaroring1.jpg  
Old 31 May 2006, 11:43 (Ref:1623722)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's what I'd do to it.

I've tried to keep it as acheivable as possible
Attached Thumbnails
Hungaroring copy.jpg  
Old 31 May 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1623735)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damn...edit time ran out. I've just realised that the google Maps image is out of date and T1 has already been altered
Old 31 May 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1623761)   #5
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have loads of these:

The 1st one:

No. 2

No. 3

I also did a strange ovaley edit a few months back

Old 31 May 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1623764)   #6
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check out this thread:

Hungaroring
Old 31 May 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1623892)   #7
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can find my attempt here...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=5490
Old 2 Jun 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1625078)   #8
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres mine again:

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 17 Aug 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1685014)   #9
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
Heres mine again:

I have double feelings about the hungaroring. It's quite obvious that in it's current form there's almost no way to pass with f1-cars. I hate it for that and normally don't watch the gp (luckily i did this year).

On the other hand even though there is no racing/passing, I do feel that it looks great when cars actually drive the track. The landscape, the massive wall of fans on the last turn and front straight, the way the cars handle the chicanes, etc. Yes, i find this part of the track quite interesting, and think it is good that F1 has some slow tracks as well.

But i would love to see the track adjusted to get an extra passing opportunity, without altering the track structure to much.

I must say that the track by Alwaysfirst looks great, but i do have some remarks.
The adjustments to corner 3 til 5 are exactly what i would do as well. It basically changes these turns into a 800m straight with some little bends.

I don't understand the logic behind what you did with turns 6-7. This will result in a straight line of maximum 500 meter, which offers only a slim chance for passing, makes the track easier and less interesting to drive and really changes the character of the circuit into more of a faster course. If the hungaroring would not exist i'd prefer you're solution above the hungaroring's, but since the track does exist and i dont want to change the character unless it offers real improvements i would leave it the way it is.
**Edit:No, i've been thinking about it and i don't like this part, and really prefer the track in it's current form.

As for the part up to the last corner. I think it is cool. I'm not sure about the safety of this turn for f1, but it sure does look cool. And as a total your track looks great. Unfortunately it also does change the character of the circuit from slow to fast, and i don't prefer that (and i actually like the last part of the track, i feel it is demanding for a driver). Therefor i would keep it the same as well.

So basically my suggestion for a change to hungaroring would be the adjustment to corners 3-4-5 as Alwaysfirst suggested. It would offer a 2nd passing spot, but i must admit it would still be a track where it is very hard to pass.

Last edited by Roninho; 17 Aug 2006 at 13:09.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1685040)   #10
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my go
Attached Thumbnails
hungaroring edit.PNG  
Old 17 Aug 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1685343)   #11
pgm
Rookie

pgm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that last turn cannot be in this mode because there's no the space for a more large "street of escape", since in that case the cars arrive more fast.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 13:31 (Ref:1780934)   #12
£123
Rookie

Antarctica
£123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is my edit..... $ .... ...........

I made turn four faster. Removed the section with the chicane, added a lefthander followed by a hairpin and a long, long straight which leads down to a tight turn with good overtaking possibilities.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1780950)   #13
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice idea, but i don't think there'll be any where near enough runoff at the end of that back straight.