Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will won the 07 Fujitsu Series
Andrew Thompson 12 33.33%
Marcus Zukanovic 1 2.78%
Michael Caruso 3 8.33%
Tony D'Alberto 1 2.78%
Nathan Pretty 3 8.33%
Damien White 2 5.56%
Grant Denyer 4 11.11%
Jack Elsegood 2 5.56%
Matthew White 1 2.78%
Jonathan Webb 2 5.56%
TBA 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jan 2007, 00:46 (Ref:1804394)   #1
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will win the 2007 Fujitsu Series

There is a poll and great debate on who will win the V8 Supercar Series, and I thought the Fujitsu Series was worthy of its own poll
Old 3 Jan 2007, 01:40 (Ref:1804403)   #2
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a bit early for this isn't it. Jack Perkins may still be running in the Fujitsu's he'd have to be one of the favorites, Is Thompson with DJR ??? I heard that DJR weren't running this year if so that would hurt Thompsons chances !!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 01:46 (Ref:1804405)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Thompson is running an HRT VZ... one of several in the series...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Jan 2007, 02:01 (Ref:1804409)   #4
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, well that's probably a boost for his chances then !!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 02:13 (Ref:1804412)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about Mr Denyer, is he still with DJR or going on his own and what about his falcon?
Old 3 Jan 2007, 02:40 (Ref:1804418)   #6
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep an eye on Sam Walter driving a Holden out of the Tasman motorsports garage.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 02:46 (Ref:1804424)   #7
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my money is on TBA.........a great driver with many opportunities this year according to the lists that float around here.........
Old 3 Jan 2007, 03:04 (Ref:1804430)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
What about Mr Denyer, is he still with DJR or going on his own and what about his falcon?
The powder room reported Mr Denyer down Albury way most recently, although no deal has been announced....
Old 3 Jan 2007, 03:05 (Ref:1804431)   #9
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Mr Thompson is running an HRT VZ... one of several in the series...
Wow, thats great news. I voted for him anyway as i think his form at the end of 06 was fantatsic. I thought he was going to be in Howard Racing's car replacing Macrow. Good Stuff!

I put him on the list, but I don't think Denyer really will ever threaten for the Championship IMO. Close, but...

My tips for top 5 are:
Thompson
D.White/Caruso to split 2nd and 3rd
M.White/Pretty to split 4th and 5th
Old 3 Jan 2007, 03:16 (Ref:1804434)   #10
GtiMagic
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The powder room reported Mr Denyer down Albury way most recently, although no deal has been announced....
With one of the bosses of BOC being married to a Summit Fleet senior there is good reason for the visit I would have thought. The Mad Dog probably deserves a better seat than that though.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 07:40 (Ref:1804514)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Whispers from the powder room suggest that Mr Thompson has found himself an interesting newly inked deal for himself in 2007 in the development series.

Having kicked the tyres at the House of Walkinshaw, it appears that the drawcard of a recent spec ex-888 chassis, and DJR "works" powerplants has kept Mr Thompson on the blue side of the fence....

It seems that the Howard Racing operation has found itself a more than able replacement for both sponsor Betta Electrical, and 2006 series champion Adam Macrow.

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 3 Jan 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1804515)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
last time BJR raced the fujitsu series, they won the championship. cant be too bad a seat
Old 4 Jan 2007, 05:46 (Ref:1805798)   #13
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
last time BJR raced the fujitsu series, they won the championship. cant be too bad a seat
no last time was 2005 came 24th in the championship completed 2 round only.
The driver was Dale Brede not Andrew Jones.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 06:29 (Ref:1805810)   #14
Intrepid
Racer

New Zealand
Intrepid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pither
Old 4 Jan 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1805817)   #15
GtiMagic
Racer

TBA is rating well. Go you good thing...

As for the White's, seemingly no one has bothered selecting them as potential winners. Matthew hs been around for some time and seems to be improving his in house engines, so he may just surprise a few. As for his name sharing, height sharing, glasses sharing and at one point Britek sharing (did they share fathers?) mate Damien he sure did surprise me at PI and with his results in utes along with apparently having a good techinical relationship with PMM (can you add to that GTRMagic?) he should also be a threat for some race wins I would have thought.

I am surprised to see JWebb has 2 votes at this stage. I added him to the list as I thought with it being an SBR car it deserved inclusion, but i'm not convinced the driver is ready for it.

And what of the mighty Italian Caruso, surely he deserves more than one early vote - ditto D'Alberto.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 07:34 (Ref:1805834)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well if the rumours are true, then theer is very little chance of D'Alberto winning as he wont be racing
Old 4 Jan 2007, 11:43 (Ref:1806000)   #17
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there will be better racing in this series than the main game. Should be plenty of different winners too.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1806667)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
And what of the mighty Italian Caruso, surely he deserves more than one early vote - ditto D'Alberto.
Is Mr Caruso running his ex-SBR BA this year, or has he been selected to run the ex-LMS 'Grate' car?
Old 5 Jan 2007, 01:33 (Ref:1806745)   #19
Fireball
Rookie

Australia
Thomastown
Fireball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thompson will have a crack (not sure what team with though if DJR will be a chance ), so will Web in a SBR machine, Pretty should be up there abouts, didnt realy impress last year in a rather good car, Marcus Zukanovic...um not sure, will be under the fast guys nose, Denyer - no wont win, D'Alberto could be a chance..for mine, Thompson or Web at this early stage....
Old 5 Jan 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1806920)   #20
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
well if the rumours are true, then theer is very little chance of D'Alberto winning as he wont be racing
This has been mentioned a few times on here, but there has never been any indication of where he is supposed to be going.... theoretically into the main series, but where? The rumour has never elaborated on that!
Old 5 Jan 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1806930)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There are a couple of seats announced in the press, and not necessarily by the team... which may just fall over at the last minute... facilitating a move
Old 5 Jan 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1807455)   #22
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone care to de-crypt that and provide a list of sources for announcements? AFAIK PCR still have not made an announcement despite Bowe having done so. Who else?
Old 5 Jan 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1807562)   #23
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Jack Elsegood, being female who wouldn't, sorry Jack but I know you saw me looking at EC
Old 6 Jan 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1807874)   #24
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Grant Denyer will win the series. His consistency and aggression is unquestionable and with a good car, he would pinch the title.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 01:12 (Ref:1808614)   #25
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If he's racing at all...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen