Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 26 May 2007, 21:28 (Ref:1921780)   #1
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pau

Off to Pau next week for WTCC and while doing some Accomodation Research came across an interesting Video with some really nice shots from the late thirties to 60's of the what was then The Grand Prix De Pau. Link Below. Especially like the racing as it's snowing (if only nowadays!!)

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=...:en%26pwst%3D1
Old 26 May 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1921821)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It snowed at Spa when we were there in April last year !
Old 27 May 2007, 06:36 (Ref:1921885)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddockman
Off to Pau next week for WTCC and while doing some Accomodation Research came across an interesting Video with some really nice shots from the late thirties to 60's of the what was then The Grand Prix De Pau. Link Below. Especially like the racing as it's snowing (if only nowadays!!)

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=...:en%26pwst%3D1
Pau GP was held at Easter until 1963.Early pre -war ones I think were even earlier as Monaco GP was at easter.I expected this thread to be a discussion of the historic meeting on this weekend
Can't imagine why you would want snow for the WTCC? I remember the F1 Race of Champions at Brands Hatch being cancelled due to snow.
Old 27 May 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1921928)   #4
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Pau GP was held at Easter until 1963.Early pre -war ones I think were even earlier as Monaco GP was at easter.I expected this thread to be a discussion of the historic meeting on this weekend
Can't imagine why you would want snow for the WTCC? I remember the F1 Race of Champions at Brands Hatch being cancelled due to snow.

Just a generalised comment on the modern day over the top "Nanny State" in motorsport re: Safety Car Starts, Blue flag rules, etc etc etc!
Old 28 May 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1922662)   #5
Edgar Jessop
Rookie

Edgar Jessop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that great link, Paddockman! Though snow at Easter is nothing special - you ever done Easter Thruxton? I definitely remember the snow was coming in horizontally in 1994.

At the end of the video the commentary talks about "Grah'm Hill, Jackie Stewart, Jean Pierre Beltoise, Servoz Gavin etcetera" in 1969 but surely that long haired, big nosed gonk in the picture is Bill Ivy not J.Y. Stewart? Or can someone tell me who else it is?
Old 28 May 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1922694)   #6
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Ivy League!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Jessop
Thanks for that great link, Paddockman! Though snow at Easter is nothing special - you ever done Easter Thruxton? I definitely remember the snow was coming in horizontally in 1994.

At the end of the video the commentary talks about "Grah'm Hill, Jackie Stewart, Jean Pierre Beltoise, Servoz Gavin etcetera" in 1969 but surely that long haired, big nosed gonk in the picture is Bill Ivy not J.Y. Stewart? Or can someone tell me who else it is?
I agree with you, I think that it is Bill Ivy rather than JYS.

I also noticed they got the 1935 winner wrong, the caption says it is Nuvolari but it looks nothing like the great man.

Never the less a cracking film.