Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2001, 18:34 (Ref:90364)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
montoya admits he has problem

from itv-f1.com

Montoya admits he has been trying to improve his diet since moving across from ChampCars. But he admitted he had not been able to shake off his Frosties habit.

He said: "I eat a lot of pasta. But for breakfast I have cereal. I eat a lot of Frosties."

i nearly passed out laughing... can't you just hear him saying it? ok. i'll...er, go stand in the corner for a while oh dear.... *wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

Last edited by bella; 8 May 2001 at 18:34.
Old 8 May 2001, 19:27 (Ref:90406)   #2
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As funny as it is I find it a bit disturbing being a bit of a JPM fan. If this was the first time that his diet and fitness popped up I would have no problems dismissing it but I have seen it at least 3 times even way back in pre-season testing.

I know that he has a lot of talent but I am begining to wonder if he is as committed to F1 as he should be.

On the otherhand maybe he likes having visions of Tony the Tiger saying "You're grrreaaat!" while he is sweating away in the car.
Old 8 May 2001, 19:42 (Ref:90418)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prof. Watkins in his book recalls seeing Niki Lauda chowing down one morning, blissfully surrounded by a fog of calories and grease, and pointing out to him that nothing on the table was actually on the diet which Lauda's dietician had laid out for him. To which Lauda replied, "You don't want me to die hungry, do you?"

Great minds....
Old 8 May 2001, 21:02 (Ref:90472)   #4
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fan

I'm waiting for a throwback, who'll smoke, drink, dance the hoochy koo, and trounce all these health and fitness addicts. It must be a heck of a lot of fun prancing around on the podium to justify living like a monk, eating like a rabbit, and spending every waking hour in a gym.

It's enough to make one root for an unreformed Scheckter, Button, or Montoya to restore a little balance by beating the health freaks on a regular basis. How fit must one be to beat Schumacher? Not as fit as Schumacher, I'm sure, if the talent is there.
Old 8 May 2001, 21:44 (Ref:90519)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I read book, that back in 87, Prost, Piquet and Senna were sitting at the same table for dinner (I can't remember where...), and despite the expressed rivalrity among each other, asked exactly the same food : PASTA. For the other's guests surprise.
Old 8 May 2001, 23:00 (Ref:90544)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I read book, that back in 87, Prost, Piquet and Senna were sitting at the same table for dinner (I can't remember where...), and despite the expressed rivalrity among each other, asked exactly the same food : PASTA. For the other's guests surprise.
They must have been sitting at Vince's Deli at New Farm best pasta in the world!!
Old 9 May 2001, 22:17 (Ref:90846)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good choice VB !!

But with the book in hand....

It really was 86, the country was Austria, 2 days before the GP... It was a celebration of Piquet's birthday, hosted by Honda. Piquet's girlfriend Princess Stephanie was present.
Old 10 May 2001, 16:39 (Ref:91040)   #8
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pasta should be no surprise. High in Carbs low in fat... It is a staple of most athelete diets.

The question I have is who ate the most?
Old 10 May 2001, 16:44 (Ref:91042)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Good question !

Tags
jpm