Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Feb 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1221360)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How Will Webber react if NH trounces Him?

For some reason I can't see Webber taking it in a very sporting way.

I'm not suggesting that Nick will prove convincingly that he is the better driver, but I do feel that the possibility exists.

Webber is already being a bit overthe top in some of his comments. example: -
In this F1 Racing article the title is "Webber - 'I'd pack it in' "

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=76456

meaning he'd pack it in if the FIA made more changes. He has never even had a podium much less a win. TGF has multiple Championships and he's has not offerred the smallest complaint about the new regulations.

I think that part of Webber's frustration might have to do with pressure from NH.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1221363)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NH will come out on top over the season, I believe.

Mark will make more unforced errors than Nick.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1221367)   #3
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am not convinced that either is a world class driver but NH will proove to the better of the two. I forsee plenty of tantrums from MW .
Old 9 Feb 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1221368)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark should shut up and drive.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1221376)   #5
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same way he reacted when pizzonia managed to outshine him at jaguar on very rare occasions, excuses excuses. WHEN nick beats him, he will make up poor excuses for his lack of pace. i like webber. he is a competant driver but he is too over rated. he gets good press not because he amazes in races but he comes across as a nice guy.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1221386)   #6
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course Nick will occasionally be in front of Mark but I really don't see it happening too regularly but Mark is a pretty determined kind of guy & I think if he was falling behind he'd push himself & work even harder & come out on top.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1221392)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heidfeld doesn't seem to have the edge that makes a very good driver a great one. All the same, I can see his duel with Webber being one of the more interesting team-mate battles, and it should be close between them. Webber has had things his own way in terms of team-mates so far, with a clear advantage over them all in both F1 and F3000. If Webber loses out, it'll be a shock to him, but I think he'll react well to it and retain his obvious dignity and character.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1221398)   #8
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still don't understand why Williams chose Webber, I think Pizz and Heidfeld would have been the stronger drivers.

What results has Webber ever had in a race to make him worthy of a Williams drive?
At least Heidfeld has had a pod.

I for one will actually be suprised if Webber lasts the season in the Williams team.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1221400)   #9
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What planet are you living on, Esor??!

Clearly Webber was much better than Pizzonia. I think it will be close between Webber and Heidfeld all season, and in my opinion, they made the correct driver choice.

Last edited by DriverT; 9 Feb 2005 at 22:18.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1221410)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who knows?

And at this point of the year, who cares?

And I know Frank Williams isn't going to give a hoot who is in front as long as the car is competitive and they are both racing at the front.

The only way he will care is if there is a consistently gross imbalance in pace.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1221417)   #11
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Who knows?

And I know Frank Williams isn't going to give a hoot who is in front as long as the car is competitive and they are both racing at the front.

The only way he will care is if there is a consistently gross imbalance in pace.

Hmm, not entirely sure I agree with that bolded comment. JPM and Ralf, by all reports, didn't get along with each other, and maybe Sir Frank thought that they weren't extracting enough from their cars and their talents because they concentrated too much on what each other was being paid, and the friction that generated.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1221419)   #12
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
What an absolute rubbish thread.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1221420)   #13
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have never seen Mark ever crack a tantrum so I can't see that being the case.

It will be close between, let's hope the car is good enough to see them both up the front.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1221444)   #14
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
What an absolute rubbish thread.
Yep, right up there with Jos the Boss...
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1221448)   #15
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
NH will top him....

Last edited by Super Tourer; 10 Feb 2005 at 08:38. Reason: His appearance has nothing to do with it.....
Old 9 Feb 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1221454)   #16
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber will come out on top.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1221466)   #17
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure BMW would be keen to see NH as the unofficial 'lead' driver too. I think it will be close between the two, but history has generally shown at Williams that the stronger personality will ultimately win out. Heidfeld seems an easy-going, laid back and generally likeable bloke whereas Webber appears to have somewhat of a chip on his shoulder.

Nick needs to get his race face on and start pulling up some trees.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1221484)   #18
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick isnt easy-going, i recommend you read the latest Theissen interview
Old 9 Feb 2005, 23:43 (Ref:1221485)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To answer the question: Mark will react badly if Heidfeld trounces him. In the nature of the sport, how else is he meant to react? "oh well I always knew I was kidding people?"

Old 10 Feb 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1221504)   #20
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think this tread is a tad of a over reaction . JV is saying the same thing about the tyre rules I think there both right
IMHO I think Nick will be a tad quicker over the flying lap but the race Mark will have it all his way

I also think both driver will work together just fine
Old 10 Feb 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1221509)   #21
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Who knows?

Agreed.... 'trounce' will not apply in any outcome between these 2 drivers. I also think Nick will come out ahead through consistency but it will hardly be a trouncing.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 01:09 (Ref:1221534)   #22
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
To be honest, I just can't see NH being any kind of threat. Webber has very quickly established himself as the Alpha driver, espeicially with Sam Micheal and FW who will be the ones who count. What is interesting is that he's done it in a very Shumacher style. If he can convert this tactical position through the season into one where the team builds and operates the car around him and him alone, then he's got a shot at Ferrari. Unless Webber develops a very severe case of the yips, Heidfeld is going to have a hard time being anything more than a reliable pair of hands who will mop up points for the constructors champs and try out development parts in the beemer lumps.

In fact I would go as far as to say that the worst possible thing that could happen to Williams this year is that Heidfeld turns out to be on a par or better than Webber. That would just lead to more driver squabbling. Which is why for Williams, not getting Button or Davison might just be a blessing in disguise. I suspect a workmanlike journeyman like Heidfeld might just be ideal.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 02:11 (Ref:1221562)   #23
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is with a great deal of amusement that I have read this thread so far. I have no idea where anyone got the idea that MW was even capable of a temper tanturm. If you look back through his career, he has faced massive adversary and set backs with a cheerful and positive demeanour. Not even Mercedes blaming him for destroying their CLK-GTR could deter him from getting on with the job (a statement they quickly retracted once the same thing happened to another driver).

Whilst I understand that it is in a Poms genetic make up to do everything they can to belittle us colonials, even I thought that this thread was a little beneath them.

Besides, he's got a bunch of colonials alongside to back him up.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 02:23 (Ref:1221564)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky

Whilst I understand that it is in a Poms genetic make up to do everything they can to belittle us colonials, even I thought that this thread was a little beneath them.

Besides, he's got a bunch of colonials alongside to back him up.
So we'll support the German then! Don't think iv'e read anything in this thread that belittles MW or any other driver, that just wouldn't be cricket.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 02:24 (Ref:1221565)   #25
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah this thread is rather pitifull
Not so much the original question but all those obvious webber haters that are showing their frustration(?)
Closed Thread