Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1433615)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Minardi's new name

Will be "Squadra Toro Rosso."

Italian for Team Red Bull.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1433663)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the same logic, people in Germany buy records by Kalte Spiel or the Zuckerbabys, do they?
Old 14 Oct 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1433717)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A rubbish name, that!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1433720)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's very clever.

Looks like the Toro Rosso drivers will be V Liuzzi and S Speed
Old 14 Oct 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1433721)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like it
Old 14 Oct 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1433730)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Clever?

You mean they got Einstein or someone in to think of a name that could link an Italian team with Red Bull?

Amazing.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1433747)   #7
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
By the same logic, people in Germany buy records by Kalte Spiel or the Zuckerbabys, do they?
Well, I buy records by The Sugarcubes. (And, erm, Powerplant.)
Old 14 Oct 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1433780)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it.Let's hope Ferrari doesn't use it to name one of their cars.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1433784)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Team Idranim would have been good!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1433790)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Yes,because for the last 20 years they've been going backwards.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1433794)   #11
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It certainly is different. How will they come to be referred? Possibly "STR"
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1433796)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Or "The team formerly known as Minardi".
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1433806)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would've prefered it if they'd cut the crap and called it Red Bull Racing II.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1433809)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Yes,because for the last 20 years they've been going backwards.
a bit unkind, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Or "The team formerly known as Minardi
or Tea for Min F1, for short! Sorry, I shouldn't be encouraging this sort of thing on a serious thread!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1433821)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
It certainly is different. How will they come to be referred? Possibly "STR"

They'll be referred to as Toro Rosso, much the same as the other team is referred to as Red Bull
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1433831)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, and if they become a middle order team we can shorten it to Torso!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1433833)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I like it! Il Toro... Reminds me of one of my favourite football teams of the past - Torino!

Anyhow, STR is a nice acronymn...
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1433836)   #18
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't the Italian's already call Red Bull - Toro Rosso though/therefore? Won't that get remarkably confusing (for them)?

So no rookie, junior etc. just the italian version. Seems a little daft to be fair - it does sound nice, but I don't think it'll work or be practical.

Hasn't Red Bull started on any other products it can promote yet anyway?
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1433840)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know about the Zuckerbabys, but how about Team Sugar Free Red Bull? Although I suppose they wouldn't perform as well?
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1433843)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Don't the Italian's already call Red Bull - Toro Rosso though/therefore? Won't that get remarkably confusing (for them)?

So no rookie, junior etc. just the italian version. Seems a little daft to be fair - it does sound nice, but I don't think it'll work or be practical.

Hasn't Red Bull started on any other products it can promote yet anyway?

Red Bull in Italy is called Red Bull.

"Daft"? "Won't work"? "Not practical"?

Why do we all think we know better than the people who actually put their money where their mouths are?
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1433845)   #21
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would have worked so much better if they had a Lamborghini engine...
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1433855)   #22
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It all sounds like Toro Merda to me.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1433860)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes, and if they become a middle order team we can shorten it to Torso!
Quote:
Have you overdosed on vitamins today, or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Why do we all think we know better than the people who actually put their money where their mouths are?
I don't think having a personal opinion about what you would prefer necessarily means you disagree with the effectiveness of a decision.

For example, I would have prefered if they just called it Red Bull Racing II, but that does not mean I am claiming it would be more effective marketing in Italy (or Uzbekistan, or wherever).

It is just I, personally, am unconcerned with their marketing strategies and, therefore, would prefer the team was called RBRII because that is what it is. It isn't a big deal, though, they can call themsevles what they want. Blue Monkey Slides would be fine, whatever, I will call them by what they call themselves.

I just don't think to disagree must automatically involve questioning the effectiveness of a decision.

I realise the quote I take is a response to someone who was specifically questioning the effectiveness of their strategy, but your response referred to everybody, not just that one person, therefore I was addressing that aspect.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1433867)   #24
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whatever about the name, its a real pity they can't get Ferrari engines and the RBR chassis. Tonio and Scott Speed are going to be bookending the grid without the fans' affectionate sympathy for a team with no money... 'cause they'll have tons. Maybe Dirty Massiveshiets should do what Honda-Suzuki [sorry forgot the Super Aguri bit] are doing and craftily sell the rights on an iteration of the 2006 RBR to his second team.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1433872)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I don't think I know better KB.

I just think it's a crap name.

It's an opinion.