Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:05 (Ref:76694)   #1
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the year so far a few drivers are standing out as also rans when they are paid to be up with the best..

Villeneuve: A disaster since moving to BAR for money reasons and has many times driven like an idiot..with Zonta there it was hidden in the car not being very good but Panis has shown that Villeneuve is fresh out of talent that he had in 97 and in it for money.

Irvine: Mouthy and critical of every other driver other than himself, a £6 million contract to Jaguar has lost his talent, again it was hidden in an awful car in 2000 with him getting the better of Herbert but Burti has proven more consistant than Irvine at a fraction of the money. Irvine will go at the end of 2001...

Hakkinen..Golden contract but has 1 point so far although car problems are the main cause, paid 4 times as much as Coulthard and going nowhere..

Barichello: Driving like a bloke late for a meeting in the centre of London, has adopted the style of punting people of the track rather than the old fashioned way of ovetaking, has the results but is he worth the money and hype?
Old 2 Apr 2001, 23:43 (Ref:76792)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some drivers are overpayed, some underpayed...anyway they don't have any financial problems. With allt the risk they take they can get some money for it, don't you think? See what happened to JV at Melbourne. He could have been killed easily when his car would have turned away in another direction. For that shock he deserves some mones...lol.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 02:08 (Ref:76827)   #3
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really think your wrong about JV!!! This is a guy that could be driving for McLaren right now for a lot more money and a much better car, but he didn't, he stuck up for his beliefs and is trying something out with BAR and Honda. How many other drivers would have passed up a spot at one of the top teams??? Nobody that's who. Stop hating on JV!!! As far as talent goes he's one if not the best out there! You say he drives foolishly I say he drives with guts and a strong determination to win which sometimes overpowers the crappy car he is in. As I have said BAR is still improving and once they get that car right, which will be soon, Jacques will be WDC again, by 2003 at the latest (just in case you haven't heard in my other posts but I want everyone to know I called it).
Money??? If Jacques was in it for the money he would have gone to McLaren, dressed up like a little preppy and done their PR bidding, while winning races at the same time! Jacques wants to win, but on his terms, and he will.