Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Mar 2002, 09:26 (Ref:237185)   #1
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What utter stupidity!!!

The award for being a total airhead goes to............Takuma Sato, for forgetting where the brake pedal was and ramming his own team-mate!!
I think Eddie Jordan needs to be looking up Justin Wilsons phone number!!

Last edited by OVERSTEER; 17 Mar 2002 at 09:28.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 09:27 (Ref:237189)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it was rather funny
Old 17 Mar 2002, 09:29 (Ref:237195)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
don't suppose that eddie and fisi are best pleased! he'll come good in the end tho!
Old 17 Mar 2002, 09:30 (Ref:237198)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taku....Ouch!
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 17 Mar 2002, 09:56 (Ref:237264)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato's F1 career is not off to a good start. As a fan of GF and TS it's really hard to see incidents like this.

I hope TS can pull through this and start to show the potential I believe he has. It's not going to be long before he forgets the person he was last year in f3, right now he's probably still living off of that confidence and is still a little cocky.

This must also be really tough for Fisi, seeing Ralf win - the man he beat in the same car in 1997. Plus seeing the team he spent 4 years developing ahead of him fighting for podiums while he's back to square one at Jordan with an even crappier car.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 10:07 (Ref:237284)   #6
DavyboyLT1
Racer

DavyboyLT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure that this was not the kind of St. Patrick's day that Eddie Jordon was hoping for.......
Old 17 Mar 2002, 10:20 (Ref:237301)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I've been saying for months that Eddie Jordan should have given the drive to Wilson - that sort of proves my point.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Mar 2002, 10:47 (Ref:237327)   #8
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One spring does not a swallow make...
Old 17 Mar 2002, 10:49 (Ref:237328)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell
One spring does not a swallow make...
Don't you mean "spling" and "swarrow"?
Old 17 Mar 2002, 11:38 (Ref:237376)   #10
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dearie, dearie me!

All together now ...

"When Irish eye's are similing...."
Old 17 Mar 2002, 13:30 (Ref:237441)   #11
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I've put my money on Jordans taking points!

Wish I could lay my hands on him now!
Old 17 Mar 2002, 14:06 (Ref:237459)   #12
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And how about Alex Yoong?, I thought even Minardi had mirrors on the car, all; those people who were waving blue flags and he closed the door on Irvine!
Old 17 Mar 2002, 14:50 (Ref:237480)   #13
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Eddie hadn't pulled even with Alex going into that turn, and should have backed off. Alex, though, had no right to close the door on him, and obviously has zero depth perception.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:23 (Ref:237539)   #14
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Yoong was poor today. Poor Eddie was running remarkably well given his torrid qualifying.

And as for Sato.... just IMAGINE the team briefing!! Nightmare start to the year....
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:36 (Ref:237547)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That TOYOTA pitstop costing McNish a certain 6th wasn't too clever either. Its early in the season, they're far fronm their bases and have been on the road for weeks. Its inevitable that sloppiness will affect at least the second tirer teams. I think Sato's apology to Fisichella will put this in the past. Recall that in Canada last year, Fisi ran into the back of his teammate Button. It happens. Its not very clever, but it happens.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:43 (Ref:237558)   #16
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always defended EJ in getting Sato. I still feel that there will be something there. That was a boneheaded move. However I dont think that they were very competitive. Did GF fall that far back or did Sato move up?
Old 17 Mar 2002, 16:51 (Ref:237568)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giancarlo had to wait for 2 laps until the team had repaired his rear wing(they did Sato's front wing first, and a rear wing is a lot harder to replace)
Old 17 Mar 2002, 18:18 (Ref:237653)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not the best of starts for taku , and yes i agree it would have also had been good to see Justin in the Jordan as well , but i'm sure Justin is capable of making the same kind of mistakes as well.. Give Taku some time , drivers like him are the future of F1 , and anyway , remember the kind of mistakes that Little Schumi made in his debut for Jordan , and he went on to win today !
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:18 (Ref:237716)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Sato does not deserve the drive. This is a seat based on nationality, not ability... Sato drives , while Alonso tests <sigh>
..I know, he's a rookie... Lets hope it was a one-off.
Forza Giancarlo!

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 17 Mar 2002 at 19:20.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:27 (Ref:237729)   #20
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse me... But Sato DOES deserve the drive.

If you had seen him drive in the last two years of british F3 you would see what I mean....

Last edited by MGF; 17 Mar 2002 at 19:28.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:34 (Ref:237734)   #21
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One can only hope that sometime this year we will see what you guys are talking about, so far he is not inspiring a hell of alot of confidence.............
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:39 (Ref:237737)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by MGF
Excuse me... But Sato DOES deserve the drive.

If you had seen him drive in the last two years of british F3 you would see what I mean....
Hmm,

Along those lines then you would have expected Senna, Prost, Mansell, Brundle and Warwick and the others who graduated straight from F3 to F1 to have taken their team mates out as well. Don't recall them doing that so I'm afraid his F3 experience isn't enough for me. He's frankly a bit talentless when compared to Button and Raikonnen to name but two.

Eddie should give the drive to Wilson.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 21:12 (Ref:237802)   #23
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallett. I can't pretend to agree. Try hitting yourself with a ruler or a wooden spoon JUST below your kneecap....
Old 17 Mar 2002, 21:29 (Ref:237812)   #24
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gotta say the replay of the incident was certainly funny. When I saw both Jordans pull into the pit lane - I thought we would be in for some entertainment!

Sato hasnt had the best start to a grand prix career. I think Jordan got him because of Honda bottom line - but that is not to say he doesent have potential. It was a rookie mistake. Fisicella was'nt exactly Mr.Innocent either during his first 2 seasons so I reckon Sato should'nt be too upset.

I think the biggest moron out on the track was Alex Yooung. I dont know what he thought he was doing and why he didnt get a penalty for turning into a car that was lapping him.

Irvine said Panis screwed him in qualifying - but it looks as if Yooung screwed him even more. I was surprised that Eddie was relatively calm after the shunt though - I sort of expected him to go on a tirade!
Old 17 Mar 2002, 21:39 (Ref:237819)   #25
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Alex Yoong was poor today. Poor Eddie was running remarkably well given his torrid qualifying.
I admit that move was pretty dumb, but I think at the time he was ahead of Webber... so it's hard to say

And I'm not surprised that Irv didn't go mad at him, he's more worried about his own team than anything else.